Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

Just now, AJ* said:

Really dumb play on 3rd and 1. The Vikings may be the best opening drive team in the NFL but for some reason after looking spectacular on opening drives they tend to stall for long periods.

Yep… O’Connell tends to get too cute.  He has Scott Turner Disease.

27 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

New respect to Al Saunders and Todd Collins for being able to take a 700 page playbook and finish making a playcall half an hour faster than the Dolphins can.

You know, every time I hear this criticism, it irks me.  2 reasons:

1. they are professionals and it’s their entire damn job to be able to remember and execute the playbook.

2. it was basically the same playbook martz used for the Greatest Show on Turf and Saunders used for top 10 offenses in Cincy.

The problem wasn’t the size of the playbook. 

The problem was players who couldn’t master it. Which means they weren’t super smart.

As an aside, Reid’s playbook has to be 7,000 pages by now and nobody is complaining.

/rant

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm saying they should check and make sure instead of just saying "yeah, he probably got that".

They reviewed it. It was impossible to tell exactly where the ball was when his progress was stopped.

You seem to be desperate for a reason to complain just because the team you wanted to win didn't.

The Giants vs. Vikings game for me is both a no win situation and a can't lose situation.

If the Vikings win, I am happy because I like to see bad things happen to the Giants. But I’ll be sad because I’ll be missing out on the Kirk Jerks trying to explain again how it’s not Kirk’s fault snd he’s just the most unlucky guy ever to have played professional sports. 

If the Giants win it will be fun to see Kirk get mocked mercilessly. But I will be sad because Giants fans will be happy and I loathe that. 

I don’t think this situation has ever played out this was before for me’