Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No, no, no.  I thought you might respond back like this and was waiting and noticed this :ols:. What does my signature say?  I am completely down on Maye and have made that known

It's not so much about Maye.  My trigger is when someone says its a tough call as to trading down.  That's my trigger trading down.  As to the Maye-Daniels drill -- don't care too much as to who likes whom but IMHO the fawning over Daniels got a bit too much for me and some others.  It wasn't the same level for Maye, not the same level of fawning.   And this is coming from a dude who helped start the Daniels mania on the thread months back and whined about the pushback I got for it.  :ols:

But in short, I think Maye would be a great get at #2.  I'd be happy if they took Daniels, too.  But trading down I feel squeamish about unless they are smitten by McCarthy.  I am not smitten by McCarthy mysellf but I have enough intrigue about him, that while I wouldn't like the move, I wouldn't jump off a bridge either if they did it.  But I am not expecting that happens.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You get the “raising the bar on intelligence of the board award” of the day with your use of this word.

There is a great West Wing episode centered around it.  In fact I think the name of the episode is shibboleth. 

It's also a CAPTCHA service provider, which is how I was introduced to it :)

Reading up on Alex Van Pelt's work with Aaron Rodgers and his philosophies about QB play - does anyone know with these QBs if they are left foot back or right foot back in their pre-snap stance? Its a specific thing but he's pretty adamant about it (he had Aaron change his so I'm curious)

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Jetskins back in the day

That’s a blast from the past. Steve Spurrier flash backs …

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Reading up on Alex Van Pelt's work with Aaron Rodgers and his philosophies about QB play - does anyone know with these QBs if they are left foot back or right foot back in their pre-snap stance? Its a specific thing but he's pretty adamant about it (he had Aaron change his so I'm curious)

He’s a left foot forward guy. He believes it helps time footwork to route concepts.

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That’s a blast from the past. Steve Spurrier flash backs …

He’s a left foot forward guy. He believes it helps time footwork to route concepts.

I meant the QBs in this draft, whether they are left or right foot forward. I was just reading some of his interviews about it but honestly never paid too much attention to it when it came to these draft QBs. Brady and Rodgers were both left foot forward guys. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Bit of a letdown. The very first pass though accurate was a wobbly duck. Another was an up for grabs floater while he was being hit that Josh Downs made a great play on. Hard to believe either would rank as one of his top five throws.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

Bit of a letdown. The very first pass though accurate was a wobbly duck. Another was an up for grabs floater while he was being hit that Josh Downs made a great play on. Hard to believe either would rank as one of his top five throws.

You in the Daniel's or William's camp? 

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I meant the QBs in this draft, whether they are left or right foot forward. I was just reading some of his interviews about it but honestly never paid too much attention to it when it came to these draft QBs. Brady and Rodgers were both left foot forward guys. 

Pretty sure Maye is right foot forward. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

You in the Daniel's or William's camp? 

I’m still deciding 😁 and enjoying all the bickering back-and-forth. Appreciate this, and all the videos you and others are posting! I am leaning May, but those can’t be his best 5 throws.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody took Howell for almost five whole rounds. The fact that we had him graded higher is actually a negative, not a positive. 

He was running for his life, sure, but a lot of the sacks were on him. As were the high interceptions and general erratic-ness of his play. The league got it right.

He's a fine developmental QB, and if he were drafted to a team with better circumstances maybe one day he'd be a solid starter, but he is not a blue chip build your franchise around kind of guy, and it'd be foolish to try that when we can get a blue chip build your franchise around kind of guy.

And nobody took Purdy as well until the end until San Fran did so. Guess he must have been really bad too lol

Was the league right on Ridder?

Only two QB from that draft class did more. Purdy on a loaded team and Howell on a load-less team compared to other QBs from that year. 

I don't put a lot of weight on all these teams passed on a this player so he must be bad. Teams also passed on Mahomes. Turbiskey was picked 2nd overall and now he is just a backup while Mahomes from same draft class has multiple SB rings. 

I am not saying don't pick a QB at #2. You asked why some are saying build instead. This is my response. Sure not a popular one apparently. But then again have you ever see me go along with the sheeps. ;) 

Btw, if you asked me to pick a QB from the 3 (since I don't have any other option) then my vote would be for Maye. 

