Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jaylen needs to be disqualified from our board. Dude is a bust. The others are likely busts too but Jaylen is 100% a bust. Can’t even stand on a scale? Just pathetic. That’s next level coward antics. Started 5 years of college ball at two schools with advanced sports science, weight training  and nutrition programs. He has had this date checked on the calendar for months but can’t even muster the courage to get weighed. 

Old Man Yells GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No. There are massive questions about your weight and you show up and refuse to weigh in. Indianapolis is 700 feet above sea level. Baton Rouge is 60 feet above sea level.  The difference would be a small fraction of an ounce so negligible it would not be statistically significant on the scale. 

Not passing is understandable. He wants to showcase with his own guys and control the environment. Not weighing in is absolutely unacceptable. How did he do medicals without height and weight? 

The guy is obviously a complete fraud and doesn’t deserve any consideration as the 2nd pick. 

I tend to agree, I get the big 3 not wanting to throw or/and run, I think they are being told by their reps (whom ever they are) and they don’t want to give any leverage to the other 2 but not weighing in takes it too another level imho… for me where does the insanity stop… 1st it was/is players don’t play in Bowl games, now it’s they don’t perform at the Combine, and now we don’t weigh in… what’s next are they going to ai themselves in attendance at the future Combines and just stand there while they actually aren’t tjere? It’s going insane at the level of selfishness and the attempt to control everything… have belief in yourself, if you’re good then let it shine as many times as you can… we all know you can’t always be at your best…sometimes failure can work for your good… you get back up and do it again

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 2

I want and expect us to draft Maye, but all the yammering about Daniels has me hoping he weighs in at 215 on a scale calibrated and presented in person by SoCalSkins specifically for his use, and then runs a barechested, totally ripped, laser-timed 4.4 40. 😋

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I tend to agree, I get the big 3 not wanting to throw or/and run, I think they are being told by their reps (whom ever they are) and they don’t want to give any leverage to the other 2 but not weighing in takes it too another level imho… for me where does the insanity stop… 1st it was/is players don’t play in Bowl games, now it’s they don’t perform at the Combine, and now we don’t weigh in… what’s next are they going to ai themselves in attendance at the future Combines and just stand there …

There is tape of game play. The height and weight listed by the programs are usually aspirations and not reality. To refuse to submit to a tangible objective scientific measurement as simple as weight and height is beyond a red flag. To announce the refusal after his interviews and media session is equally a huge red flag. Own it and answer for it if there is a reasonable explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is tape of game play. The height and weight listed by the programs are usually aspirations and not reality. To refuse to submit to a tangible objective scientific measurement as simple as weight and height is beyond a red flag. To announce the refusal after his interviews and media session is equally a huge red flag. Own it and answer for it if there is a reasonable explanation. 

Totally agreed… specially the own it and answer for it statement…. My fear today is these athletes are doing everything they can to present perfection… somewhere we’ve got lost to dignity imho to admit just who we are, sometimes I wonder if it’s a social media effect… they don’t want to throw, run and now in Daniels case weigh in cause they don’t want to be seen in the Social Media world as having defects or not being perfect… maybe I’m just diving to deep into this but I see a huge red flag over all this 

• Like 2

Between the combine and pro day I thought JD was gonna use the two separate events to "flub the numbers" a bit. Weight a lil more at the combine then shed it before the pro day. Clearly that wont happen.

Sucks that he didn't get measured, and as others have pointed out you can't exactly weight as much as you can and run as fast a 40 time as you can. Ether something has got to get sacrificed or he has to show something weight:athletic ratio wise that he has yet to show, and I don't bet on things like the latter.

Kinda weird that Nabers didn't measure either, like they are covering each other.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

I want and expect us to draft Maye, but all the yammering about Daniels has me hoping he weighs in at 215 on a scale calibrated and presented in person by SoCalSkins specifically for his use, and then runs a barechested, totally ripped, laser-timed 4.4 40. 😋

I haven't changed my position but in the last two weeks I have developed increased belief in Daniels merit as a #2 choice.

I've also slid backwards a tad, but just a tad, on Williams as a #1.

That's just because I've moved a little bit into the "concerned about potential head case issues" camp. But ya still gotta have him there.

It's a little harder for me now to be dismissive of what I've seen though I can defend him on some of it.

