Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, MrJL said:

1. Watson has not done that while Garrapolo has, 2. you can't put morality issues aside with the issues we've had

Sorry I dont mean to be harsh but in what planet do you live on? I live in a world that Jimmy couldnt hold Watsons jock. Unless my reality is different than yours, he's a top 3-4 QB. As for #2 yes you can put morality issuues aside if Ron thinks its best. Winning heals all wounds and even creeps get second chances. He hasn't even been formally charged with a crime yet I believe. Let the process play out but dont mistake Watson for anything less than a superstar.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Sorry I dont mean to be harsh but in what planet do you live on? I live in a world that Jimmy couldnt hold Watsons jock. Unless my reality is different than yours, he's a top 3-4 QB. As for #2 yes you can put morality issuues aside if Ron thinks its best. Winning heals all wounds and even creeps get second chances. He hasn't even been formally charged with a crime yet I believe. Let the process play out but dont mistake Watson for anything less than a superstar.

okay, what the hell are you two on that you think something like this is a pure morality take?

I think that if Watson were acquired by us with the current legal cloud going over him, he would never play another down in the NFL.  In fact, even if he were acquired and whatever trade pieces we gave were given back after, if we weren't just told caveat emptor, by the time it got worked out we'd be out of any QB sweepstakes anyway

and even if he is better than Garrapolo even in today's QB league it's not always the absolute best that wins the Super Bowl, that's why they play the games.  Garrapolo has a bigger history of success than Watson

Edited by MrJL

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

okay, what the hell are you two on that you think something like this is a pure morality take?

I simply think that if Watson were acquired by us with the current legal cloud going over him, he would never play another down in the NFL.  In fact, even if he were acquired and whatever trade pieces we gave were given back after, if we weren't just told caveat emptor, by the time it got worked out we'd be out of any QB sweepstakes anyway

We had rampant sexual harassment allegations in our organization, then we go trade for a QB that does as well?  It's hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Jimmy G. has already been to one Super Bowl....amazing that he could go to a second one. I think the Niners are the last team Green Bay wants to see next week. 

And isn't Taylors contract like 4 mil next season? Is Jimmy G worth 21 mil and high draft picks over what we already have in Allen and TH? 

let see what they an get really getf for him that 27 million pull some teams out

6 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I think that if Watson were acquired by us with the current legal cloud going over him, he would never play another down in the NFL.  In fact, even if he were acquired and whatever trade pieces we gave were given back after, if we weren't just told caveat emptor, by the time it got worked out we'd be out of any QB sweepstakes anyway

and even if he is better than Garrapolo even in today's QB league it's not always the absolute best that wins the Super Bowl, that's why they play the games.  Garrapolo has a bigger history of success than Watson

Again. Not sure what football you have been watching regarding your "history of success angle". Watson is top shelf QB status regardless of team accomplishments.  Obviously all court/legal matters would preceed trade.  

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We probably gonna crack on Watson...

RDT_20220116_2212103129174950616532707.jpg

Seriously. Thats the most I have laughed in years. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Jimmy G. has already been to one Super Bowl....amazing that he could go to a second one. I think the Niners are the last team Green Bay wants to see next week. 

And isn't Taylors contract like 4 mil next season? Is Jimmy G worth 21 mil and high draft picks over what we already have in Allen and TH? 

let see what they an get really getf for him that 27 million pull some teams out. 27 million is about what a good starting qb will cost non rookie.

Edited by Redskins 2021

13 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

let see what they an get really getf for him that 27 million pull some teams out

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

let see what they an get really getf for him that 27 million pull some teams out. 27 million is about what a good starting qb will cost non rookie.

My friend. Me no understand.

7 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Such is the NFL. In 5 years when Watson is kicking ass for whomever team gets him the world will have moved on.

Only if he's still good.  See Michael Vick vs Randy Gregory.