Edited by zCommander

4 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I’m still deciding 😁 and enjoying all the bickering back-and-forth. Appreciate this, and all the videos you and others are posting! I am leaning May, but those can’t be his best 5 throws.

I didn't make the video just posted it here.  :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zCommander said:

And nobody took Purdy as well until the end until San Fran did so. Guess he must have been really bad too lol

Was the league right on Ridder?

Only two QB from that draft class did more. Purdy on a loaded team and Howell on a load-less team compared to other QBs from that year. 

I don't put a lot of weight on all these teams passed on a this player so he must be bad. Teams also passed on Mahomes. Turbiskey was picked 2nd overall and now he is just a backup while Mahomes from same draft class has multiple SB rings. 

I am not saying don't pick a QB at #2. You asked why some are saying build instead. This is my response. Sure not a popular one apparently. But then again have you ever see me go along with the sheeps. ;) 

Btw, if you asked me to pick a QB from the 3 (since I don't have any other option) then my vote would be for Maye. 

There are always exceptions. The fact is, Howell was valued by the league as around a 5th round pick at best(and who knows where he gets drafted if we don't take him in round 5). His level of play in his second year in the league(meaning half his rookie contract is already over with) justifies that draft status. You don't pass up on blue chip QB prospects that will net you a 4-5 year(5th year option for 1st round picks)window to contend because you have Sam Howell. Its just an awful strategy for team building.

17 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This seems like a stretch, but...

If he is willing to do away with air raid, it brings into question all the usual elements of his O design.

I can't be confident that we will do any one thing or another right now.

Dropping QB running would be a MASSIVE departure for several of the guys at the top of our offensive staff... but so was dropping air raid.

If the goal is to keep everybody in the dark, bravo.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I didn't make the video just posted it here.  :)

Of course. My apologies, meant no reflection on you personally. I appreciate all of the information you’ve been posting! This is a hugely important decision for our beloved franchise, so the more information the better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

Of course. My apologies, meant no reflection on you personally. I appreciate all of the information you’ve been posting! This is a hugely important decision for our beloved franchise, so the more information the better.

No apology needed.  I understand.  :) 

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If he is willing to do away with air raid, it brings into question all the usual elements of his O design.

I can't be confident that we will do any one thing or another right now.

Dropping QB running would be a MASSIVE departure for several of the guys at the top of our offensive staff... but so was dropping air raid.

If the goal is to keep everybody in the dark, bravo.

I know people are focused on the "Air Raid" comment Kingsbury made during his Q&A, but my take is that his comment was more of a defensive response than it was an indication of a complete change of offensive philosophy from him. 

My sense is he didn't want to get put in the box as strictly an "Air Raid" guy, especially given the negative connotation it seems to have with the media and fans.  But I would bet a lot of money we'll still see plenty of Air Raid concepts in his offense this year and beyond.  Much more so than we'll see WCO or Air Coryell concepts at least.  I'm sure it'll be a mix of a little of everything (including Spread), but I think it'll all be underpinned by Air Raid concepts.

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Oh, please do explain.  Are you not a Maye fan?  

Huge Maye fan. I'm worried he won't be at #2.

That video just wasn't impressive. Two of those passes are Ints in the NFL. Ones pretty basic and two were great.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Huge Maye fan. I'm worried he won't be at #2.

That video just wasn't impressive. Two of those passes are Ints in the NFL. Ones pretty basic and two were great.

Please post some that fit your taste.  I just happen to select a video that was produced, edited and put out on Google by  ACC Digital Network.  Please contact them if there are issues with it. Pardon me, Sir.  :) 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There are always exceptions. The fact is, Howell was valued by the league as around a 5th round pick at best(and who knows where he gets drafted if we don't take him in round 5). His level of play in his second year in the league(meaning half his rookie contract is already over with) justifies that draft status. You don't pass up on blue chip QB prospects that will net you a 4-5 year(5th year option for 1st round picks)window to contend because you have Sam Howell. Its just an awful strategy for team building.

And the same exceptions can be on this year's QB class too. Why are you so hung up on where he was selected though. With our OL and bad play calling doesn't justify anything but made us even more unsure. We never got a legit answer to Howell. This year was a curse and a blessing for Howell like I said before the season started. 

We shall now all hope that our next new shinny QB does wonders.