Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Well, you all got me soured on Alt.  If we cannot get a dominant left tackle with our first pick, I am for trading down and getting 2 picks in the 15-20 range for Edge and good LT.  That would probably leave us with 2 seconds, a good Edge, a good Tackle and some flexibility in the second round.  However, if in Free agency we can significantly improve our offensive line I could definitely go for the dominant weapon for Howell route.

Commanders' Rooting Guide for 2024 NFL Draft Implications of Week 12 | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098481-commanders-rooting-guide-for-2024-nfl-draft-implications-of-week-12

4 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

Well, you all got me soured on Alt.  If we cannot get a dominant left tackle with our first pick, I am for trading down and getting 2 picks in the 15-20 range for Edge and good LT.  That would probably leave us with 2 seconds, a good Edge, a good Tackle and some flexibility in the second round.  However, if in Free agency we can significantly improve our offensive line I could definitely go for the dominant weapon for Howell route.

Commanders' Rooting Guide for 2024 NFL Draft Implications of Week 12 | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098481-commanders-rooting-guide-for-2024-nfl-draft-implications-of-week-12

I wouldn’t be soured on him. He’s a really good player. I just don’t think he’s an absolute destroyer out there. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a player that can help us.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I dont hate Alt at all. I just like a couple of other guys more. He struggles with lateral movement. He also struggles against the bull rush in the film I watched. But I will say he has improved over last season. A LOT. I watched a ton of his games last year and he just want very impressive to me. He has impressed me more this year. But struggles in run blocking as well. He is a starter. But not a blue chipper IMO. 

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I wouldn’t be soured on him. He’s a really good player. I just don’t think he’s an absolute destroyer out there. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a player that can help us.

I’ve just started watching so I’ll reserve final judgement until I watch 5 games of each which I haven’t yet. But the 2 games I watched of Alt, I liked his play. I’d like him to build more upper body strength but in general I thought he mirrored and anchored well. His stats as to not giving up sacks and pressures are insanely good.

He wasn’t bad in the run game either. From what I read he has high intangibles ala Paris Johnson last year and is a smart dude. 

On first watch I am higher on him than @Going Commando but again I need to watch more 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I dont hate Alt at all. I just like a couple of other guys more. He struggles with lateral movement. He also struggles against the bull rush in the film I watched. But I will say he has improved over last season. A LOT. I watched a ton of his games last year and he just want very impressive to me. He has impressed me more this year. But struggles in run blocking as well. He is a starter. But not a blue chipper IMO. 

And he continually improves. I don’t think he’s maxed out. If I’m drafting for a guy that is the most pro ready to go it’s Olu. If I’m drafting a guy who is close to blue chip and has room to improve more and more it’s Alt. 

Mims is kind of a mix between the two of them.

All of them have the ability to grow in some way. 

And then Arizona’s LT isn’t very pro ready now but if he continues to develop he could be the best of them all. 

This tackle class is loaded.

Fuaga is mean and nasty and a tone setter. He will probably start a little slower but turn it up by the middle of his rookie year. He’s got to adjust to playing grown ass men while he is a grown ass man dominating mostly kids now. He will. He’s skilled.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve just started watching so I’ll reserve final judgement until I watch 5 games of each which I haven’t yet. But the 2 games I watched of Alt, I liked his play. I’d like him to build more upper body strength but in general I thought he mirrored and anchored well. His stats as to not giving up sacks and pressures are insanely good.

He wasn’t bad in the run game either. From what I read he had high intangibles ala Paris Johnson last year and is a smart dude. 

On first watch I am higher on him than @Going Commando but again I need to watch more 

I’m higher on him that GC, too. I like him a lot.

• Like 2

This is a good game for me to seperate Edwards, Corum, Henderson. 

Feels on first watch a bunch of late 2nd -early 3rd round type RBs in this class without that killer back

Right now i am slightly more partial to Corm.

