Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

James Cook.  i was looking at some comps for him.  The one I liked the best is Alvin Kamara but IMO he's not quite on his level.  

IMO outside zone runner.  At his best hitting the edges-periphery.  He's like Rachaad White in that he actually runs WR routes and does so everywhere -- slot, outside, etc.  Almost a hybrid player.  Part of his charm as a pass catcher he he really accelerates fast once he catches the ball.  He accelerates fast as a runner too and can take off and become a homerun hitter if he finds some daylight.

He's a good pass blocker.  He doesn't have his brother's sick level ability to change directions -- the stop and go stuff, etc.  But he's decent at it.  I also see why Zamir White was used. Cooks strikes me more of a rotational RB than a bell cow like his brother.  Like how Kamara was used initially by the Saints as part of a rotation, I see Cook the same way.  Just like how Georgia used him.

I'd take him a half a peg over Rachaad White but they are in that same brand.  I like him, I'd probably wait to the third round range for him -- 2nd round might be a little too early. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

James Cook.  i was looking at some comps for him.  The one I liked the best is Alvin Kamara but IMO he's not quite on his level.  

IMO outside zone runner.  At his best hitting the edges-periphery.  He's like Rachaad White in that he actually runs WR routes and does so everywhere -- slot, outside, etc.  Almost a hybrid player.  Part of his charm as a pass catcher he he really accelerates fast once he catches the ball.  He accelerates fast as a runner too and can take off and become a homerun hitter if he finds some daylight.

He's a good pass blocker.  He doesn't have his brother's sick level ability to change directions -- the stop and go stuff, etc.  But he's decent at it.  I also see why Zamir White was used. Cooks strikes me more of a rotational RB than a bell cow like his brother.  Like how Kamara was used initially by the Saints as part of a rotation, I see Cook the same way.  Just like how Georgia used him.

I'd take him a half a peg over Rachaad White but they are in that same brand.  I like him, I'd probably wait to the third round range for him -- 2nd round might be a little too early. 

Have you watched any tape on RB Tyler Allgeier from BYU, @Skinsinparadise?

Was listening to Sheehan today (maybe I’m a massacist).  They were both adamantly against drafting a RB in the 2nd (although Sheehan LOVES Walker).  He again stated that those around the team like the skill guys (but that may be smoke).  He predicted Stingley (although it wasn’t backed by any inside information).  

RB is clearly a major need contrary to what they think.  I’d be fine with Walker/Hall in the 2nd if they were available.  Does GB regret taking AJ Dillon even though they had Aaron Jones?

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Was listening to Sheehan today (maybe I’m a massacist).  They were both adamantly against drafting a RB in the 2nd (although Sheehan LOVES Walker).  He again stated that those around the team like the skill guys (but that may be smoke).  He predicted Stingley (although it wasn’t backed by any inside information).  

RB is clearly a major need contrary to what they think.  I’d be fine with Walker/Hall in the 2nd if they were available.  Does GB regret taking AJ Dillon even though they had Aaron Jones?

radio show or podcast?

When Wentz was killing it in Philly, they had a bellcow back in Jay Ajayi. And last year in Indy he had Jonathan Taylor. I think the focus might be to try to recreate situations where Wentz can thrive, so in that sense I could see why they'd wanna go WR in round 1(either a deep threat like Wilson/Olave to take advantage of his arm or a big guy like London to be Alshon Jeffrey 2.0)and RB in round 2 to try to find a Taylor clone(Taylor himself was also a 2nd rounder although doubtful anyone in this draft ends up THAT good).

I'd be fine with that strategy. I wanna go hard on offense. No more of this trying to win games 17-14 nonsense. Score points.

• Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When Wentz was killing it in Philly, they had a bellcow back in Jay Ajayi. And last year in Indy he had Jonathan Taylor. I think the focus might be to try to recreate situations where Wentz can thrive, so in that sense I could see why they'd wanna go WR in round 1(either a deep threat like Wilson/Olave to take advantage of his arm or a big guy like London to be Alshon Jeffrey 2.0)and RB in round 2 to try to find a Taylor clone(Taylor himself was also a 2nd rounder although doubtful anyone in this draft ends up THAT good).

I'd be fine with that strategy. I wanna go hard on offense. No more of this trying to win games 17-14 nonsense. Score points.

I agree. I've been wanting WR in 1st and Walker in the 2nd. My WRs in the 1st have changed. Right now I'm wanting Williams. Figure we could wait half a season to get the best WR. But if be happy with any of the top 4.

7 hours ago, mhd24 said:

It's feeling as if Hamilton is going to be there at 11.  What is the board's collective opinion on us just saying screw it and taking him?

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We haven't pollied it but it feels mixed.  There are some who say heck yes, no brainer.  And some (me included) who think maybe we take him. 

I would be cool with it but its not a slam dunk decision IMHO. 

Opinion on Hamilton at #11 is mixed.  I'm a no with him at #11.  The only non-WR I want at #11 is Gardner.

I like Hamilton more than Lloyd, but #11 is a lot for a DB that'll spend most of his time as a Buffalo Nickel.  If we say, traded back to the Steelers pick at #20, then Hamilton looks great.  I'd rather our first pick not be a DB unless we got extra draft capital.  For example, I love Nakobe Dean, but I also wouldn't pick him at #11.  I'd want more draft capital first.

I'm starting to waver a bit on Hamilton as well. Not because I don't think he's a great player, but because I think we'd gain more RoI from a WR. I don't think people realize just how bad our WR corps has been the last couple years outside of McLaurin. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am watching Tony Pauline's draft show right now, he's pretty plugged in. He says the Vikings are actively telling teams they want to trade down.  He believes the Steelers, Chargers, Saints are willing to trade up a little. 

