Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Does he haunt you in your dreams if you mention him on this thread?  He's necessary to be brought up when people are peddling Jimmy G or Trubisky as potential fits...because they are not much better than him.  We need to really upgrade at the position, not negligibly upgrade.  

They are much better than him. They are legit NFL QBs. Heinike isn't. That's the whole point. 

Ron laughed out loud with the reporter when asked if he would start again. They laughed at him. At you. Let it go. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay dropped in his own segment before Standig went on that he knows the Commanders are interested in Watson if the legal stuff clears and he has heard mixed things about whether Watson would be willing to come here. 

Watson is probably going to go to the Steelers.  I agree that Wilson is staying in Seattle.  Rodgers is probably going to Denver.  

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Him being 30 makes him worth the 3 1rsts, even though I'd hate it too, but I do think it's the best outcome. Removes the need for a rookie, which the others don't.

It's not Heinicke hate. It's a hate towards you people that keep bringing him up. Stop mentioning him. 

Yeah I'm really torn on the 3 1sts for Carr thing. On one hand he's an obvious upgrade at the position and a borderline top 10 QB. But on the other...he's not IMO truly elite, though it's also hard to say how much of that is him and how much is where he's been playing and who he's been playing with.

If I'm giving up 3 1sts I'd be looking for one of the true upper echelon passers. Could Carr become that in a better organization and with a better supporting cast? If so, definitely worth all those picks. If not...probably not (though honestly, I still wouldn't pitch a fit if it happened...at least we'd be competitive again.)

As for Heinicke, yeah I don't get why everyone thinks people hate him. I don't hate him. I've never even met him. From most accounts he's a really good dude and teammate and I tend to believe that. He's just not a very good NFL QB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

They are much better than him. They are legit NFL QBs. Heinike isn't. That's the whole point. 

Ron laughed out loud with the reporter when asked if he would start again. They laughed at him. At you. Let it go. 

I don't care if he starts again.  I'd much rather he never start another game.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I don't care if he starts again.  I'd much rather he never start another game.  

Then don't bring him up in the thread about not having a starting QB, because we don't.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I'm really torn on the 3 1sts for Carr thing. On one hand he's an obvious upgrade at the position and a borderline top 10 QB. But on the other...he's not IMO truly elite, though it's also hard to say how much of that is him and how much is where he's been playing and who he's been playing with.

If I'm giving up 3 1sts I'd be looking for one of the true upper echelon passers. Could Carr become that in a better organization and with a better supporting cast? If so, definitely worth all those picks. If not...probably not (though honestly, I still wouldn't pitch a fit if it happened...at least we'd be competitive again.)

As for Heinicke, yeah I don't get why everyone thinks people hate him. I don't hate him. I've never even met him. From most accounts he's a really good dude and teammate and I tend to believe that. He's just not a very good NFL QB.

I think his situation has held him back, but who knows. He's not a putz who chokes like Kurt, but he has all the talent. If we spend 3 1s on Wilson or Rodgers, we will be right back here in 3 years, but after not having those players. Carr gets us closer to 8 years of great QB play and we can go from there.

• Like 2

I think we probably have the best package to get Watson. There Defensive line is as bad as it gets. They would want are 3 first rd and two of are dline men. I would think Sweat and Young. 

I dont know if it's worth it? He has to get cleared, we would have to ignore his history,we would have to convince him to play here, and it's alot for one player.

It would be us, phi, Car, Den, Tb, and Cle. The Texans would want are dline players. I think if we could convince him to come here we would have best package for texans. I think the FO would do it. Risk vs Reward be to much. Dan really can't get less popular and they already don't sell tickets.

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think we probably have the best package to get Watson. There Defensive line is as bad as it gets. They would want are 3 first rd and two of are dline men. I would think Sweat and Young. 

I dont know if it's worth it? He has to get cleared, we would have to ignore his history,we would have to convince him to play here, and it's alot for one player.

It would be us, phi, Car, Den, Tb, and Cle. The Texans would want are dline players. I think if we could convince him to come here we would have best package for texans. I think the FO would do it. Risk vs Reward be to much.

