Jequez Ezzard, WR, Sam Houston State

Ferrod Gardner, LB, Louisiana

Drew White, LB, Notre Dame

Tyrese Robinson, OL, Oklahoma

Josh Drayden, CB, California

Deionte Knight, DL, Western

Jacub Panasiuk, DL, Mich. State

Devante Cross, S, UVA

Full list of UDFAs, Tryout Players and 3 roster hold-overs at Rookie camp.

FSE_jqdWQAAaeIH.jpeg

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Thanks 4

My favorite is Ferrod Gardner.

6ft 1"

NFLPA Bowl NFL Draft All-Star Invite.

He communicated well pre snap and closely with our 4th round draft pick, Percy Butler.

2020 Season was his best year. 74 Tackles, 7 TFL, 4.5 Sacks.

If you can bring one teammate to a fox hole, who are you taking and why?

Percy Butler because I know he’s going to be in the right spot each time and we can always communicate our indecisiveness out on the field

• Like 2

Tyrese Robinson will most likely make this team at RG. He isnt a special athlete. But he is a smart player and he is a huge man. He also plays with that nasty streak you want out of your OL. He has position flexibility as well. He played both RG and RT. Check out his tape against Florida. He is number 52. Lined up at RG.

Jaquez Ezzard fits the mold of what Turner likes in his WR's. He gives you RB, WR and PR flexibility. Not sure he will be able to break through our pretty stacked WR ranks. But he could legitimately be our starting return man. 

Thats all I got. I dont really know a whole lot about any of the rest of the guys. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

Quick takes on guys I talked about in 2022 comp thread…

Ezzard - Ran a most go/post route tree. Didn’t get separation from FCS corners. Good hands. Better with the ball in his hands. Not going to make it as a receiver. But as a return man? He has the goods.

McGowan - played at Northwestern for 4 years then transferred to GT. Was a WR/RB at NW. Plays mostly in the slot. He’s very intriguing and might make it if we get injuries but otherwise he’s a developmental guy. But he plays that dual role… like Samuel and Gibson. 

Robinson - Very similar to CPG (Chris Paul Guard). Slow, plodding feet in pass pro. Not great at power stepping. But big and once he locks he’s got you beat. Expect these two to battle for a potential spot. 

Ferrod Gardener - Just watched his game vs. App State. Woof. I’ll give him credit. He’s athletic, big, and not afraid. His angles make Bostic’s look top notch. He’s a lightbulb guy. If it goes off he has a chance. If he plays like he did on film? Nope.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Devante Cross is intriguing.

De’Vante Cross, DB

Positives: Nice-sized defensive back who saw action at safety and corner. Physical, mixes it up with opponents, and fights hard to defend passes. Relatively instinctive, stays with assignments, and displays decent range. Shows good recognition in zone and possesses an explosive burst to the ball out of his plant.

Negatives: Lacks speed and quickness. Suffered a season-ending knee injury in November.

Analysis: Cross looks the part, occasionally plays to it, and comes with the size necessary to line up at safety. His late-season injury from 2021 must be checked out before Cross even gets an invitation to camp this summer.

Sounds like a developmental Buffalo Nickel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Ezzard - Ran a most go/post route tree. Didn’t get separation from FCS corners. Good hands. Better with the ball in his hands. Not going to make it as a receiver. But as a return man? He has the goods.

McGowan - played at Northwestern for 4 years then transferred to GT. Was a WR/RB at NW. Plays mostly in the slot. He’s very intriguing and might make it if we get injuries but otherwise he’s a developmental guy. But he plays that dual role… like Samuel and Gibson. 

Robinson - Very similar to CPG (Chris Paul Guard). Slow, plodding feet in pass pro. Not great at power stepping. But big and once he locks he’s got you beat. Expect these two to battle for a potential spot. 

Ferrod Gardener - Just watched his game vs. App State. Woof. I’ll give him credit. He’s athletic, big, and not afraid. His angles make Bostic’s look top notch. He’s a lightbulb guy. If it goes off he has a chance. If he plays like he did on film? Nope.

I'd agree on Gardner. Think he's raw as heck. Hope he makes the PS as a developmental guy. I like the traits, not the whole package.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Specific on Ezzard, I thought the same thing with the game tape I watch.  He may become our new DeAndre Carter.  

Relentless, tenacious worker on and off the field. Plays faster than he'll time with football quickness and footwork.

Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.

He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.

A borderline top-100 draft pick who isn't flashy and won't have great workout numbers, but simply makes plays on the football field.

Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Relentless, tenacious worker on and off the field. Plays faster than he'll time with football quickness and footwork.

Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.

He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.

A borderline top-100 draft pick who isn't flashy and won't have great workout numbers, but simply makes plays on the football field.

Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Seems like a really good kid. All these high character dudes we've brought in this off-season is the type of stuff that can take a program to the next level.

We've infused a lot of vocal leadership that I feel we were lacking at times before.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Really digging Drew White from ND.  Remember JOK.  Read this and watch the film

Drew White, there is something about this him. Way too early but I think he fills a need like BN/hybrid/S or ST. I really think he shines. He's quick and he has a nose for the ball. More on White. This article was from May of 2021:

slapthesign.com/2021/05/24/notre-dame-football-drew-white-will-2022-nfl-draft-pick/

"On defense, there is veteran talent on all three levels, including at linebacker, which is the specialty for new defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman. The man in the middle of the linebacker group is Drew White, an exciting player who will play his way to being a draft pick next April."

