Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim on with Finlay. I was doing something else at the time so wasn’t fully concentrating but if I heard him right his prediction is next year the likely starting QB isn’t on the roster now with Heinicke and Howell coming back 

Its hard to imagine it being either of those. Probably again circles back the complete lack of options. Maybe the try for Tannehill if they go up the tank method in Nashville.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I dunno man, it’s hard enough for me to take moxie seriously on its own, much less when “cosmic level” is added to it.

I stand by my statement that this whole back and forth is incredibly sad.  

Z just waiting around like…

say something lol GIF by Shalita Grant

I didn't come up with it. Just rolling with it 😂

Moxie sounds good/cool 😊

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Its hard to imagine it being either of those. Probably again circles back the complete lack of options. Maybe the try for Tannehill if they go up the tank method in Nashville.

I feel the opposite. Could totally see Heinicke being back and Howell getting a shot to compete for the job while hopefully ownership has turned over and they are using 2023 to rebuild everything from the organizational foundations up. That's not starting by paying another starting QB. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I feel the opposite. Could totally see Heinicke being back and Howell getting a shot to compete for the job while hopefully ownership has turned over and they are using 2023 to rebuild everything from the organizational foundations up. That's not starting by paying another starting QB. 

A howell Taylor room says "Were tanking". Its the worst in the league. And of course Ron wont tank either in his last year which Im expecting to not happen. So congrats 2023 is another wasted season of primes and cheap contracts just to end up drafting in the middle of the first again in 2024. Just time waisting

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

A howell Taylor room says "Were tanking". Its the worst in the league. And of course Ron wont tank either in his last year which Im expecting to not happen. So congrats 2023 is another wasted season of primes and cheap contracts just to end up drafting in the middle of the first again in 2024. Just time waisting

You have no idea what Howell is in the NFL though. If we go with sam and taylor next year then the coaches have seen something in sam.

Are you saying we draft another or go with a vet other teams dont want?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I don't agree, It says "We're not going to throw money at the most important position when we don't know if our coach will be back, we don't have a OL who can protect, and we've just turned over our entire front office and they need install new everything to replace the Snyderverse." 

Howell went from a 1st rounder prospect to the 5th because a loss of offensive talent his final year at UNC, and Brown changing the system to have him run more. I can't think of a QB who will be available to overpay. I guess Geno Smith? Baker Mayfield? Jimmy G? Andy Dalton? The problem is going to solve itself after folks look at 2022 as the year of Wentz, Ryan, Wilson, Mariota, Trubkisky results.

Invest the offseason into keeping Payne, ILB and a lot into the OL. 

• Thanks 1

I just relistened to Keim's segment.  He thinks again Howell and Heinicke back but also a new veteran and that new veteran he's betting ends up the starter.

That seemed to be Keim purely guessing.  I take Keim seriously when he starts saying this is what he's hearing but we aren't there, yet.  He from what I recall was the only beat guy who mentioned last off season for example Wentz was on the table for them.

Part of the reason why I mention Carr from time to time.  And lol I see he has some haters on this thread, including one person thinking he's a backup, wow.  To each their own.  I like but don't love Carr.  But the main reason why i like to mention him is I know via Keim's podcasts last off season that this FO seemed very in on Carr but the Raiders didn't want to trade him.

Personally, i am open minded.  I am not for or against any theory, not married to any player or any specific means to make the upgrade -- all depends on the specific QB and the context behind it including what's the price whether draft pick(s) or salary.

I am ok with Howell if they think he has the goods.  Love Heinicke as a backup, if he's the starter in 2023 that is nauseating to me. 

Bottom line is I gather based on some posts I read some still think we are in the usual a mile off situation from being good, so who cares about mediocre QB play for next 2-3 years since a good QB won't matter.  I am not in that camp.  I used to be.  I think this roster can win now with a good QB. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

As someone who likes TH more than most, I think Mayfield is better.   If you told me this off-season we could get Mayfield for close to the same price as TH, I'd take Baker.

But I think Baker will probably get at least what Trubisky got last year...Probably more.

30 minutes ago, dunfer said:

You have no idea what Howell is in the NFL though. If we go with sam and taylor next year then the coaches have seen something in sam.

Are you saying we draft another or go with a vet other teams dont want?

He would be the first 5th rounder since 2010 to actually be anything. I listed a full listed a few pages back.

I don't think Howell can be a serious candidate to start next year unless he logs some playing time this year and shows something.

If he does not get the oppo to play this year, than anyone we bring in will far outway his cost and be a write-in for the QB job since the diff in acquisition capital would be so great. He would have to monumentally outperform the competition to have a shot at starting opening day over a vet who costs several Mil, unless there is an injury situation. 

I still think the play is re-structuring Wentz and then doing everything in your power to find an upgrade since a lower cost Carson does not prevent other moves at the QB position and can be done before FA. Best case scenario, you either find a bonafide unquestioned starting QB (like a Carr or a healthy Jimmy) or you can pick up a rookie w/ upside and Wentz becomes a clock ticking to midnight.

Worst case scenario, you bring in a Baker or Mariota level QB to compete w/ Wentz and have Howell waiting in the wings. There is no pathway where Wentz is essentially handed the job, those days are gone.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dunfer said:

if we got mayfield next year and kept Heini. Would the moxie be too dangerous for the marriages in the dc area?

Either the moxie would cancel each other out or there would be some atomic level moxiexplosion.

16 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

it'll rip a hole in the space time continuum which would allow us to go back in time and prevent Snyder from ever owning the team....and never experience the past 22 years of suckitude

Pay them both record setting deals. Let’s get this done.

• Like 1