Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

A scientist is someone who works in a science field as their profession.  

Having a degree in something is not relevant.

I have a degree in economics.  I am not an economist.  Every weekday, I wake up and go practice law and get paid for it.  That makes me a lawyer.  I have many acquaintances with a law degree.  The ones that do not practice law for a living are not lawyers (even if they refer to themselves as such).  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

A scientist is someone who works in a science field as their profession.  

Having a degree in something is not relevant.

I have a degree in economics.  I am not an economist.  Every weekday, I wake up and go practice law and get paid for it.  That makes me a lawyer.  I have many acquaintances with a law degree.  The ones that do not practice law for a living are not lawyers (even if they refer to themselves as such).  

I kinda agree but don’t. 

personally to me anyone who actually does real science has a PHD or a combination of experience.

I work in biotech, but I don’t consider myself a scientist even tho I do work in the analytical science part. We have actual positions titled Scientist, but usually require master/PHD or a 8-12 years of experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Experience in research related stuff,  correct?

Yep. Industrial or academic. 

my boss only has a B.S. but dude is brilliant. I would consider him a scientist. He got accepted to Stanford for grad school but never went. His title is technical manager tho. 

Also, I don’t think it is a good look for someone who categorized inflation as “transitory” and was the only one in the room bewildered about the effects of shutting down a major plant tasked with producing infant formula to brush off forecasts of recession.

But, that’s just me.

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Also, I don’t think it is a good look for someone who categorized inflation as “transitory” and was the only one in the room bewildered about the effects of shutting down a major plant tasked with producing infant formula to brush off forecasts of recession.

But, that’s just me.

The major baby formula plant had poisoned multiple children, but sure, it’s Biden’s fault it had to be shut down, not bad corporate actors cutting corners (and poisoning ****ing babies to save a buck). /jerk off emoji. 

Shall we recount the “not good looks” of Elon Musk?

I guess we could start with him and the Berlin sex club, 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

@Jabbyrwock, what say you? Are we all scientists?

Of course.  In the same way, by the strict definition, we are all artists:

art·ist
/ˈärdəst/
a person who produces paintings or drawings as a profession or hobby.

Banksy better watch out...I've been watchin' Bob Ross and I've got a happy little tree on a hair trigger!

The appropriate argument is probably better posed around who does what professionally: i.e. is someone an professional research scientist...or just an armchair scientist.
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Manet, Monet, Rembrandt, Picasso, Van Gogh, Dali. Pfft all lightweights compared to the greatness that was Bob Ross. Did Botticelli have his own TV show? Methinks not.

You, sir, are clearly a man of refinement and taste.

1496709271_giphy(12).gif.14ce2afd7619376c3f6a2559e21aad04.gif

• Thanks 1

Car & Driver: Every Electric Vehicle That's Expected in the Next Five Years 

Tesla which has 2 vehicles on that list; isn't the only company releasing EVs.  Elan knows the company's competition is about to increase and while he'll likely keep most of his current customer base; he's going to find it tougher to get newer customers when the EV options will be plenty.

21 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Car & Driver: Every Electric Vehicle That's Expected in the Next Five Years 

Tesla which has 2 vehicles on that list; isn't the only company releasing EVs.  Elan knows the company's competition is about to increase and while he'll likely keep most of his current customer base; he's going to find it tougher to get newer customers when the EV options will be plenty.

Five years ago people were saying the same thing. 

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Gonna take a wild guess and say there's more EVs on the road in 2027 than 2022.

And they will all be Teslas 😎 

In seriousness I hope their are. But if you have been following EVs for as long as I have have you will know the vast majority of announced EVs have never made it to market. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84