Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

EB has enough struggles with the offense as the OC. The last thing I want is for him to have the added responsibilities of the HC. 

He's going to have a long, successful career as a head coach with the team lucky enough to get him. And I hope that team is us.

Look what he did first with Mahomes and now look what he's doing with Howell. Howell looks like Mahomes already his first season playing! Go look at their stats side by side right now. Other than the sacks, their stats are almost identical. This is no coincidence. It's because Bienemy knows how to coach up top talent and knows how to draw up plays.

Pair Bienemy with an equally bad ass DC and that's all she wrote. Washington will be a perennial playoff team.

I mean, you may be right about adding responsibilities right now but I absolutely do not want Bienemy fired. In my opinion, he's already done enough to be our next head coach. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Spiers said:

He's going to have a long, successful career as a head coach with the team lucky enough to get him. And I hope that team is us.

Look what he did first with Mahomes and now look what he's doing with Howell. Howell looks like Mahomes already his first season playing! Go look at their stats side by side right now. Other than the sacks, their stats are almost identical. This is no coincidence. It's because Bienemy knows how to coach up top talent and knows how to draw up plays.

Pair Bienemy with an equally bad ass DC and that's all she wrote. Washington will be a perennial playoff team.

I mean, you may be right about adding responsibilities right now but I absolutely do not want Bienemy fired. In my opinion, he's already done enough to be our next head coach. 

The offense is also very up and down and has had some real bad moments. And EB's playcalling and scheming often leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of the offensive production today was really broken plays and/or Howell doing something brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The offense is also very up and down and has had some real bad moments. And EB's playcalling and scheming often leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of the offensive production today was really broken plays and/or Howell doing something brilliant.

EB inherited a jailbreak offensive line and poor tight end blocking, those are the only glaring struggles I've seen. Has he been perfect? No. Has he turned a 5th rounder into one of the top quarterbacks in the league? Yes.

I think building a dominant offensive line, getting better tight ends, a big #1 receiver to pair with Terry and Dotson, our offense will be unstoppable next year. I'm hoping that's what they'll do because I'm really excited what EB and Howell have done this season and want to continue to build on that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

EB has enough struggles with the offense as the OC. The last thing I want is for him to have the added responsibilities of the HC. 

This is fair, same time starting to wonder if some players are skating because there too much noise around Rivera being a lame duck right now.

If ownership has made up there mind, there's nothing left to evaluate with folks that should be gone.  Can we hire a gm while Rivera is still under contract?

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's sick, like waiting on an Amazon or eBay package that keeps changing dates...you know its coming, yet we gotta sit here and wait without it even longer while the delivery and process completes.

Make EB interim already, fire Ron and JDR, start GM search now.  Defense can't get worse, this is all about putting  best situation around Howell possible now, nothing else matters.

The date remains the same: Monday, January 8th. Between 9am and 4pm.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Someone mentioned this maybe in this thread or the Gameday or possibly the Next Day thread, but the Texans would be in the playoffs right now.  Coaching makes a huge difference.  Imagine this team with Demeco Ryans as HC.  They finally have a QB and now have the right HC.  Sucks that Rivera is so awful.  This season can't end fast enough

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Someone mentioned this maybe in this thread or the Gameday or possibly the Next Day thread, but the Texans would be in the playoffs right now.  Coaching makes a huge difference.  Imagine this team with Demeco Ryans as HC.  They finally have a QB and now have the right HC.  Sucks that Rivera is so awful.  This season can't end fast enough

Yeah and Ryans is an example of why I wouldn't mind a defensive minded HC either. I mean I'd still prefer offense but if you can get a bright young mind on one side of the ball, go for it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Bobby Slowik Jr. has done a tremendous job with that offense. He's #3 on my coaches list.

3 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Look at the Raiders fire the coach and the entire team turns it around.

Ron needs to go along with his DC that has a horribly complex defense that does nothing other than setting up players to fail

The difference is the Raiders mutinied on McDaniels. The locker room tuned him out and basically demanded he be fired.

Our locker room is still playing hard for Rivera, for whatever its worth.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The difference is the Raiders mutinied on McDaniels. The locker room tuned him out and basically demanded he be fired.

Our locker room is still playing hard for Rivera, for whatever its worth.

I dont see the defense stepping up and playing for jack or ron. I see the offense playing for eric. No one is playing for ron. I actually read saw a mcafee report on espn saying eric is the defacto  head coach that ron has checked out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

Imagine adaptable, innovative, high effort and intelligent coaching like this. 

Something tells me there's a very good chance we won't have to imagine it past this complete waste of a season.  

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The biggest thing is making sure the GM, Coach, and Owner are all on the same page. That doesn't mean they can't have disagreements on certain things, but at the end of the day the vision and strategy need to be aligned.

I remember clearly when all of this was commonplace and taken for granted here. 

Yeah...I guess I'm showing my age.  😩

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Are you saying a team can turn things around earlier than as designated it in RR's 19-year plan?

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Watching Buffalo underwhelm to start against Denver, I had a fever-pipe dream that McDermott gets fired and becomes our DC under the young offensive genius.

There isn't going to be a shortage of quality DCs. Frazier is already out there. Eberfluss and Staley will be out there as well at the end of the season. Dennis Allen and Todd Bowles could both be out there as well.

• Like 1