"Notre Dame Football has a star in Drew White
During the 2020 college football season, fellow linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah got most of the national attention, becoming an All-American, and helping the Irish to an undefeated regular season. However, even JOK will tell you what an incredible player White is, and in 2021, he takes over as the face of the linebacker group."

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, xxprodigyxx said:

please get justyn ross. at minimum, it would help calm down the "doctson" critics

Dotson is going to do that himself, just like Wentz.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Really digging Drew White from ND.  Remember JOK.  Read this and watch the film

Drew White, there is something about this him. Way too early but I think he fills a need like BN/hybrid/S or ST. I really think he shines. He's quick and he has a nose for the ball. More on White. This article was from May of 2021:

slapthesign.com/2021/05/24/notre-dame-football-drew-white-will-2022-nfl-draft-pick/

"On defense, there is veteran talent on all three levels, including at linebacker, which is the specialty for new defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman. The man in the middle of the linebacker group is Drew White, an exciting player who will play his way to being a draft pick next April."

"Notre Dame Football has a star in Drew White
During the 2020 college football season, fellow linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah got most of the national attention, becoming an All-American, and helping the Irish to an undefeated regular season. However, even JOK will tell you what an incredible player White is, and in 2021, he takes over as the face of the linebacker group."

Sometimes i simply do not get it, how does this guy not get drafted!!

9 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Welcome.  Do us proud son.  Beat the Cowboys two times a year.

• Like 1

Just watched Drew White. I haven't watched all these guys yet but so far I think he has the best chance to stick from day 1. He played both true MIKE and ILB. He seemed to be off the field in true nickel situations. He doesn't do anything that really stands out as "wow". But he is steady. He's not fast, he doesn't block destruct well, he gets displaced by tight ends. But he is forceful when he diagnoses a play and plays downhill. He is awkward as hell dropping into zones. 

That sounds more negative than it is all in all for the role he'd play. He won't be beneficial for us in any spot other than as a MIKE and perhaps specs. But there is value in his ability to play the true MIKE to back up Mayo to start and grow. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

I didnt even realize Panasiuk went undrafted. That is a good get in UDFA. He isnt a special athlete. But he is a pretty good football player. We have really concentrated on high character guys and leaders in UDFA this year. Almost all of these guys are either true Seniors or Red Shirt Seniors who showed leadership ability on their teams. I dont know how many will make it to the roster but if you want to change a culture these are the types of guys you need on your team. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Just watched Drew White. I haven't watched all these guys yet but so far I think he has the best chance to stick from day 1. He played both true MIKE and ILB. He seemed to be off the field in true nickel situations. He doesn't do anything that really stands out as "wow". But he is steady. He's not fast, he doesn't block destruct well, he gets displaced by tight ends. But he is forceful when he diagnoses a play and plays downhill. He is awkward as hell dropping into zones. 

That sounds more negative than it is all in all for the role he'd play. He won't be beneficial for us in any spot other than as a MIKE and perhaps specs. But there is value in his ability to play the true MIKE to back up Mayo to start and grow. 

When I first read his name and looked him up I was very meh on Drew White. Came in there today to ask you your thoughts on him after I actually watched some of his games. I like the pickup. He reminds me of Will Compton.

I would have rather had the guy who the Cowboys poached from us, but I'll take any LB we can get at this point.

Sounds like it's gonna be a huge free for all competition at LB this off-season unless we bring in a vet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK Mitch said:

Anyone know anything about Armani Rogers? Looks a beast 

He was a QB until after the season when he switched to TE. That is about all I know about him. I will add that Reyes is facing stiff odds to survive this offseason. I didnt really see him take the steps necessary to continue as a pro TE last year. Maybe he got better in the offseason. We will see. 

• Like 4

Watched some Curtis Hodges, 2 games.  It reaffirmed my draft crush for Rachaad White.  But as for Hodges, I really like him, I am surprised he went below the radar of the draft community.

He's a good blocker both as a pass protector and run blocker.  He can be a bit sloppy on that front, but he is a willing blocker and at times people mover.   He's not on John Fitzpatrick's level as far as 2nd level blocks but he's up there as one of the more fun watches of TEs who motor down the field.  He gets open especially up the middle/seam routes.  Sometimes quick screens where he motors for YAC.  He is fesity with the ball in his hands and you need mutliple guys to bring him down.  Good hands, too.  Tall with a great catch radius. 18.7 YPC.

Love that Logan Paulsen loves him, hoping the lack of passion part is wrong.  The irony is he plays with verve and oomph that if anything he comes off like a dude who plays with extra passion.  I don't think its crazy that he makes this roster. Will see.  

At least this conflicts with that

https://247sports.com/college/arizona-state/Article/ASU-football-Adam-Breneman-Curtis-Hodges-Jalin-Conyers-right-ends-Zak-Hill-Sun-Devils-Pac-12-162576406/

On Hodges’ development:

“I think his mentality has been really good. I think he’s got a great work ethic, a good demeanor to him right now. He’s a leader of the room and one of the leaders on offense. He does a really good job with the younger guys and holding everyone accountable and just the way he carries himself every day the urgency he has at practice, it means something to him. He studies, he does his playbook, he’s been really good. He’s been a joy to coach. I’ve known him now for probably a little over a year and the progress he’s made from when I first met him to where he is now is incredible. It really is. It’s a testament to him. He’s got big goals in this game and now you can tell it means something to him every day. I’m excited to watch him play this season.”

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4