Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Because Howell is a better QB. And the entire league knows it. 

Except Bram.  Bram is stuck on him being the future of the position. 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF guy 

My question would be, who’s feeding him this info.  In this case, it could actually be the Vikings trying to show they’re doing everything they can to get a QB who’s not named Darnold now that Kirk left.  

• Haha 2

All the TV guys (Orlovsky and co) talked about how they would trade a first for Fields if they were a team needing a QB. Some even suggested we should rather trade for Fields than take a QB this year.

So maybe we should take their judgement on QB prospects also with a grain of salt. They seem to be completely detached from league reality.

• Like 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Daniels vs. Missouri

1) First throw of the game. 3rd and 5. Daniels misses the same hash 7 yard out by 2 yards.
2) Throw 2. 1st and 10. 8 minutes left 1st quarter. Daniels misses same hash 10 yard out by 2 yards. Holding on the play
3) Next play he rips off a beautiful 19 yard run. First quarter half over and he doesnt have a completion yet. 
4) 2nd and 1. He runs for no gain while falling down awkwardly. 
5) 1st and goal from the 1. Tush push no score.
6) 2nd and goal from the 1. Tush push no score. RB runs it in on 3rd down. Still no completion in the game. 
7) 1st and 10 from his own 20. 53 seconds left in the 1st quarter. Daniels single reads. Try's to run and gets sacked. 3 yard loss.
😎 2nd and 13. hands off for 7 yard gain. End of the quarter. Daniels does not have a single completion in it. 
9) 3rd and 6 false start. 3rd and 11. He gets his first completion for 10 yards to a TE after nice pocket movement. Punt.
10) 1st and ten. LSU is down 22-7 at this point. Cpmpletion for 9 yards. Nice throw in the middle of the field on a slow roll right.  
11) 2nd and 1. He keeps it on the option and gets destroyed for a 1 yard loss.
12) 3rd and 1 handoff for the first. 9 minutes left in the half and Daniels has TWO completions in the game. 
13) 2nd and 7. Beautiful little shuffle to the left and throws a dart in the middle of the field for 12. Best pass of the game.
14) Next play 1st and 10. runs right for 6 yards and gets obliterated by Rakestraw.Crushed. Next play is a run for 15 yards.
15) 3rd and 6. Daniels runs left for 4 yards. 4th and 2. Holding on a run. FG. Daniels has FOUR completions with 5 minutes left in the half.
16) LSU gets a Pick. 1st and 10 from Mizzou 45. handoff for 8. 
17) 2nd and 2 Daniels runs left and gets completely destroyed by 3 guys. Holding and it comes back. 
18) 2nd and 12. Handoff for 30 yards.

I am not even going to watch anymore of this game. Daniels has FOUR completions with under 4 minutes left in the half. He has been completely destroyed while running numerous times. His rb's are carrying them. And they are down 22-10 at this point. I have seen nothing special AT ALL here. 

So you pick to stop watching right before LSU scores 39 points in the second half, odd time to stop

• Haha 2

Just now, Panninho said:

All the TV guys (Orlovsky and co) talked about how they would trade a first for Fields if they were a team needing a QB. Some even suggested we should rather trade for Fields than take a QB this year.

So maybe we should take their judgement on QB prospects also with a grain of salt. They seem to be completely detached from league reality.

Thats why their on tv

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Because Howell is a better QB. And the entire league knows it. 

The market doesn’t lie. You are worth what they pay you and what they give up to acquire you. Nothing more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Yeah Kiper also said months ago that he thought Fields could bring a 1st rounder.

The draft media is about as accurate as name that random fsn. Heck I recall most of the draft media saying the Panthers ripped the Jets off in the Darnold trade 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

So you pick to stop watching right before LSU scores 39 points in the second half, odd time to stop

Odd time? I just wasted an hour and half of my time watching one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. LITERALLY. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Daniels vs. Missouri

1) First throw of the game. 3rd and 5. Daniels misses the same hash 7 yard out by 2 yards.
2) Throw 2. 1st and 10. 8 minutes left 1st quarter. Daniels misses same hash 10 yard out by 2 yards. Holding on the play
3) Next play he rips off a beautiful 19 yard run. First quarter half over and he doesnt have a completion yet. 
4) 2nd and 1. He runs for no gain while falling down awkwardly. 
5) 1st and goal from the 1. Tush push no score.
6) 2nd and goal from the 1. Tush push no score. RB runs it in on 3rd down. Still no completion in the game. 
7) 1st and 10 from his own 20. 53 seconds left in the 1st quarter. Daniels single reads. Try's to run and gets sacked. 3 yard loss.
😎 2nd and 13. hands off for 7 yard gain. End of the quarter. Daniels does not have a single completion in it. 
9) 3rd and 6 false start. 3rd and 11. He gets his first completion for 10 yards to a TE after nice pocket movement. Punt.
10) 1st and ten. LSU is down 22-7 at this point. Cpmpletion for 9 yards. Nice throw in the middle of the field on a slow roll right.  
11) 2nd and 1. He keeps it on the option and gets destroyed for a 1 yard loss.
12) 3rd and 1 handoff for the first. 9 minutes left in the half and Daniels has TWO completions in the game. 
13) 2nd and 7. Beautiful little shuffle to the left and throws a dart in the middle of the field for 12. Best pass of the game.
14) Next play 1st and 10. runs right for 6 yards and gets obliterated by Rakestraw.Crushed. Next play is a run for 15 yards.
15) 3rd and 6. Daniels runs left for 4 yards. 4th and 2. Holding on a run. FG. Daniels has FOUR completions with 5 minutes left in the half.
16) LSU gets a Pick. 1st and 10 from Mizzou 45. handoff for 8. 
17) 2nd and 2 Daniels runs left and gets completely destroyed by 3 guys. Holding and it comes back. 
18) 2nd and 12. Handoff for 30 yards.