With Watson it all depends on 1) whether he's willing to add Philly or NYG to his short list and if so, 2) are they interested in him. If both of those conditions are met, we basically have no shot unless Philly and NYG try to super lowball. But barring that, there's almost zero chance we can compete with their multiple 1st round picks this draft that they could dangle.

Either way, IIRC there were multiple reports that we weren't on Watson's short list anyway and he wasn't interested in adding us. So it's probably moot. And that's probably a good thing because of the insane baggage he'd bring...not to mention the possibility of being suspended for an entire season on top of not having played in 2021.

So you could be spending 3 1st round picks (and probably more) and an enormous contract for a guy who may not be able to take a snap until 2023 and then it will be 2 years since he's even played the game so you have no clue if he's still the same guy as before.

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

It would be us, phi, Car, Den, Tb, and Cle. The Texans would want are dline players. I think if we could convince him to come here we would have best package for texans. I think the FO would do it. Risk vs Reward be to much.

Weve gotta stop trying to include Chase Young in these trades. I highly doubt he is included in any trade whatsoever. Hes off limits. Hes a 22 year old pass rusher who was just a DROY and is under team control for the next three years on the cheap. Chase is likely worth 2 #1s by himself even after the injury just off potential and price. Including both Sweat, Chase, plus three 1sts is the equivalent of giving up a total of 6 first round picks. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

With Watson it all depends on 1) whether he's willing to add Philly or NYG to his short list and if so, 2) are they interested in him. If both of those conditions are met, we basically have no shot unless Philly and NYG try to super lowball. But barring that, there's almost zero chance we can compete with their multiple 1st round picks this draft that they could dangle.

Either way, IIRC there were multiple reports that we weren't on Watson's short list anyway and he wasn't interested in adding us. So it's probably moot. And that's probably a good thing because of the insane baggage he'd bring...not to mention the possibility of being suspended for an entire season on top of not having played in 2021.

So you could be spending 3 1st round picks (and probably more) and an enormous contract for a guy who may not be able to take a snap until 2023 and then it will be 2 years since he's even played the game so you have no clue if he's still the same guy as before.

He has to get cleared criminally before anyone will trade for him. Also, he will probably be suspended.

I am not worried about Nyg they are in rebuild mode they will draft offensive linemen this year and take a Qb next year in the top 3. They will be really bad this year.

I think when they trade Watson it will be us, phl, and Car. I don't think Car got the picks. We can bet the Eagles with are dline offers. You can trade only 3 first round picks at a time. They have more picks we have more talented players to offer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Does he haunt you in your dreams if you mention him on this thread?  He's necessary to be brought up when people are peddling Jimmy G or Trubisky as potential fits...because they are not much better than him.  We need to really upgrade at the position, not negligibly upgrade.  

Define: much.

8 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Weve gotta stop trying to include Chase Young in these trades. I highly doubt he is included in any trade whatsoever. Hes off limits. Hes a 22 year old pass rusher who was just a DROY and is under team control for the next three years on the cheap. Chase is likely worth 2 #1s by himself even after the injury just off potential and price. Including both Sweat, Chase, plus three 1sts is the equivalent of giving up a total of 6 first round picks. 

I agree I can't figure out what else to offer. I don't know if I would make the trade. What else would you offer?  You do need to out do other teams, because if he is cleared criminally there will be alot of huge offers. I still don't know how comfortable I would be trading for him with his history.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I agree I can't figure out what else to offer. I don't know if I would make the trade. What else would you offer?  You do need to our do other teams, because if he is cleared criminally there will be alot of huge offers. I still don't know how comfortable I would be trading for him with his history.

Most likely you'd offer Payne and Sweat as both are due up for huge extensions. Chase is off limits because of his cost to us. If chase were due up for large extension right now it'd be one thing. But right now Chase has a cap hit of 9 and 10 million over next two years and then you have 5th year option. no way you're trading him.

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Most likely you'd offer Payne and Sweat as both are due up for huge extensions. Chase is off limits because of his cost to us. If chase were due up for large extension right now it'd be one thing. But right now Chase has a cap hit of 9 and 10 million over next two years and then you have 5th year option. no way you're trading him.

