Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 135th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Washington Commanders select Zach Tom OL Wake Forest....

Tom is arguably the most athletic interior offensive line prospect in the class. He's so sudden in his ability to mirror, helping him earn a 92.1 pass-blocking grade last season.  He'll be playing OG for the Commanders..

First is the 20-yard shuttle for offensive linemen.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.ctfassets

These are the top Combine testers from 2010 to 2020. In that span, over 300 OL prospects completed a 20-yard shuttle. The top 24 are listed above. As you can see, 21 of the 24 were drafted, and those drafted players went on to start 84% (!!!!) of their career games. Taking it one step further, the eight Day 3 OL started 85% of their career games and includes gems like Jason Kelce, Chase Roullier, Matt Paradis and Charles Leno.

It is not a leap to say that if an offensive lineman at this year’s Combine hits that 4.47 short shuttle, he should be a target player.....

Of course Tom's time is 4.47....

Coach Matsko and the staff are on to something Re the advanced metrics. As you see Chase and Leno are part of the group. Our new edition fits right in and the Commanders are ecstatic to scoop this kid this late in the game.

zach.jpg

zach .jpg

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

With the 136th selection in the 2022 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Velus Jones Jr...WR Tennessee...

OP updated..

@Gallen5862 on the clock

@Chump Bailey on deck

@duffy coming up

@PokerPacker coming up

@Skinsinparadise coming up

@COWBOY-KILLA- coming up

@Chump Bailey coming up

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Sad 1

With the 136th pick in the ES draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select, Velus Jones Jr., WR, Tennessee 

After focusing so heavily on protection it is time to think about adding more weapons to an already explosive offense and Jones provides excellent bang for your buck in the 4th round.  Not the most sophisticated route runner and his age is a factor after a long and winding college career but the fact is Jones has the type of elite speed that can take the top off a defense and is a tough and physical pass catcher who won't be bullied.  Primarily though, Jones is a truly exceptional ST contributor as a kick returner and it is here that he is most likely to shine, the game breaking speed, elusiveness and physicality are ideal traits and he has the potential to be a top 5 return man in the league.  This is a fun pick and slightly indulgent from the GM who watched him play in High School as  a home town product from the mighty Saraland High School.  Who dey!

AA531E33-47E8-4FFB-92DD-ABE85F7B8128.jpeg

Edited by WelshSkinsFan
  • Like 3

Really good value for Zach Tom there. I have him 79 on my board. And I almost took him with New Englands last pick. But they really needed a WR. 

Starting to get into the fun time of the draft for me. Guys will start picking players I have not watched any tape on. Gives me a chance to learn about some new guys. 

• Like 1

I had rechecked the list and did not see that #33 was separated on the list. I will repick.

The Carolina Panthers with pick #137 (from Los Angeles Rams through Houston Texans) select Carson Strong QB University of Nevada. 

The Panthers get a Back Up QB who could possibly take over as the Starter. 

Edited by Gallen5862
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

I had rechecked the list and did not see that #33 was separated on the list. I will repick.

The Carolina Panthers with pick #137 (from Los Angeles Rams through Houston Texans) select Carson Strong QB University of Nevada. 

The Panthers get a Back Up QB who could possibly take over as the Starter. 

Pick was already made at pick #82....Try again please...Drink! Ty..

@Chump Bailey can go making your pick as Gallen figures his next move...

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

I am sorry. Trying to recheck draft board. 

I think we need a rule that if you pick a player already selected twice in one pick you need to buy everyone else a round not just drink yourself!!  Just a thought!   🙂 

image.png.6ee4d41a2a7149ae9c2a74cf1069e0b5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I think we need a rule that if you pick a player already selected twice in one pick you need to buy everyone else a round not just drink yourself!!  Just a thought!   🙂 

This seems like the only fair thing to do.  I second the motion.  

@clskinsfan Great pick, I was hoping he'd slip down low enough that I could trade up to get him.

• Like 2