I'm someone who, for understandable reasons, pays attention to someone's cognitive/behavioral stuffs. 😛

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I tend to agree, I get the big 3 not wanting to throw or/and run, I think they are being told by their reps (whom ever they are) and they don’t want to give any leverage to the other 2 but not weighing in takes it too another level imho… for me where does the insanity stop… 1st it was/is players don’t play in Bowl games, now it’s they don’t perform at the Combine, and now we don’t weigh in… what’s next are they going to ai themselves in attendance at the future Combines and just stand there while they actually aren’t tjere? It’s going insane at the level of selfishness and the attempt to control everything… have belief in yourself, if you’re good then let it shine as many times as you can… we all know you can’t always be at your best…sometimes failure can work for your good… you get back up and do it again

This is a business and each of these guys have been preparing for the combine for years. They all want to limit questionable info and promote the best. I didn't understand why Caleb decline the medical part but I'm okay with his response of only certain teams getting to examine him. I'm not sure what Jayen's rational is but I'm sure there's a justification. There is a significant difference in the rookie scale from the top 5 to the teens, so money is on the line. No one can predict how a "failure" will affect you.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

These lies and claims included:

Man. Is there anything the guy hasnt lied about? Stolen valor has no excuses as far as I am concerned. **** that guy.

30 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

LSU lets you wear your backpack when you weigh on their scales. Daniels has already picked his out for his pro day.

webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

JJ McCarthy on the field, hanging out on sideline with Giants QB coach while field gets sets up for drills. Interesting.

Jim Harbaugh in stands with his mini-me son, cute.

WRs doing 40, jumping etc while field gets set up.

They say JJ not running but will throw, we might have already known that, can't remember.

Kind of fun seeing familiar names on new faces... Frank Gore Jr., Luke McCaffrey etc. .... and also makes me feel old dammit.

QBs actually on field, warming up now. 

First group of QBs/WRs doing 40. Sam Hartman measured 6'1" and 211, runs 4.8. Meh. Reporters say Hartman is channeling Fabio with long, styled hair lol. He's red-faced and clearly not happy with his time(s).

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 4

You could tell in the interview processes yesterday that JJ had put on some weight, he just looked big. I wouldn’t be to concerned about Jayden as well, he looked bigger than normal as well. Both made Caleb look really small in comparison, and I’m not just talking about height. 

Stll though there isn’t a certain prototype for QBs any more. There are big guys now that excel, shorter guys that do just as well, thinner more mobile guys that do well, and guys that are jacked physical specimens that do just as well. The only one we’ve really never seen excel at QB is a real big fat guy. We had our chance with the hefty lefty from Kentucky, but those days are probably past us now.

Luckily for us, you can still see a big old fat guy take the mound on a baseball diamond, and possibly be the face of a MLB team, sadly the fatties will never get the same chance in the NFL

Edited by mac8887

4 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

You could tell in the interview processes yesterday that JJ had put on some weight, he just looked big. I wouldn’t be to concerned about Jayden as well, he looked bigger than normal as well. Both made Caleb look really small in comparison, and I’m not just talking about height. 

Stll though there isn’t a certain prototype for QBs any more. There are big guys now that excel, shorter guys that do just as well, thinner more mobile guys that do well, and guys that are jacked physical specimens that do just as well. The only one we’ve really never seen excel at QB is a real big fat guy. We had our chance with the hefty lefty from Kentucky, but those days are probably past us now.

Luckily for us, you can still see a big old fat guy take the mound on a baseball diamond, and possibly be the face of a MLB team, sadly the fatties will never get the same chance in the NFL

Big Ben checked off that box. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not really. Pretty much Brees. Thats it. 

Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Doug flutie, frank tarketan, Sonny Jurgesan, Mike Vick, there has been plenty both past and present

3 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Big Ben checked off that box. 

Big Ben was a big guy but I’m talking about a David wells type, or a Cc sabathia type frame, a big old fat guy. How fun would it be, and it would give hope to all the big fat guys around the country

Edited by mac8887
  • Haha 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Doug flutie, frank tarketan, Sonny Jurgesan, Mike Vick, there has been plenty both past and present

All of the shorter guys except for Brees and Steve Young, if you want to count Young as short at 6 foot, basically had to rely on their legs to get them into position to throw the ball or their legs to get yards.  

And I hate to compare eras like Sonny/Fluttie to now.  Rhe game is entirely different.  

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

In the future, just quote Rap and not this moron.

image.gif.0644eb8e50e7ee3a4e7219d07bf8abff.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Wilson is the only one to win a Super Bowl other than Brees. Sonny did win a championship though. 

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Every single QB opted out of running the 40 besides Hartman 

Why even have a combine? This is getting dumb. I even recorded it to watch them run. Unacceptable for my football fix this afternoon. 😤 

• Haha 1