Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Nearly 80 officials overseeing elections in 7 swing states doubt 2020 results https://www.cbsnews.com/news/officials-overseeing-elections-swing-states-doubt-2020-results/

Reno — Washoe County, Nevada, is a battleground county in a critical battleground state and may hold the keys to congressional contests, and potentially the presidency. But in this cycle, one of the most consequential races in the state is that of county commissioner. 

That commissioner would wield the swing vote on a panel that — among other responsibilities — oversees elections in Washoe. Members appoint the county's top election official, set the budget for elections and ultimately certify statewide election results.

"It's important to realize that we are in a national election, that national election is being run at the local level," said Democratic Secretary of State Francisco Aguilar in an interview. "And at that local level, they can completely shut down the election at the state, for the state and for the nation."

At a time when the electoral process has come under withering attack by former President Donald Trump and his boisterous MAGA following, control of the elections has emerged as a target of his allies in places like Washoe County, despite a persistent lack of evidence of widespread voter fraud in Washoe, or any other county in the U.S.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There’s no need for any debates. It willl be even more of a **** show than the 2020 debates.

Have them do individual town halls with voters.

nah we need them arguing at each other about the issues. it's purely for entertainment at this point 

Edited by ixcuincle

Posted (edited)

A former Capitol Hill officer who was there on January 6th is a Democratic candidate, a former rioter who served time for assaulting a police officer is a Republican candidate.  Seems about right, this is the state of our country today.  

I'm all for these debates. It will give those still undecided another look at just how unhinged Donald Trump is and always will be.  Biden may appear slow but just like last time he will keep his cool and let Trump make an ass out of himself. Again.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

A former Capitol Hill officer who was there on January 6th is a Democratic candidate, a former rioter who served time for assaulting a police officer is a Republican candidate.  Seems about right, this is the state of our country today.  

I'm all for these debates. It will give those still undecided another look at just how unhinged Donald Trump is and always will be.  Biden may appear slow but just like last time he will keep his cool and let Trump make an ass out of himself. Again.  

I don’t understand how anyone can be undecided with these two. I understand that there are people like that out there, I just don’t get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

I don’t understand how anyone can be undecided with these two. I understand that there are people like that out there, I just don’t get it.

It's worrisome. While I believe polling in this age is harder than ever, it still shouldn't be like this in a commonsense world. Now in the middle of May, I can concerned about who is running the message for the Biden and Dems. I do believe they are sitting on money to flood the media with anti-Don stuff at some point through the election. But given the current climate, I want them to start being louder.

Posted (edited)

Fwiw, I have a hard time believing many under 50 are answering "unknown caller" calls on their cell, much less doing so and staying on the line for an election survey. 

The cake is a lie. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Voters have short memories. They are selfish and only care about the things they decide to care about (which tends to be things that affect them or affect a group they care about - see: every conversation about taxes 😆.) 

and despite the dems and the Biden team trying to convince everyone the economy is great - people don’t feel that way. The inflation rate may be down, but it does nothing for the inflation we’ve seen over the last 4ish years. Things are still significantly more expensive than they were before Covid. Significantly more. Interest rates are way higher.  (Edit: there are new polls showing this sentiment is starting to shift, people are starting to accept “the new normal”, we’ll see how it plays out through the election…)

it seems to me when people are generally happy in their day to day lives, they vote to keep things in place. When they’re unhappy, they vote for change. 

it also seems to me people that do not do well with analyzing the cause of things. Combined with the short memory thing I mentioned, you get people who think Trump would do better than Biden because they’re unhappy and want change and don’t care nor remember 2016-2020. 

or they’re just sick of Biden and want change. 

I think it’s easy to understand. It’s stupid, but this is how our people work and it’s why we have the government we have (and deserve.)

You’ve got people (at least one of them is an active poster that dogs the republicans and trump with almost every post) threatening to vote for Trump because they don’t like bidens policy on Israel. 

