Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

This team has tremendous chemistry going. 

Our birds lack a true Ace. They lack (for the moment) that fear of God MOO bat that other teams have to plan around.

But they make up a lot of that with ballplayers. Wether it’s Santander having a 16 pitch AB or Mateo turning a single into a double and then stealing 3rd or Mullins chasing one down in the gap or Urias playing gold glove defense at 3 positions. Ballplayers. 

—— 

Only complaint last night is the pen outside of the big 4 of Baumann, Baker, Cano and Bautista. 

Coulombie gives the lead right back and Voth pitches the game into a save situation. Bah. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Our birds lack a true Ace. They lack (for the moment) that fear of God MOO bat that other teams have to plan around.

But they make up a lot of that with ballplayers. Wether it’s Santander having a 16 pitch AB or Mateo turning a single into a double and then stealing 3rd or Mullins chasing one down in the gap or Urias playing gold glove defense at 3 positions. Ballplayers. 

—— 

Only complaint last night is the pen outside of the big 4 of Baumann, Baker, Cano and Bautista. 

Coulombie gives the lead right back and Voth pitches the game into a save situation. Bah. 

Well the relief pitching was good enough to win, and its not like they got totally rocked.   I think most teams would kill to have a bullpen as good as ours.   Once you get past most teams top three or four relievers, you have a couple of replacement-type, 4-5 ERA players at best.  So they're gonna give up runs occasionally.

Also Givens and Tate should be back soon.

Another win tonight, Tyler Wells went 7 with only 1 hit allowed along with 8 Ks, but was saved in the 7th by Santander grabbing what looked like a 3-run homerun after walking two batters.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

9 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Well the relief pitching was good enough to win, and its not like they got totally rocked.   I think most teams would kill to have a bullpen as good as ours.   Once you get past most teams top three or four relievers, you have a couple of replacement-type, 4-5 ERA players at best.  So they're gonna give up runs occasionally.

Also Givens and Tate should be back soon.

Yea was was just ****ing about having to use Bautista in the first place. And with him pitching yesterday, he’s not going to pitch today. He’s available today if Voth had taken care of business. It happens though. All these guys are going to have bad outings… even Cano… I think… lol.

That’s a “contending team” problem that we’re not used to thinking about! 

And Givens and Tate will have the luxury of not having to throw high leverage innings right away, but can be depended on when 2 or so of the big 4 are a no go.  Having a pitcher come out in the 6th who is more than capable of taking the 8th is niiiiiice. 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:04 AM, TheDoyler23 said:

—— 

I believe Mountcastle can be the MOO bat the pitchers will need to fear! That will give Santander mope opportunities. 

11 hours ago, Maxito said:

I believe Mountcastle can be the MOO bat the pitchers will need to fear! That will give Santander mope opportunities. 

I see him as more of a 7hole "aw **** that guy can put one out at any time" dude. He just doesn't get on base enough to carry the MOO. Maybe Hunderson will be that guy as he evolves a bit. 

Nice rally. Trailing 5-2 , a 3 run homer by O'Hearn in the 8th and then two shutdown innings by Cano and Bautista to get to extras.  Bottom of the 9th I was convinced we were done when Kiermaier got to second with no outs and Springer, Bichette and Guerrero were up, but Bautista shut them down with a short flyout and 2 Ks.   Then some small ball in the 10th and we're up 6-5.  Bautista strikes out the side  which gave him 5 Ks in two innings.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Its good we won that because our bullpen is used up.  Baker, Cano and Bautista should be on a day of rest.  So tomorrow would need a very strong start from Kremer.  And we face former Oriole Kevin Gaussman

Speaking of which, are these guys like cousins or something?

Kremer

38295.png&w=350&h=254

Gaussman

32667.png&w=350&h=254

Edited by DCSaints_fan