Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There is a zero percent chance this isn't being completely lip-synched. 

It wasn't. 

There was a backing click track, but as a former vocal student I could see that their cords were moving (for whatever it's worth).  I've never heard any of those songs, but I didn't think it was that awful.   

(The show in the first game was totally lip-synched, tho.)

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m watching at a bar on a cruise ship. Wearing my Commanders black polo.

I walked in and was immediately asked who I was rooting for. Crowd is about 75% Dallas, 25% Giants fans.

I said I was rooting for a scoreless tie, but if that didn’t happen, Dallas.  

I now have a lot of Cowboy friends buying me drinks.  (Which they don’t have to because mine are free, but I’ll take money from Cowboy fans any day.  What they don’t know, won’t hurt them. )

Cruise ships are totally cashless.  How did you take their money?  Asking for a friend….😂

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Daniel jones looks like a goofy ****. He should not be on a 7-3 team. 

Guessing he meant they’re paying for his drinks with their cards 

I suppose.  You charge to your cabin, no credit cards used either.

I hate this game.  I hate both teams.  I want Dallas to win….I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

Cruise ships are totally cashless.  How did you take their money?  Asking for a friend….😂

Well, they bought me drinks.  I drank them. I didn’t pay for them.  They did. 

ironically, all of my drinks are prepaid.  So I could have just gotten my own.   It could have been they were in the same situation, but they weren’t.  I watched them get the check and drop $15 on my Old Fashioned.  Multiple times.  (The bar makes a really good old fashioned. It’s a signature drink.) 

So, WINNING!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

I think Dallas should be killing the Giants.

I always wear my Washington Redskins hat on cruises, and people comment nicely all the time.  I’ll never give that hat up.

Because I'm in ATL and radio guys are trying to figure out what our name is now...they've been twisting things all up this last week.  :ols:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I think Dallas should be killing the Giants.

I always wear my Washington Redskins hat on cruises, and people comment nicely all the time.  I’ll never give that hat up.

My Redskins hats are in retirement.  Mostly because I’ve almost worked a hole in them. But I’ve been sporting WFT and Commanders gear the entire week and have gotten a lot of positive comments.

One guy said, “Taylor Heinicke is playing great for us. He’s the real deal.”

I smiled, said “We’re winning” and left it at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My Redskins hats are in retirement.  Mostly because I’ve almost worked a hole in them. But I’ve been sporting WFT and Commanders gear the entire week and have gotten a lot of positive comments.

Hey, I work with a Falcons sth and he's carrying our defense in fantasy for the third week.   

I'll take what I can get with these fans down here.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I haven’t invested in the new gear.  I love the black.  I’m waiting to see if we get a new owner/name.  

I’m back at the sports bar.  A really loud woman with lots of tattoos wearing a Barkley T-shirt has entered the fray.  She’s yelling very loudly whenever something good or bad happens. Candidly, I’m not entirely sure she knows which is which but she likes to yell a lot.  

At this point, I’m rooting for a drunk Cowboys fan to get offended and a full scale brawl to break out. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 5

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m back at the sports bar.  A really loud woman with lots of tattoos wearing a Barkley T-shirt has entered the fray.  She’s yelling very loudly whenever something good or bad happens. Candidly, I’m not entirely sure she knows which is which but she likes to tell a lot.  

At this point, I’m rooting for a drunk Cowboys fan to get offended and a full scale brawl to break out. 

Please keep us updated, I haven't been this curious about anything in ages!

Id also like to mention I have the most lovely wife in the history of the world.  She’s taking the kids to the arcade so I can watch the game.  A game where my team isn’t actually participating.  

Though I will have to go watch a Turkey Pardoning  ceremony at 7:15.  Screw the Turkey, I say.  Off with its head! 

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Please keep us updated, I haven't been this curious about anything in ages!

At the moment she seems to be distracted talking to some random old dude (and by old I mean probably about my age, maybe a little older) and is no longer paying attention so my life long desire of being in a full scale bar brawl on a cruise ship seems to be dying on the vine.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think I'm gonna invest in one of those Sean Taylor hoodies with the helmet on the front that his daughter worked on...

Which one are you buying?  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

At the moment she seems to be distracted talking to some random old dude (and by old I mean probably about my age, maybe a little older) and is no longer paying attention so my life long desire of being in a full scale bar brawl on a cruise ship seems to be dying on the vine.  

What ship are you on?