Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Why is Micah Parsons still in the game?  He gets injured on some dumb meaningless play and that defense is really in trouble.

Titans QB out there making Heinicke look like Brett Farve.

It's because this game still matters for the Cowboys. If the Eagles win, next week's game doesn't mean anything

The Cowboys game went “well” for us I’d say. They won and they had some guys get banged up. Assuming Eagles win Sunday (dangerous to assume anything in NFL) then I have a very hard time seeing the Cowboys putting much emphasis on our week 18 game. They certainly won’t push any of their gimpy players and I imagine they will sit others and/or pull them early. You can bet the game on Mybookie right now and we are favored by 4.5 already. Now, the players that DO play for Dallas will certainly play hard, but it is doubtful they will be showing their best 11 on each side of the ball. 

Obviously if Saints pull the upset, then everything changes. Although Philly would still have to lose AGAIN the next week to Giants in order for it to matter. 

I continue to HATE the Vegas angle on our game. It’s just sitting there at -2; begging the general public to take Washington. Scary. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

When has Washington won a meaningful game this late in the year? And with the way Wentz and the OL has played this year? One game at a time, need to get by the Browns first. 

Every time we've  won the NFC East in recent years has happened late in the year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

When has Washington won a meaningful game this late in the year? And with the way Wentz and the OL has played this year? One game at a time, need to get by the Browns first. 

2 years ago…needed to win the last game to win the division and make the playoffs. Wildcard wasn’t an option.

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

2020 ring a bell? :P 

2 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Kind of presumptuous to be opining about the Cowboys game already 

Well yeah, pretty sure that’s the idea, to assume that in the scenario we win this Sunday and don’t get eliminated, how that week 18 game will matter to us and what the cowboys might or might not do, ALSO assuming Philly wins 

Not to pile on Turner but I watched again a 4th and short play where a team lined players in the backfield behind the QB and even motioned a player tighter to the line and both players pushed the QB to help convert the sneak. I have a lot to complain about the play calling and basic things like things make me cringe. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well yeah, pretty sure that’s the idea, to assume 

“Assume”, hmmmm, there’s a saying there somewhere I’m sure but g/l w that.  

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

We win. Seattle, Detroit, Green Bay lose.

Sounds like a decent enough parlay.

7 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

“Assume”, hmmmm, there’s a saying there somewhere I’m sure but g/l w that.  

Without the assumption though, the conversation is pretty pointless, at least until Sunday night. His point is to assume that we need to beat a cowboys team that’s resting their players so that this thread isn’t just empty until Sunday. Not sure what’s so complicated to comprehend about that……..

Well, my final prediction is a sad one: I don’t think the Cowboys game will matter. As a gambler I can’t get past the obvious signs. Browns have to be the play. And it’s going to be hard for them to cover and NOT win (unless we win by exactly one point). I think Watson will have his best game so far and the game will stay uncomfortably close late into 4th. I’ll say he gets his first “moment” and Browns win 23-20. I am also predicting wins from the Lions and Bears, which would eliminate us before week 18– although I do think Vikings have a better chance to win that majority seem to think. I think they are a good bet at +3.5. 

Good news is that public sometimes wins too- I am hoping the “Joe Blow” bets come though on our game and we get it done. But following the system, Browns are the play. 

3 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Technically 2020. Last game of year at Philly was win-and-in, lose-and-out. That was strange all around, but it was a big game at the time. 

40 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Without the assumption though, the conversation is pretty pointless, at least until Sunday night. His point is to assume that we need to beat a cowboys team that’s resting their players so that this thread isn’t just empty until Sunday. Not sure what’s so complicated to comprehend about that……..

I don’t recall telling anyone not to have the conversation?  Converse about your assumptions to your little heart’s content.

I simply made an observation, to no one in particular I might add.  Am I allowed to do that, maybe add a different perspective to the conversation?

I’ll play and “assume” that the team has plenty of issues regarding protecting Mr. Wentz from being decapitated by Mr. Garrett as a means of maintaining any playoff scenario whatsoever.

Does that meet w your approval sir?

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

I don’t recall telling anyone not to have the conversation?  Converse about your assumptions to your little heart’s content.

I simply made an observation, to no one in particular I might add.  Am I allowed to do that, maybe add a different perspective to the conversation?

I’ll play and “assume” that the team has plenty of issues regarding protecting Mr. Wentz from being decapitated by Mr. Garrett as a means of maintaining any playoff scenario whatsoever.

Does that meet w your approval sir?

I’m well aware that you weren’t telling anyone to not have the conversation. I was simply explaining to you the reason WHY @kleese was discussing the cowboys game prior to sundays game 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why “technically”? Do you mean because the game was January 3rd 2021? 

Because it was weird. We were 6-9 and the Eagles were trying to lose. Virtually empty stadium, CoVID year, etc… It didn’t feel too much like a big game. 

It's not likely that all 3 lose and we win on Sunday. It would be phenomenal though. However, I could absolutely see 2 of the 3 lose and we win. That would be a huge success for us. Eliminates two of them. Then we dont even necessarily have to beat Dallas. We would just need one other game to go our way in week 18. It would be Washington gets in with win vs Dallas OR a loss by so and so. Two different ways for us to get in, in the last week. That's my realistic goal. Two of the three teams 0.5 back of us lose and we win. Looking pretty good at that point.

4 minutes ago, kleese said:

Because it was weird. We were 6-9 and the Eagles were trying to lose. Virtually empty stadium, CoVID year, etc… It didn’t feel too much like a big game. 

Well…..ok, but how big of a game it felt or didn’t feel to any of us is irrelevant, the fact is it WAS a meaningful game 100% because it meant we won the division. There’s no “technically” about it just because it didn’t feel like a big game