Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

Just now, BleedBNG said:

Wait a minute. I'm confused. If the Saints for now are 6-7 and we're now 6-7, why are we the 7th seed and not the Saints since they beat us head to head?

I think (And i could be wrong) that head to head only matters if it’s between two teams. If it’s more than two teams with the same record then it goes by conference record.

again, could be wrong, but that’s how i thought it was explained on here at some point 

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think (And i could be wrong) that head to head only matters if it’s between two teams. If it’s more than two teams with the same record then it goes by conference record.

again, could be wrong, but that’s how i thought it was explained on here at some point 

I thought so too, but according to their tie breaker page it has between 3 clubs at number 1 divisional something (kind of confusing) then it has at number 2 head to head.

EDIT: OK, I got it now. It's because the Eagles beat the Saints so they can't be higher in the play off picture than the Eagles. 

Something like that 😝

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

I don't think so. But I could be wrong. 

Brady is just throwing ducks tonight. 

Ducks, fumbles, and INT's 😣

Edited by BleedBNG

7 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Great. Saints just took over the 7th seed and they'll stay there even if we beat the Eagles. So long 7th seed, it was a nice visit while it lasted.

Saints have Miami next who's a better team than them, but who knows what may happen.  Stinks that this team's defense was in suck mode back then vs. New Orleans.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Great. Saints just took over the 7th seed and they'll stay there even if we beat the Eagles. So long 7th seed, it was a nice visit while it lasted.

They only stay in the 7th seed if we beat Philly and the bears beat the Vikings

a Washington win PLUS a Vikings win puts us back in the 7 seed. 

so, be a Vikings fan tomorow and hope we beat Philly 

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We aren’t going to the playoffs.

New Orleans in the regular season owns Brady.

We're stuck playing the "what if" game, hoping this team loses over that team...not a good look. If we get in, great. If not, oh well. I'm ok with where we're at for now.

14 hours ago, srtman04 said:

If that exact same play happend to us,  9-10 times the refs will call that an incomplete pass.  

We have benefited from bad calls.

Don't forget, the Saints were ROBBED of a trip to the SB by the most egregiously missed PI call of all time.  THE SAINTS.  WITH DREW BREES.  TO GO PLAY THE PATRIOTS.  

Tell me, do you think that was fixed also? You don't think the league WANTED Drew Brees in the SB against Brady?

Bad calls happen.  Thinking the league is out to get us is bush-league loser talk.  

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I want to see the packers win only because I like seeing all Harbaughs unhappy.

John Harbaugh sad face = VOR happy face

I actually agree with going for 2.  If you lose the coin toss, you don't want to give the ball back to Aaron ****ing Rodgers with a chance to lose the game without having your offense ever see the field.  And in that situation, I put my money on Rodgers, not the version of the Raven's defense which was available at the end of the game.

If they were playing a different QB, a "good but not HOF QB", like maybe Stafford, Cousins, Carr, Mayfield, etc., I would say you should go for OT.  If you win the coin toss, the odds are in your favor to win the game, and you have at least a reasonable shot of keeping the other team out of the end-zone. If you're playing a "shouldn't really be starting but is" QB, then you 100% go to OT.  

But if you're playing an elite QB (Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady at the moment, I'm not sure who else I would put in that category, Wilson normally but not this year, Allen was trending in that direction, but I'm not sure he's there yet), then I say you go for the win when you have the chance to go for the win. 

But it makes me smile that he probably made the right call and lost the game anyway.

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

They only stay in the 7th seed if we beat Philly and the bears beat the Vikings

a Washington win PLUS a Vikings win puts us back in the 7 seed. 

so, be a Vikings fan tomorow and hope we beat Philly 

Your right. I forgot about conference games. Go Kurt!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1