Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2021

The Evil Genius

21 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm a big USC fan I'm very happy about this hire. Great job!

that’s a shock 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

USC<<<OU. That move makes 0 sense.

Must be other factors. $$$?

well, in the PAC he gets to be a big fish in a small pond. Who does he have to worry about now, Oregon? Compared to facing potential 3-5 losses a year in the SEC it makes a lot of sense. 

plus he’s a young guy. He wants to live in LA compares to Oklahoma. 

• Like 2

That’s probably just a small part of it if at all but I don’t lose any respect for him even if it is. He had no control or say over the fact that his job got a lot harder.  It’s also a smart career decision. He can be a superstar celebrity at USC and build his brand as a coach that he would never be able to do in Oklahoma. He was also handed a built program by Stoops, I’m sure the unique challenge of building a previous power back into a juggernaut is really appealing. And doing it in perfect 70 weather year around surrounded by models isn’t bad either. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I atill can't believe WVU has this kid coming in January. I'm sure Coach Brown will sit him though for another 4 years to play some other lesser incompetent QB that is his guy. Maybe he can get Doege another 2 to 3 years of eligibility. 🤓

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/nicco-marchiol-253036

Edited by The Evil Genius

Riley’s move is a no brainer.  I get forced into a harder job where even if I bust my ass all year I still could be out of conference or playoff contention mid season while recruiting against Bama, LSU, UGA, etc. Or I can take over a school with deep pockets and a desperate fanbase based in an area with great weather and everything you could want in one place.  He could have been fired in a few years time by OK for not being good enough for SEC.  USC will give him a long leash and he won’t need it as he’ll crush in the PAC 12.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Makes sense. Why be the fifth best team in your conference when you could live a better place and have a better path to the playoffs? 

California and Hawaii are much richer recruiting grounds. Very small % of his roster comes from Oklahoma. More $$, better weather, better in-state recruiting. What's not to love.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

California and Hawaii are much richer recruiting grounds. Very small % of his roster comes from Oklahoma. More $$, better weather, better in-state recruiting. What's not to love.

Like seriously.  You walk into my office and tell me hey so you been doing awesome but now I need you to out recruit the programs that already out recruit us every year oh and beat all of them every year in regular season then the conference championship. Oh maybe in the playoffs and championship again.  That’s ok right?  I’m sure you’ll do fine getting recruits to come to our wonderful state of Oklahoma.   Cool so how about lunch later? Thanks bye! 

you are lucky I didn’t mail myself to Cal 5 mins later. Now I get to recruit in state 5 stars to LA while living the coastal beach life and only needing to beat half butt ucla for bragging rights and Oregon for conference rights? Oh and clear path to the playoffs. I’ll have the paper work to you in 3 mins signed.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

You guys do know that USC is located near ugly downtown Los Angeles right?

Not by a beach. 😆

USC is in a crappy spot but he’s got plenty of great places to live nearby.  Like someone said Santa Monica is right by.  By the beach is pretty much 50 miles within the coast because houses are double in that range lol. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LSU struck out on Lincoln Riley so they went out and got Brian Kelly.  I wonder how much they are paying him per year?  Because Notre Dame to LSU isn't necessarily a logical move without a fat pay raise to go with it.

LSU is easily a better job than Notre Dame now.  Les Miles and Ed O won championships there. Neither would win one at Notre Dame. They both might be fighting to win 7-9 games. There is basically a fence around Louisiana recruiting.  

That said, he will get PAID.

Edited by JMURedskins
  • Thanks 1