Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet and Pets with Disabilities

gbear

If you get a chance, stop by and vote for Jett, the cute pup in a wheelchair. The rescue from where we get our dogs, pets with disabilities, has him as their ambassador to go to schools to talk with kids about differences/disabilities.

https://www.discovery.com/shows/puppy-bowl/puppy-bowl-xvii/vote?fbclid=IwAR3TtqfEAzXrju64YmT5QV8eo5nHmXaEc5j7KGwYNXFpnrmzXC7tfsKG47M

• Like 1

For what it is worth, pets with disabilities is a great rescue. Three users on this site (including me) have dogs that came through pets w disabilities then my family. The lady who runs it with her husband try their best to match families with good dogs. She only takes dogs who have people already swearing to their temperment, and they pay for vet bills related to the disability. That continues after the pet is adopted too. For example, they are paying for surgery for our dog adopted 3 years ago because his other hip now pains him to the point he can not run, walk or get up stairs. They are then going to handle the rehab because out house can not, and he will want to play too much for a couple weeks. He came to us recovering from two crushed hind legs.

They are an incredible rescue, and I could not recommend them enough for anyone looking for a dog. They are down in southern MD. So they aren't a long trip for thise of us in the D.C.area. 

Thanks for voting!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

As a follow-up, I was at a fundraiser this weekend for Pets with Disabilities. The couple who run it wanted to send back thanks for the help with Jett last year.  Jett is doing well and remains their mascot.

This is a pic of Jett, my younger daughter and me.

1023211343a_HDR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1