Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m gonna be honest, I thought coaches being able to move anywhere they wanted to go while players are penalized a year for transferring really sucked. 

but I hate this **** just as much. 

I mean, who knew that paying 18 and 19yo kids more than the pros (sometimes) would result in a black market free agency for college sports?

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I mean, who knew that paying 18 and 19yo kids more than the pros (sometimes) would result in a black market free agency for college sports?

Yeah I just wanted them to be paid. I didn’t want it to be a revolving door of uncapped free agency salary where they’re just going out to the highest bidder every year. 

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I just wanted them to be paid. I didn’t want it to be a revolving door of uncapped free agency salary where they’re just going out to the highest bidder every year. 

This whole thing is broken so badly I'm not sure it can stay a business in its current from, it will always find a way to act like one.

Government should jus take over the NCAA and make it part of Department of Education...there's nothing about the NCAA that acts non-profit anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Oh hells yeah The Famous Toastery Bowl. 

popcorn-gif-8.gif

This is coming from an ODU Alum, this bowl game along with at least another 11 bowl games shouldn’t be taking place. Rewarding mediocrity (6-6) is absurd. A team should be at least 8-4 to qualify for a bowl. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Expecting commuter colleges to compete is always problematic (of course ODU might have changed in the 30 years since I attended as a Freshman 😆).  

It’s made even more difficult when mediocrity seems to be the new standard. The facilities aren’t terrible, the AD is. JMU and Liberty are easily comparable and both schools have left ODU in the dust, especially in football.

Mabye ODU should look into calling themselves an Ivy League team so that people can nod their heads and call it "tradition" to suck at football. If they have too much peasantry in their classrooms to qualify, make their own and call it Poison Ivy League instead.