Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

My Giants fan buddy said the Athletic is reporting Mara said they need to win with Daniel Jones and that they won’t trade up. Could be a smokescreen, but that’s not a great ownership group so who knows?

"Mara said they need to win with Daniel Jones..."

Good googly moogly--- pleeeease let this be true!  🤞 

But Mara is a lying piece of scum so even if he swore it on a stack of Bibles it's  only 50-50 that he meant it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The agent stuff.  Plus the there have been reports out there that he doesn't want to come here and play for Washington

The agent using an emoji and an erroneous report means Jayden is a drama queen?  ok thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Sorry to burst everyones bubble here but... Jayden is actually overweight.  

image.png.9f550fe478db9665dd35bd310d3c6a15.png

That's crazy if true.

Those tables are way out of wack, plus it's not about the weight it's the composition and distribution that matters.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Mara said they need to win with Daniel Jones..."

Good googly moogly--- pleeeease let this be true!  🤞 

But Mara is a lying piece of scum so even if he swore it on a stack of Bibles it's  only 50-50 that he meant it.

So glad we have Josh Harris. Not a peep from our owner, breath of fresh air. Then again Snyder didnt say much to the media either, did his skull duggery from the shadows.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

That's crazy if true.

Those tables are way out of wack, plus it's not about the weight it's the composition and distribution that matters.

Thank you.  I agree and now feel much better about my personal BMI lol.  

• Haha 3

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Do you guys think that if we draft Daniels we'll get a huge rush of incoming LSU/Skins fans?

That is a huge fan base of true die harders.

I imagine we will. Some fans follow players as opposed to teams. You remember Blondie and her fascination with Rock Cartwright?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

They gotta do a draft party at Top Golf with Jayden after they pick him lol

If I go to camp with my son this year, I am definitiely doing a pilgrimage to Top Golf.  It's holy ground now.  I got to see it.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 8

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If I go to camp with my son this year, I am definitiely doing a pilgramge to Top Golf.  It's holy ground now.  I got to see it.  

Alas I too have only driven by and marveled at its grandeur, never having made the pilgrimage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Alas I too have only driven by and marveled at its grandeur, never having made the pilgrimage. 

Wonder if we pay extra bucks we can play with the same clubs are favorite QB prospects played with that infamous night.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I imagine we will. Some fans follow players as opposed to teams. You remember Blondie and her fascination with Rock Cartwright?

Yup.. I mean I only here because of John Bates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if we ay extra bucks we can play with the same clubs are favorite QB prospects played with that infamous night.

Sorry, they already sent those off to Canton 

• Haha 3

Just now, Idaho fan said:

I thought that was KB who was here for Bates?

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if we pay extra bucks we can play with the same clubs are favorite QB prospects played with that infamous night.

images.jpg.e5ffafc9ab424d97aea3b51d7a6ee0f4.jpgI got dibs on JD's clubs.

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I thought that was KB who was here for Bates?

Could be.  But He went to BSU (Boise State).  Seen him play a few times.  Was friends with my son who played Hockey for BSU.

Actually Ive been a fan of the Skins since early 80s and around here for nearly 20 years..  But also a Bates fan.  

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Pack it up, y'all, the debate is settled: the Paddleboat is going Daniels.

I am not as concerned as some others here about Daniels.

But I admit my top red flag remains Rivera thinking its the right choice.    Rivera's endorsement isn't a good sign for Caleb either.

"He's a passer who just happens to be good at running" is the main RG3 PTSD point I just can't shake. I swear it was repeated over and over about RG3, from his killer combine 40, his awesome run vs the vikings, etc...come to think of it, that's the only explosive game changing run I can remember.  And then he tried to be a pure passer and the rest is history. 

So I think the ability to run, as in speed is not so important, whereas the ability to run elusively is what's important.  I think I read that Maye had more first down runs than any QB in college.  Run when you need to and do it effectively/be able to pass on the run because you're going to be doing it a lot this year in Washington.  The line still needs work. 

It's just too similar to RG3, I can't shake it.  We've been a laughing stock, and with the new owner and new everyone, I'm thinking please can we just be a boring, effective team that's slowly building properly.  I hate all this news about us.  I want to be out of the news.  I don't want to cringe every time JD takes off (it's usually unfair to clip a bunch of things together but his clips of being hit in college are brutal).  I don't want to roll the dice.  

2 years ago, hell, a few months ago, the consensus was Maye was obviously #2 only because Williams is so good.  These men haven't taken a single snap since then, yet everyone's convinced that's switched around because we're so obsessed with football that we talk ourselves into different opinions.  

All that said, I will be stoked for JD if that's the case. I will be worried though.  RG3 was where he was because of Andrew Luck, and here we are again.  I just don't like seeing the same movie twice when I know it has a tragic ending.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I think I came here after the Cartwright era.

Can't figure out if that's an obscure reference to the famed Seinfeld episode at the Chinese Restaurant, "Cartwright! Cartwright! Table of 4! or to the 7th rounder that stuck, Rock Cartwright, or something else entirely. 

19 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Nice!! Of course my buddy, Shelton, would probably reference Willard Reeves as his drawing card historically and there's like 1 fan in 50,000 that would get that reference (and yes, he's the only person in the world that owns a Willard Reaves jersey, other than possibly Willard Reaves who probably does not). 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Haha 1