🤷‍♂️

when you start realizing people are irrational, stupid, selfish, single issue voters that can’t remember much and don’t pay much attention to begin with… if this all falls apart history is not going to be very kind to the people of the USA. We have every resource to be responsible citizens that demand a great government that functions well and is the envy of the world - we don’t have it because we don’t deserve it and don’t work for it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw, I have a hard time believing many under 50 are answering "unknown caller" calls on their cell, much less doing so and staying on the line for an election survey. 

The cake is a lie. 

I agree as someone under 50 and who never answers calls from numbers that are unlisted or aren't something I'm expecting. I've never been reached for something like this, if someone tried to reach me. 

Still, I am worried. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Have you met ix?

I never said I was undecided I'm a moderate and apparently that's bad now. apparently I should go all out for Joe to protect our democracy 😂

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I never said I was undecided I'm a moderate and apparently that's bad now. apparently I should go all out for Joe to protect our democracy 😂

So you are decided. You are a moderate, so you’ve decided to vote for…Trump? RFK Jr? 🥱

• Haha 1

Wow.  Biden gonna run the score up in June.  

Trump hasn't had to answer to any of his garbage -- Jan 6, Stealing national secrets in any debate.  Anyone saying "we don't need debates" is a moron.... we need a clear contrast for people still undecided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

apparently I should go all out for Joe to protect our democracy 😂

Yeah I mean that is pretty much the context at the moment. 

There are several reasons why a person may not “get it”, it doesn’t matter to me which one you are you can pick 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Voters have short memories. They are selfish and only care about the things they decide to care about (which tends to be things that affect them or affect a group they care about - see: every conversation about taxes 😆.) 

and despite the dems and the Biden team trying to convince everyone the economy is great - people don’t feel that way. The inflation rate may be down, but it does nothing for the inflation we’ve seen over the last 4ish years. Things are still significantly more expensive than they were before Covid. Significantly more. Interest rates are way higher.  (Edit: there are new polls showing this sentiment is starting to shift, people are starting to accept “the new normal”, we’ll see how it plays out through the election…)

it seems to me when people are generally happy in their day to day lives, they vote to keep things in place. When they’re unhappy, they vote for change. 

it also seems to me people that do not do well with analyzing the cause of things. Combined with the short memory thing I mentioned, you get people who think Trump would do better than Biden because they’re unhappy and want change and don’t care nor remember 2016-2020. 

or they’re just sick of Biden and want change. 

I think it’s easy to understand. It’s stupid, but this is how our people work and it’s why we have the government we have (and deserve.)

You’ve got people (at least one of them is an active poster that dogs the republicans and trump with almost every post) threatening to vote for Trump because they don’t like bidens policy on Israel. 

🤷‍♂️

when you start realizing people are irrational, stupid, selfish, single issue voters that can’t remember much and don’t pay much attention to begin with… if this all falls apart history is not going to be very kind to the people of the USA. We have every resource to be responsible citizens that demand a great government that functions well and is the envy of the world - we don’t have it because we don’t deserve it and don’t work for it. 

People only care about their interests and not esoteric things like democracy.

If Joe wins,  it will be barely. Think the closeness of 2000 EC.

Biden needs to be spending some of that money now. Waiting until Labor Day, is too late. Views will be hardened then and not changing.

I firmly believe third party vote will be big enough to tip election one way or the other.

25 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Wow.  Biden gonna run the score up in June.  

Trump hasn't had to answer to any of his garbage -- Jan 6, Stealing national secrets in any debate.  Anyone saying "we don't need debates" is a moron.... we need a clear contrast for people still undecided.

There won’t be an actual Debate but an actual **** show like one of the 2020 debates.

You honestly think there will be an actual debate.

45 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

When the options are Joe and MAGA, yes..yes you should (if you're truly a moderate as you claim). 

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

When the options are Joe and MAGA, yes..yes you should (if you're truly a moderate as you claim). 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

If you're actually a moderate,  you're more liberal than I am. So yes, you should be going all out for Biden.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If you're actually a moderate,  you're more liberal than I am. So yes, you should be going all out for Biden.

I mean..has being a moderate moved so far right that Joe Biden is now considered not moderate? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1