What if you can keep Sweat but the deal-breaker is  young. I figured they ask for young and Sweat. I imagine they will demand Young in the trade.

Edited by Redskins 2021

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What if you can keep Sweat but the deal-breaker is  young. I figured they ask for young and Sweat. I imagine they will demand Young in the trade.

Doesnt matter. Sweat is up for huge extension. So you tell them 3 1s sweat and payne. They wanna be picky fine good luck finding someone to meet your price. Then im keeping all three, my draft picks, and looking to the draft. 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Why stop at Wilson, go for the next Brady....if dreaming, dream big ;)

I could see Bridgewater but Daltons age appears to be catching up to him. 

Wilson would have been a top-5 if he'd had measurables to go along with his college #s and tape. Brady didn't have measurables, didn't have the numbers (though what he did have was impressive), couldn't get the regular gig until late and wasn't even playing for his first choice (IIRC that would have been USC).  Guys like with good numbers and tape but the bad measurables of Wilson have had some success. Given what you had on Brady in his draft year, he's just a fluke, I can't think of a guy like him who even made the cut in his rookie year based on pre-draft data.

Here are the free agents we could sign and would that could possibly get the starting job day 1:

Fitzpatrick, Newton, Dalton, Taylor, Winston, Brissett, Bridgewater, Trubisky, Mariota, Flacco.

Absolutely none of these will generate any fan interest or excitement.

The rumored trade available quarterbacks:

Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, Wentz, Ryan, Tannehill, Garoppolo, Carr

Rodgers and Wilson are the only two I would bet the farm on.  I don't think either of them will come here unfortunately.  However, if Rodgers does get dealt to the Titans, that opens the door for Tannehill.  If we can't get Rodgers or Wilson, my preferred list would be (in order): 

-Tannehill

-Ryan

-Wentz

-Carr

-Garoppolo

-Winston

-Bridgewater

-Trubisky

-Mariota

This of course, comes with the caveat, that they must also draft a quarterback.  

I thought when this first started we would get the cast off in the D Watson deal. I thought if Watson had gone to Miami we would get Tua. If he had gone to Las Vegas we would get Carr. If Cleveland got Watson we would get Mayfield. We would finally have a Qb or potentially a Qb of top 10 to top 15 ability.

Now I think we will be lucky to get Mariota, Bridgewater, Watson, or Trubisky.  

Edited by Redskins 2021

11 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

He has to get cleared criminally before anyone will trade for him. Also, he will probably be suspended.

I am not worried about Nyg they are in rebuild mode they will draft offensive linemen this year and take a Qb next year in the top 3. They will be really bad this year.

I think when they trade Watson it will be us, phl, and Car. I don't think Car got the picks. We can bet the Eagles with are dline offers. You can trade only 3 first round picks at a time. They have more picks we have more talented players to offer. 

Yeah that's one reason I think it will be a while before Watson is dealt...probably closer to the trade deadline than the opening of the season. I have a hard time seeing any team spending 3 1sts and more on a guy without even knowing his legal and NFL penalty status.

That being said, I'm not completely sure about this (so maybe someone with more detailed knowledge can chime in), but I think the bolded part might not be true. IIRC you can only trade 1sts in 3 future drafts, but the limit is the number of future drafts, not the picks. If that's the case then the Eagles could literally offer 5 1st round picks for Watson if they decided that he was going to be an elite top 5 QB for them for the next 10 years.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, Keim mentons Carr in almost every podcast.    He didn't double down in his last one about their interest in Carr but mentioned him in hypothetical trade thoughts.

He went back and forth with ex-agent Joel Corry.    Only nugget snuck in was implying that he hasn't heard of any interest from them in Jordan Love.

Corry's points:  cap is supposed to go up dramatically in the upcoming years.  Teams know this.  So don't be intimidated by big QB money this season.  Said Carr will likely get 35-40 million a year and thinks he's worth it if the Commanders can acquire.  Thinks Jimmy G in an extension will get 35 million.

The new 20 million at QB seem to be 30 million listening to some of that talk.

The more I see this stat the more I believe it’s not necessarily good to be among the leaders.