Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

All this ODU hate tickles me proper.

I remember when they first started their football program and refused to play Norfolk State out of fear losing to them would negatively impact recruitment.

When I went to see the two teams play basketball at the scope and saw ODU Cheerleaders team was larger then everyone Norfolk State brought with them, players coaches, Cheerleaders, everyone...I've wanted nothing more then for their boujeeness to be justly rewarded.

Glory to your perpetual mediocrity, you've earned it through same-day shipping via karma.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

All this ODU hate tickles me proper.

I remember when they first started their football program and refused to play Norfolk State out of fear losing to them would negatively impact recruitment.

When I went to see the two teams play basketball at the scope and saw ODU Cheerleaders team was larger then everyone Norfolk State brought with them, players coaches, Cheerleaders, everyone...I've wanted nothing more then for their boujeeness to be justly rewarded.

Glory to your perpetual mediocrity, you've earned it through same-day shipping via karma.

I don’t remember Bobby Wilder ducking Norfolk State. He scheduled W&M in ODU’s second season (2010), when W&M was a top ranked FCS team. I doubt Wilder was scared of NSU. I can only speculate that maybe NSU wanted a multiple year agreement that ODU wasn’t interested in? 

For all the faults Wilder had after 2016, he did an excellent job building ODU up as quickly as he did, which most of the credit should go to Heinecke. I just find it hard to believe ODU was ducking NSU, especially when we played each other in the playoffs in 2011 and crushed NSU after giving up a 98 yard touchdown on the opening drive.

9 minutes ago, bushwack said:

I don’t remember Bobby Wilder ducking Norfolk State. He scheduled W&M in ODU’s second season (2010), when W&M was a top ranked FCS team. I doubt Wilder was scared of NSU. I can only speculate that maybe NSU wanted a multiple year agreement that ODU wasn’t interested in? 

For all the faults Wilder had after 2016, he did an excellent job building ODU up as quickly as he did, which most of the credit should go to Heinecke. I just find it hard to believe ODU was ducking NSU, especially when we played each other in the playoffs in 2011 and crushed NSU after giving up a 98 yard touchdown on the opening drive.

I was living down there when that was going down, a lot of people were asking what the hold up was, even folks I talked to at NSU, so that's were that came from. 

Many felt it was more perception of losing to NSU then fear of losing to them, recruiting isn't easy.  In fairness, I want to blame both sides, but I heard more about NSU asking what the hold up was then other way around. 

Home and Away deal for a couple seasons was announced like two years after their first game together wasn't it?

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Home and Away deal for a couple seasons was announced like two years after their first game together wasn't it?

We’ve played NSU 3 times in the regular season. 1 time at NSU in 2013 and 2 times at ODU in 2015 & 2019. I’d be surprised if any future games are played at Dick Price Stadium.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, bushwack said:

We’ve played NSU 3 times in the regular season. 1 time at NSU in 2013 and 2 times at ODU in 2015 & 2019. I’d be surprised if any future games are played at Dick Price Stadium.

Similar takeaway, and disappointing given they're both in Norfolk, imo.

17 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Ok yall, no more ODU jibber jabber or its Van Damme taint-strikes across the board.

Don’t go making promises like that and getting me worked up and then not delivering. I can’t handle another let down after what ODU did yesterday.

• Haha 2

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39156339/michigan-receives-ncaa-notice-allegations-recruiting-violations

Michigan has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA regarding alleged violations by the football staff during the COVID-19 recruiting dead period, two university officials told ESPN.

According to sources, Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh faces a Level I violation for allegedly not cooperating with or misleading NCAA investigators about the alleged violations, and Michigan also faces four Level II violations, which are considered less serious. Michigan in August self-imposed a three-game suspension for Harbaugh to begin the season as well as a one-game suspension for offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore as part of a negotiated resolution for his involvement.

The self-imposed penalties, enacted to soften the impact of NCAA punishment, came shortly after the NCAA's infractions committee did not approve a negotiated resolution involving Harbaugh that would have resulted in a four-game suspension. The NCAA also in August took the unusual step of issuing a statement during an ongoing investigation about the severity of the alleged violations involving Michigan.

"The Michigan infractions case is related to impermissible on and off-campus recruiting during the COVID-19 dead period and impermissible coaching activities -- not a cheeseburger," Derrick Crawford, NCAA vice president of hearing operations, said in the statement, referring to the simplistic characterization of the violations in some media reports. "It is not uncommon for the [committee on infractions] to seek clarification on key facts prior to accepting. The COI may also reject an NR [negotiated resolution] if it determines that the agreement is not in the best interests of the Association or the penalties are not reasonable. If the involved parties cannot resolve a case through the negotiated resolution process, it may proceed to a hearing, but the committee believes cooperation is the best avenue to quickly resolve issues."

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1