Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

The Green Bay win today lowers our odds of us getting in a 8-8-1. It also introduces the possibility we could be eliminated next week: 

—We lose 

—Packers and Lions both win

That would be it for us because either Green Bay or Detroit would get to 9 wins in week 18. I’m honestly not sure if those teams tied in week 18 what would happen if all three were 8-8-1; but I THINK Detroit would be in. 

If we lose and one or both of Detroit/Green Bay lose, we’d still be alive entering week 18. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, kleese said:

The Green Bay win today lowers our odds of us getting in a 8-8-1. It also introduces the possibility we could be eliminated next week: 

—We lose 

—Packers and Lions both win

That would be it for us because either Green Bay or Detroit would get to 9 wins in week 18. I’m honestly not sure if those teams tied in week 18 what would happen if all three were 8-8-1; but I THINK Detroit would be in. 

If we lose and one or both of Detroit/Green Bay lose, we’d still be alive entering week 18. 

We lose to Cleveland next week!  We should be eliminated!   If we can’t figure out a way to win games to get to the playoffs!  Than we just plainly don’t deserve to be a part of it!  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

We lose to Cleveland next week!  We should be eliminated!   If we can’t figure out a way to win games to get to the playoffs!  Than we just plainly don’t deserve to be a part of it!  

Doesn’t that logic apply to the Lions, Packers, Seahawks and Giants as well? What if we all lose next week? After all, 4 of the 5 WC hopefuls lost this week. Would any of them deserve to be in the playoffs more than the Commanders?

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

I just hope something happens next week that makes Week 18 not important for the Cowboys.  I don't think they are unbeatable, but I also don't trust this team to win a game like that yet.  The O-line against Dallas's defense would be a depressing way for the season to come to a close.

I've said in this thread and others and I will say it again.  The Giants are a team this team should have swept.  They blew tons of chances in the first game, and just played mediocre, flat, & uninspired in a game that was supposed to be their statement game and coming out party to the world.  (You can make the argument the Eagles MNF game was that, but they weren't getting the praise and love from the media the way they had been in the last month)  This season has had a lot of ups & downs, you can make the valid case for other games earlier in the season that they also let slip by, but the main difference for me between those games and the Giants games, were the early season we were a mess of a team for many different reasons, some of those reasons persist to this day, but some were fixed, reduced, & minimized.  Tie/Losing to the Giants with relatively the same roster that I just saw go toe to toe with the 49ers for even just a half of football? INEXCUSABLE. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Odd choice for SNF considering Pitt can be eliminated prior to that game kicking off. But along with that announcement they announced entire schedule for week and we indeed stay at 1pm on FOX. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Does our game Vs Cleveland now get flexed to 4:25 so we play at the same time as packers Vikings? 

No

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I just hope something happens next week that makes Week 18 not important for the Cowboys.  I don't think they are unbeatable, but I also don't trust this team to win a game like that yet.  The O-line against Dallas's defense would be a depressing way for the season to come to a close.

If I’m not mistaken, if the Eagles win next week, the last game doesn’t mean anything to the Cowboys, unless they just want to stick it to the Commanders, but I can’t see them playing guys like Micah Parsons, Zeke, CeeDee and Dak in a meaningless game when they’re desperate for a playoff run. 

With that being said, I could still see Washington struggling to win simply because they don’t score many points no matter who they’re playing. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The only way we control our destiny week 18 with a LOSS to Cleveland: 

—Bears beat Lions

—Jets beat Seahawks 

—Vikings beat Packers 

So we have very likely run out of mulligans. 

I am also 99% sure we can no longer make playoffs at 7-9-1; so no need to even investigate the “0-2 finish” possibilities. 

8 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If I’m not mistaken, if the Eagles win, then the last game doesn’t mean anything to the Cowboys, unless they just want to stick it to the Commanders, but I can’t see them playing guys like Micah Parsons, Zeke, CeeDee and Dak in a meaningless game when they’re desperate for a playoff run. 

With that being said, I could still see Washington struggling to win simply because they don’t score many points no matter who they’re playing. 

If Dallas loses Thursday, Eagles clinch. If Eagles beat Saints, Eagles clinch. 

In all likelihood, Dallas will be locked into 5 seed come week 18. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Doesn’t that logic apply to the Lions, Packers, Seahawks and Giants as well? What if we all lose next week? After all, 4 of the 5 WC hopefuls lost this week. Would any of them deserve to be in the playoffs more than the Commanders?

Simple answer no!   But than again,  I don’t care about those other teams!  I prefer to see the team I do care about actually do something to deserve to be there!  They have had 3 chances in a row to put a strangle hold on the playoffs and failed each time!   They can’t beat Cleveland who has nothing to play for,  than I’m sorry!  But at that point!  Just call it a year and pack it up!   

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If we beat the Browns next week like we should is there anyway that gets us in?

Yes. 

In addition we’d need the Packers, Lions, and Seahawks to lose. If all that happened, we’d clinch. That certainly seems far-fetched. What I  think is slightly more realistic would be we win, Lions win and maybe we get lucky and Packers and Seahawks lose. Then we would have two paths in week 18– win and in OR Lions loss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Point spreads are live on my bookie for three of the four games we care about: 

Commanders -2.5 vs Browns 

Lions -5 vs Bears 

Seahawks -1.5 vs Jets 

Packers isn’t official yet, but I’m seeing Green Bay -3 most places 

I think all four of these games will have “live dogs” fully capable of pulling the upset. 

The fact that GB won today and the Packers and Lions play week 18 really complicates the scenarios where we make it by going 1-1. Now,  if one or both of those teams lose this week, then it reopens some of those possibilities. But if the Lions and Packers both win this week, it then renders the Seahawks irrelevant to us. And again, if we lose and the Lions and Packers win, it’s lights out for us before we even get to week 18. 

“Backing into” the playoffs is still possible, but that has become a pretty fanciful possibility. I think we are looking at a scenario where 2-0 gets us in 100%, 0-2 is 0% and 1-1 is probably 25% or less. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1