Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

It ain’t officially football season until my friend with a betting interest texts me to complain how rigged football is and how embarrassing it is.

Friends? I HAVE GOOD NEWS. ITS OFFICIALLY FOOTBALL SEASON!

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

On the flip side Dallas lost 7 points in kicks. I am not fearing either team. Although I do fear Brady. And you would be stupid not too. 

Eh. It’s hard to say they lost three of those on a missed 60 yarder at the half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

DAL's defense cant stop anyone. they're going to give up a lot of points every game. Dak is going have to be on point for all 17 games because idk if their d-line even touched TB much less pressured him. LBs didnt impress me and DBs were so-so.

But TB is the goat for a reason. he was surgical all night and engineered that game winning drive like he as if he was in his sleep.

Agreed but on the flip side that offense is going to be tough to stop. Nobody matches up with those WRs and they still have Zeke back there to pound the rock if need be(wasn't a factor tonight because Tampa's run D is insanely good).

Even with our D I think they'd hang at least 24 on us. We'll need to score to beat them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed but on the flip side that offense is going to be tough to stop. Nobody matches up with those WRs and they still have Zeke back there to pound the rock if need be(wasn't a factor tonight because Tampa's run D is insanely good).

Even with our D I think they'd hang at least 24 on us. We'll need to score to beat them.

WFT had no problem scoring on them last year and that was with the worst QB's in the league..Tampa has good a good run stopping Defense,but that pass Defense is lacking..

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm not watching the post-game but the defense better prepare for 45+ passes when we play Dallas, they throw a ton, like way more than any other team.

If Dak throws 45+ against the WFT then the Cowboys will lose..WFT has a better pass rushing DL than Tampa ..

• Like 3

Just now, bh32 said:

If Dak throws 45+ against the WFT then the Cowboys will lose..WFT has a better pass rushing DL than Tampa ..

It's closer than you think. Vita Vea is better than any interior DL we have, their edge rushers are pretty close to ours. Their DL is definitely top 3 and Dallas still put up 400 passing yards and we don't have a Brady to counter that and get into a passing battle. 

Our defense I think might be getting a tad overrated here by most. Offense is king in the NFL, there are so many rules put in place to put a defense at a disadvantage. 

• Like 1

This was one of those ok losses for me as a Cowboys fan.  The biggest question for me going in was if Dak could still run a high scoring offense.  He ended up doing better than I expected, but he also showed some sluggishness.  I did not expect Dallas to be in this game, so it was a pleasant surprise overall.  I could have done without the lead change in the last few seconds, but that is going to happen every now and then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's closer than you think. Vita Vea is better than any interior DL we have, their edge rushers are pretty close to ours. Their DL is definitely top 3 and Dallas still put up 400 passing yards and we don't have a Brady to counter that and get into a passing battle. 

Our defense I think might be getting a tad overrated here by most. Offense is king in the NFL, there are so many rules put in place to put a defense at a disadvantage. 

No ****ing way..Young and Sweat are better pass rushers than anyone on that Tampa DL..The advantage that Tampa has is at LB

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He is.  But the amount of post game Dak slurping is annoying.

Look at it this way, and take it as a compliment, due to the fact that during the offseason Prescott stated he was directly inspired by Alex Smith and his comeback.

And there's a very good chance that Prescott wins the Alex Smith Award this year.

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The TB secondary looked AWFUL. Jamal Dean was picked on all night, Winfield wasn’t a factor, even Carlton looked average. 

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Same argument could be made for Sweat and that one season was better than Sweats lol. 

Sweat has played two years! Shaq has been around for a while and is on the downside of his career (he turns 29 next month)

• Like 2

Just now, PartyPosse said:

The TB secondary looked AWFUL. Jamal Dean was picked on all night, Winfield wasn’t a factor, even Carlton looked average. 

I'm not really impressed with their secondary either, I still think Dallas is going to be extremely pass happy regardless of what secondary they play. 

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sweat has played two years! Shaq has been around for a while and is on the downside of his career (he turns 29 next month)

I'm not talking about potential, I'm talking about who the better player is now. Of course Sweat is going to be better at some point but right now if an argument is being made on who the better player is, I think it's Barrett. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:
25 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm not talking about potential, I'm talking about who the better player is now. Of course Sweat is going to be better at some point but right now if an argument is being made on who the better player is, I think it's Barrett. 

Based on stats from last year? It’s pretty even. Sweat had more sacks, more passed deflected and an INT. Shaq had more combined tackles which is expected from an OLB.

28 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Based on stats from last year? It’s pretty even. Sweat had more sacks, more passed deflected and an INT. Shaq had more combined tackles which is expected from an OLB.

I'd say just based on previous years of production honestly. Barrett got a sack tonight with 2 QB hits, he's a good player on the edge. 

Always tough to draw conclusions from the first game of the season. Who knows how good this Dallas D is... Brady carved us up pretty well and if it wasn't for some drops, the game against us wouldn't have been close. And we have a pretty good D. So I am not sure we can come away from this game and make definitive statements about Dallas' D even though it didn't look good.

Dallas offense looks good, just like it did last year when Dak was in. Their O-line held up pretty well even though they were without Zack Martin. But they are always injured so have to wait how that plays out over the next couple of weeks. Having Dak throw it 50 times a game on a a shoulder that is not 100% is not a sustainable strategy though. Anyways, tough to draw conclusions about that Tampa D when they faced an offense which is probably a top 3 passing offense in this leagueand their strength is being in the running game.