Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Has Love ever showed anything? I mean how did he get drafted in the first round? 

Well he was drafted at 26 so not a top 10 QB but there are some who think he might be traded to the Saints. 

Jordan Love traded to New Orleans Saints

Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

While the Packers drafted Love, he also received plenty of interest from the New Orleans Saints in 2020 and he had a virtual meeting with the franchise. New Orleans could grab a quarterback with its top-15 pick in 2022, but there’s a better argument for using that selection on another position of need.

• New Orleans Saints trade: Texans’ 2022 third-round pick, 2022 fifth-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick
  • Green Bay Packers trade: Jordan Love

Love might not bring Taysom Hill‘s level of athleticism, but he is a superior passer and is still fully capable of executing RPOs. He’s already spent two seasons learning from Rodgers and Matt LaFleur, development time that could prove very valuable. Love’s upside is undeniable and if Payton can get the most out of him, there are also important salary=cap benefits for the Saints.

I think we need to kick the tires on Love since he has been with Matt LaFleur for two years and who was our QB coach. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Ron really wants a QB in place before FA. The only true trade options would be Jimmy G and Love and maybe Wentz. Yuck

Has Love ever showed anything? I mean how did he get drafted in the first round? 

That 4 months lay off for Jimmy G was bad timing. I know the injury is deemed ‘straight forward’ in terms of recovery, however it’s far from ideal for the 49ers or trading team.

I will remain open minded on Wentz if he can be had at little to no trade cost. 

• Like 1

God damn it. Russ is going to the Broncos

So it wasn’t about Pete being old. And it wasn’t about not having a QB to send back because Lock is awful. 

Rivera just struck out again. 

Edited by Conn
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So either Rivera was outbid, or he failed to sell the roster/franchise to Russ as well as Denver did. Because we had the same draft capital to give and neither franchise had a (good, Lock is in the trade but sucks) QB to give. 

Can’t blame Russ for not wanting to come here but that’s another high profile whiff for Rivera after a lot of big talk and (I assume) big effort.

Edited by Conn
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yea, Denver was where Wilson wanted to go.  I'd read the last few weeks a lot of teams/agents thought Denver was a QB destination of choice.  Probably didn't help that was on of Rodgers team too.

Edited by HigSkin

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Seattle declined our offer, but accepts Denver’s? **** off Seattle. I WANTED WILSON!!! 

WILSONNNNNNN!!!!! 

cast wilson GIF

They’re saying this might be the biggest trade in NFL history. Denver obviously gave up the farm for an aging QB. Wilson isn’t getting them over KC or Buffalo. 

• Like 3

It was AFC team. Why trade him in NFC

Just now, No Nonsense said:

They’re saying this might be the biggest trade in NFL history. Denver obviously gave up the farm for an aging QB. Wilson isn’t getting them over KC or Buffalo. 

Also was a AFC team they wanted to keep him out of NFC

• Like 2