But with those guys and Estime and Benson.  Hard for me to seperate them on first watch by much.  Estime would intrigue me though more if we didn't have Robinson.

I am looking for breakaway speed and on first glance -- no Achane or Gibbs level backs on that front in this group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am with you on Corum SIP. This draft has a lot Robinson type bruisers in it. Some better at it than him. But I am not sure I want to spend a pick to replace him. Corum would be a change of pace beast though IMO. 

Haven’t watched the backs yet but Corum is the guy I’d want too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am with you on Corum SIP. This draft has a lot Robinson type bruisers in it. Some better at it than him. But I am not sure I want to spend a pick to replace him. Corum would be a change of pace beast though IMO. 

Corum isn’t crazy fast but so shifty and elusive with good contact balance. Reminds me of a poor man’s Emmitt Smith.

Edwards and Henderson have their moments. But they both run a bit upright and have good speed but to my eyes not killer speed 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I just do not want to pick OT with a top 10 pick unless they are very likely a sure thing at LT.  Especially, with some very good offensive tackles later in the draft.

So here’s the thing, and I’m sure you know this… but there are no sure things. Ever.

I’d argue that while not completely blue chip, guys like Olu and Alt are pretty close to being sure things as far as being at the very least decent starters in the NFL as you’re going to get. 

It’s really rare that you look at a guy and say, “yup! He can’t miss”.

I think there is one of those in this class. That’s it. One. 

• Like 3

Speaking of backs, I think Henderson from Ohio State needs to be on the radar, too. He’s a do it all back that would be a great compliment to Robinson in a Gibson role as well. 

In fact (without watching backs in any kind of detail) the two backs on the field today are my top 2 for us.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Speaking of backs, I think Henderson from Ohio State needs to be on the radar, too. He’s a do it all back that would be a great compliment to Gibson as well. 

In fact (without watching backs in any kind of detail) the two backs on the field today are my top 2 for us.

Yep per my mentions he’s on the radar. Explosive. Can catch the ball.  Good to very good speed to my eyes but not great speed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Right.  You’d think every #1 pick would be a “can’t miss” and look how many missed.

The draft is a complete crap shoot.

IT's also entirely dependent on coaching and organization. There's a reason the same teams pick at the top of the draft year in and year out, until they establish that coach and organization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Right.  You’d think every #1 pick would be a “can’t miss” and look how many missed.

The draft is a complete crap shoot.

I would say an educated guess more than a crap shoot. Two things can ruin a high draft pick. Injuries and what becoming an instant millionaire does to someone mentally. Unfortunately you wont have the answer to either until you draft them. 

Speaking of injury. I wonder how much Latu's neck situation is going to hurt him? He is clearly one of the top guys at edge to me. And he is a better run defender than either Chase or Sweat were as well. We wont know anything until he gets his MRI at the combine though. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

McCarthy looking good against a very good defense today so far. I am still not seeing a first round QB there imo. But who knows. 

He doesn’t seem to have an NFL arm.  

That last short out would have been a pick 6 100% of the time in the NFL.  

He seems better inside the hashes and on the deep ball. Short stuff to the outside flutters without NFL velocity.  

I am passing judgment on a sample size of like 8 throws so I could be wrong.  :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He doesn’t seem to have an NFL arm.  

That last short out would have been a pick 6 100% of the time in the NFL.  

He seems better inside the hashes and on the deep ball. Short stuff to the outside flutters without NFL velocity.  

I am passing judgment on a sample size of like 8 throws so I could be wrong.  :P 

He’s a game manager and should probably stay in school. His ceiling could be a Kirk Cousins but needs more starts. 

On 11/23/2023 at 11:13 AM, RWJ said:

This for a quick 3 round mock draft:  Move Stromberg to OG. 

pff_mock_results (30).png

I would go DE maybe in the 2nd or 4th round because they've got nothing at this position right now.  The efforts of the DTs are going to waste if they don't any pressure off the edges