Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

35 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

You would know better than I do...but from a few miles away, it just feels like the team is a year or two ahead of schedule. We shall see! 

Rizzo has done a very good job rebuilding this team in a short time. The Soto trade was painful but wholly necessary--and jumpstarted this effort. I think the biggest thing he did was go hire personnel directors from teams that draft and develop very well: Brad Ciolek from the O's, Danny Haas from Arizona, and Reed Dunn from the Braves. We'll see how it goes, but it's looking very good so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I really thought Cano had earned a shot at closer, but he was used as a setup/bailout. So last chance for Kimbrel?

Kimbrel is getting the back of the basebal card treatment. 

Then he gives up a dong as a wrote that. 

3-2. One more out to get. C’mon, man. 

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Cut Kimbrel tomorrow. He is worthless.

Completely agree. Without a doubt closer is the weakest link on this team right now. At this point in Kimbrell's career, I don't see him fixing this.

• Thanks 1

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40122059/orioles-owner-fills-guest-splasher-team-quickly-scores-twice

BALTIMORE -- New Orioles owner David Rubenstein turned out to be quite a rally starter at Camden Yards.

Rubenstein made a guest appearance Friday night in the "Splash Zone" in left field, where fans are sprayed with a hose in celebration after big plays. Rubenstein was put in charge of the spraying in the bottom of the second inning against Arizona, and the Orioles immediately scored two runs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Fun to watch and hard to beat.

The much maligned bullpen really clutched up today. Kimbrel came up big after the offense blew it in the 9th. 

And the Yanks lose. 

• Like 1

That 6th inning was brutal. How do you allow 6 runs to score in an inning after two outs and only a single runner on, 

Urias certainly isn't helping his case for staying on this team.  Might as well have Holliday back up here.

Well at least we took 2 of 3.