Chargers would be a good trade partner for us but its a bit of a drop from 11 to 17. Might lose out on the top WRs.

6 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

PFF has George Pickens ranked over Drake London in the video I posted above fwiw.

I’m not going to watch the video to see what metrics have been cherry-picked to come to that conclusion, but it’s very bad.

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m trying to recall when we did sprint to the podium. I’m thinking it was Orakpo maybe, pick was in within 30 seconds I reckon :ols:

edit - in fact did we offer a 7th or something to get there even earlier by moving up one slot, or was that a myth?

Pretty sure it was a 3rd and the other team laughed at Cerrato and basically told him to calm down, he’d get his man. That was the story at the time, as crazy as it sounds 

Pickens will be one of those guys who gets drafted late, makes some plays and shows tantalizing talent, but is also such a garbage personality that he'll end up bouncing around the league because noone wants to deal with him despite the talent.

Think Antonio Bryant back in the day if y'all remember.

• Like 1

Pauline thinks Hamilton goes either towards the bottom of the top 10 or to somewhere in the early teens.  He suggested teams might have some concerns about his coverage ability and my see him as a player that plays better moving forward. 

He hears Breece Hall has some late first round grades from some teams but he doen't think he gets drafted in the first round.

Pierre Strong and Dameon Pierce could go in the third round which is sooner than what the mock drafters are expecting.   He thinks Strong goes before Pierce.  Both players i like so I could see that.

Cook he thinks goes 3rd round, some chance late 2nd.

Most teams have McBride as their top TE. 

Jeremy Ruckert's stock dropping some -- maybe 4th round.

Nakobe Dean he thinks goes early 2nd round

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

Hot take: the defense is better with Daxton Hill at FS alongside Curl than Hamilton playing buffalo. As mentioned above, he's better playing moving forward. We don't want Curl back on the bench like last year... So he'd play buffalo.

Buffalo is a position you can get away with a less premier player. IE: bringing Landon Back cheap, or guys like JoJo Domann, or Smoke Monday in the later rounds.

I'd be okay with Hamilton but seriously doubt he's the pick, and wouldn't lose sleep if we passed on him.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Pickens will be one of those guys who gets drafted late, makes some plays and shows tantalizing talent, but is also such a garbage personality that he'll end up bouncing around the league because noone wants to deal with him despite the talent.

Think Antonio Bryant back in the day if y'all remember.

People are so quick to dog players that have served a suspension like they know the kid personally.

Not vouching for him, but we don't know what the coaches suspended him for, and the other suspension was for throwing a punch after one was thrown at him first. Dumb? Yes. But not something you can't learn from. 

First example that comes to mind is L.Blount. 

Pickens plays with fire and is a fierce competitor. I wouldn't go as far as writing him off as an Antonio Brown or anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Hot take: the defense is better with Daxton Hill at FS alongside Curl than Hamilton playing buffalo. As mentioned above, he's better playing moving forward. We don't want Curl back on the bench like last year... So he'd play buffalo.

Buffalo is a position you can get away with a less premier player. IE: bringing Landon Back cheap, or guys like JoJo Domann, or Smoke Monday in the later rounds.

I'd be okay with Hamilton but seriously doubt he's the pick, and wouldn't lose sleep if we passed on him.

I am more than good with Daxton in a trade down.  As I mentioned earlier, Hamilton gets hyped for his long arms.  Daxton Hill has almost the identical wingspan as Hamilton which is wild.  As I mentioned, Hill to me is Minkah Fitzpatrick.  He's a nickel corner-FS hybrid.  So he brings plenty of his own swiss arm knife skills. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am more than good with Daxton.  As I mentioned earlier, Hamilton gets hyped for his long arms.  Daxton Hill has almost the identical wingspan as Hamilton which is wild.  As I mentioned, Hill to me is Minkah Fitzpatrick.  He's a nickel corner-FS hybrid.  So he brings plenty of his own swiss arm knife skills. 

Agreed. And his tape plays like the kid is shot out of a cannon. Flys to the ball. So happy we interviewed him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

People are so quick to dog players that have served a suspension like they know the kid personally.

Not vouching for him, but we don't know what the coaches suspended him for, and the other suspension was for throwing a punch after one was thrown at him first. Dumb? Yes. But not something you can't learn from. 

First example that comes to mind is L.Blount. 

Pickens plays with fire and is a fierce competitor. I wouldn't go as far as writing him off as an Antonio Brown or anything.

Its telling to me that he got kicked off Georgia and then they go on to win a title without him.

The history of the league is filled with guys like him. Ultra talented and as a result will keep receiving chance after chance because every coach thinks he's the guy that can fix him. 

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am more than good with Daxton in a trade down.  As I mentioned earlier, Hamilton gets hyped for his long arms.  Daxton Hill has almost the identical wingspan as Hamilton which is wild.  As I mentioned, Hill to me is Minkah Fitzpatrick.  He's a nickel corner-FS hybrid.  So he brings plenty of his own swiss arm knife skills. 

Love seeing this! I am afraid Daxton starts gaining interest and goes late first. If that happens Pitre is next man up.

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its telling to me that he got kicked off Georgia and then they go on to win a title without him.

The history of the league is filled with guys like him. Ultra talented and as a result will keep receiving chance after chance because every coach thinks he's the guy that can fix him. 

I'm confused. Pickens played in the national championship. He very much helped them win a title.

pff_mock_results.png

Probably my favorite mock I've done so far. A double trade down is unlikely, but if we pulled off getting this players I'd do cartwheels in my living room.

Only hole it doesnt fill is Buffalo. Going into post draft FA with only one need is a whole lot more ideal.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 1