Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

And they will all be Teslas 😎 

In seriousness I hope their are. But if you have been following EVs for as long as I have have you will know the vast majority of announced EVs have never made it to market. 

You’re as delusional as your cult leader is.

While you can’t be sure of the new electric startups like Fisker, Lucid; etc…; all the legacy carmakers are making investments to switch their lineups to electric. As more electric options come on line ; buyers will flock to other automakers. Tesla won’t have a monopoly on the ev market and 5 years from Tesla will just be another ev company. Some will choose a Tesla but some will choose the other brands. 

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You’re as delusional as your cult leader is.

While you can’t be sure of the new electric startups like Fisker, Lucid; etc…; all the legacy carmakers are making investments to switch their lineups to electric. As more electric options come on line ; buyers will flock to other automakers. Tesla won’t have a monopoly on the ev market and 5 years from Tesla will just be another ev company. Some will choose a Tesla but some will choose the other brands. 

I wouldn’t bet money on it either way.

Charging infrastructure is going to be the biggest issue for legacy manufacturers. Tesla has such a head start that it’s going to major investments beyond the Electrify America for other makers. 

There is an interesting thread on the Reddit Cars subreddit. A guy goes into detail about using his Ioniq 5 on road-trips. He goes into a good bit of detail about the charging infrastructure and how good a job Tesla has done with location selection and keeping it simple with their app / car. 

• Like 1

Charging infrastructure is a advantage but I think that advantage will ultimately be temporary. Tesla has 5-10 years max on that. The EU has required them to open up their superchargers to other manufacturers cars, presumably Tesla will be able to choose those cars a premium to charge. 

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Charging infrastructure is a advantage but I think that advantage will ultimately be temporary. Tesla has 5-10 years max on that. The EU has required them to open up their superchargers to other manufacturers cars, presumably Tesla will be able to choose those cars a premium to charge. 

I think it may be more honestly. I’m no big Tesla fan, but they have locked in premium locations on major roadways. They also have it simple with the vertical integration of manufacturer and owning the charging. 

10 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I think it may be more honestly. I’m no big Tesla fan, but they have locked in premium locations on major roadways. They also have it simple with the vertical integration of manufacturer and owning the charging. 

I think regulators will force them to open up their charging network (especially California) like the EU has done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think regulators will force them to open up their charging network (especially California) like the EU has done.

Possibly, but I’m not sure. Either way it’s a major advantage, as it currently stands. 

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

No wonder Musk likes Trump and is a Republican now. They're both basically 5 year olds.

Twitter deal won't advance without addressing spam bots, Musk says

Twitter Chief Executive Parag Agrawal tweeted on Monday that internal estimates of spam accounts on the social media platform for the last four quarters were "well under 5%," responding to Musk's criticism of the company's handling of phony accounts.

Twitter's estimate, which has stayed the same since 2013, could not be reproduced externally given the need to use both public and private information to determine if an account is spam, Agrawal said.

Musk responded to Agrawal's defense of the methodology with a poop emoji.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why doesn’t Twitter publicly embarrass Musk and release the “proof” they have sent him?

I'm not a programmer or computer science person. But, I would assume releasing how you determine bots would show the people who make the bots how to avoid being caught. 

That seems like a bad idea and would lead even more bots. That would then give Musk a stronger case to try to cancel the purchase.

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I'm not a programmer or computer science person. But, I would assume releasing how you determine bots would show the people who make the bots how to avoid being caught. 

That seems like a bad idea and would lead even more bots. That would then give Musk a stronger case to try to cancel the purchase.

They don’t have to release the exact formula of how the determine bots.  Once it gets to court it will public record.

Why doesn’t Twitter publicly embarrass Musk and release the “proof” they have sent him?

Because it's probably based on very custom and heavy duty intellectual property covered ML algorithms. They're not going to release that, or even an overview of how it works, to the public. And the courts aren't going to make IP public record either, outside of maybe the name of the program.

Musk could probably sign an NDA and ask for this stuff in private, but he chose to do his regular thing and go about it like a child in public, because he's congenitally incapable of doing anything without making it some public spectacle or publicity stunt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It doesn’t seem to me like they are trying to close a deal.

Because they're not immediately jumping through every stupid hoop that 5 year old Elon is throwing out there to either troll them or just because he can't help himself?

It’s just one and it’s been about a month now…

It's a dog and pony show and Twitter knows it. If Musk was genuinely concerned about the bot issue and wanted to be assured that it was on the up and up then they could take care of all of this in private.

But instead he's out there making a spectacle of everything either because he can and just wants the attention or because he wants some way to gain more control of the deal or to give himself an "out" if he needs it.

You don't give a little child a lollipop whenever they cry for one after behaving badly. Same thing here.

• Thumb down 1

I find it interesting how some people evaluate these actions and childish 

and some evaluate them as boss like

Which group do you think thought trump running for president was a good idea?

Probably lots of conclusions to draw about such a difference. 

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

I find it interesting how some people evaluate these actions and childish 

and some evaluate them as boss like

Which group do you think thought trump running for president was a good idea?

Probably lots of conclusions to draw about such a difference. 

He isn’t running for president. He is buying a company with his own money and money from other investors. This is capitalism, it’s his it works.  

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He’s not a child though, he is the boss rolling in with the big bucks, telling the ****roach how it’s going to be.

Aaaand you just go right back to Musk slurping nonsense posts like this.

If he's not a child he should stop acting like one.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He isn’t running for president. He is buying a company with his own money and money from other investors. This is capitalism, it’s his it works.  

I think you misread his post.