I am not even going to watch anymore of this game. Daniels has FOUR completions with under 4 minutes left in the half. He has been completely destroyed while running numerous times. His rb's are carrying them. And they are down 22-10 at this point. I have seen nothing special AT ALL here. 

You should watch the second half. I saw a lot good things in the first 2 drives second half. The run games works because of him. The ends can’t crash down because they have to respect the keep. Every quarterback in this draft had a bad half or few. Williams Notre Dame, Maye Clemson, Penix Michigan. 

You know what Patrick Mahomes sucks. He through for 70 yards second half against Ravens AFC championship game with 0 touchdowns.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah Kiper also said months ago that he thought Fields could bring a 1st rounder.

Not just a first rounder. Number 8 from Atlanta was what he though Fields value was. Bwahahahahaha!

3 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

You should watch the second half. I saw a lot good things in the first 2 drives second half. The run games works because of him. The ends can’t crash down because they have to respect the keep. Every quarterback in this draft had a bad half or few. Williams Notre Dame, Maye Clemson, Penix Michigan. 

Maybe I will later. I get frustrated with watching film when it is so poor. I'll do it later and post a PBP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Odd time? I just wasted an hour and half of my time watching one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. LITERALLY. 

Yes an odd time, you know the final score, you know the stat line of the game, and then you cherry-pick the plays you want not even using the entirety of the game. Meanwhile in that first half, he made a couple of nice throws, didn’t turn the ball over, made a couple of nice runs and put up 10 points while his D allowed score after score while also allowing Mizzuo to rack up time of possession, u said he only had 4 completions, while not acknowledging his lack of attempts. He missed 5 throws all game and 2 or 3 were definitely drops. So to call this one of the worst qb performances you’ve ever seen “literally” must mean you haven’t seen to many qb performances 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The draft media is about as accurate as name that random fsn. Heck I recall most of the draft media saying the Panthers ripped the Jets off in the Darnold trade 

image.gif.5d2ac080152a9f35b5d6824f93e89a53.gif

(and have been saying since… the Nixon administration?  Granted.  I wasn’t alive)

** That quote, “since the Nixon administration, which I borrow and change from time to time with a newer president, is from the absolutely phenomenal show Cheers.  Norm walked into the bar, saw a guy sitting in his seat.  And he said, “I’m sorry, you’re sitting in your my seat.”

The guy said, “Oh, excuse me. You were just sitting here?”

And Norm Said “Oh.  I meant yesterday.  And the day before.  And basically every day since the Nixon administration.  

Brilliant show.  

And yeah, it came out when I was 5 so I saw it in syndication when I was older.  Back in 1982, the Nixon administration was much closer to when they filmed it than when I saw it.  

12 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

You know what Patrick Mahomes sucks. He through for 70 yards second half against Ravens AFC championship game with 0 touchdowns.

Just watched the first half of that Missouri game again. What a weird stretch for the LSU OC, 25 runs, 8 passes. Unfortunately, it was a completely normal half for the LSU defense, I want somebody to pay me for watching that crap, they're horrible. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Shouldn’t that be a Bo Nix photo?

I wish it was. But us getting Caleb was a pipe dream anyways. At least we know where we are now. It's Maye or Daniels. Thats it. End of story. 

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

Just watched the first half of that Missouri game again. What a weird stretch for the LSU OC, 25 runs, 8 passes. Unfortunately, it was a completely normal half for the LSU defense, I want somebody to pay me for watching that crap, they're horrible. 

That lsu d was awful, it’s truly amazing that they only finished with 3 losses, Jayden put that team on his back all year. Now with the news of fields going to Pit, I’m thinking Jayden will be the guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bag of Doritos?

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I wish it was. But us getting Caleb was a pipe dream anyways. At least we know where we are now. It's Maye or Daniels. Thats it. End of story. 

I’d love to have Caleb but it always felt to me as pure wishcasting versus reality 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2