I still believe it's a horrible idea but at rate we are going, that's exactly what we're going to do.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Well Watson and his situation walk like a duck, quack like a duck,....

No I respectfully disagree BH, we let the legal process play out. Not even charged with a crime yet and that is significant.  Keep in mind after all the phycho crap Vick did he got a second chance. I mean he is an analyst on a major broadcaster. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Only if he's still good.  See Michael Vick vs Randy Gregory.

I still believe it's a horrible idea but at rate we are going, that's exactly what we're going to do.

I dont deny the idea has its moral wrinkles but a shot at a player of his caliber are only possible because of of the wrinkles. 

20 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Such is the NFL. In 5 years when Watson is kicking ass for whomever team gets him the world will have moved on.

no, it is entirely possible that Watson is the next Kaepernick.  In fact considering why Kaepernick is out of the league them doing that to Watson might be good for the NFL

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

no, it is entirely possible that Watson is the next Kaepernick.  In fact considering why Kaepernick is out of the league them doing that to Watson might be good for the NFL

I dont really understand what you mean. Kaep would be back in the game if he was half as good as Watson.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

My friend. Me no understand.

Sorry, I think unless his contract changes alot of team will not be able to get him on there team and stay under the salary cap.

We can get him rite now stay under the cap there for I don't think you would have to give up more then a first for him probably a second. I don't think he will be willing to take less money.

The injuries are a problem other then that which is a big thing he in upper middle tier of QB. 

He definitely a step or two above Heinicke and on same level as Carr or Alex Smith. You will not be able to get someone as good under the amount of money he makes now. 

He may be one of the few options we can get.

Edited by Redskins 2021

5 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I dont really understand what you mean. Kaep would be back in the game if he was half as good as Watson.

These are facts, people forget he wasn't even starting anymore when he started kneeling in the preseason that one year, he lost his starting job and really wasn't that good anymore. 

Considering how bad some other QBs are, he maybe could've started somewhere besides SF, but add being out the game longer and longer, it became less and less realistic to think he'd be any better then he was when SF let him go.

Is what it is, if you can produce in the NFL, people typically put up with your crap.  The minute you don't, bye bye, see TO.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Big Ben was accused of rape and sexual assault in two different cases. Both cases settled out of court. Steelers didn’t take any moral high ground, they didn’t send him packing. The holy grail Steelers, lol. 
He won two Super Bowls in 6 years, the team didn’t blink an eye. It is however part of his story when it’s all said and done. As it will be for Watson. As I write this, Al Micheal’s is talking about him being a first ballot hall of famer. It’s funny the way time, memory, character, winning, success, and morality work. 

If the cases are settled, he’s willing to go to DC, and no criminal charges pending why the heck not pursue it.  I totally understand peoples apprehension or stand, on him being a crap human. I agree with the sentiment, but wouldn’t let it stop me from trying to put together the best team possible. 

He’d be at the top of my list.

I’d make every attempt to do it.
All that said I don’t think we do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Big Ben was accused of rape and sexual assault in two different cases. Both cases settled out of court. Steelers didn’t take any moral high ground, they didn’t send him packing. The holy grail Steelers, lol. 
He won two Super Bowls in 6 years, the team didn’t blink an eye. It is however part of his story when it’s all said and done. As it will be for Watson. As I write this, Al Micheal’s is talking about him being a first ballot hall of famer. It’s funny the way time, memory, character, winning, success, and morality work. 

If the cases are settled, he’s willing to go to DC, and no criminal charges pending why the heck not pursue it.  I totally understand peoples apprehension or stand, on him being a crap human. I agree with the sentiment, but wouldn’t let it stop me from trying to put together the best team possible. 

He’d be at the top of my list.

I’d make every attempt to do it.
All that said I don’t think we do it. 

He needs to do what Ben did.  Find a girl and get married bury the past and hope it doesn't raise from the dead.  Oh yeah and don't be a freaking perv with masseuses.

• Like 1