Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

I dont think he is going to own the team before the new stadium goes up. Maybe he buys the land and develops it for something else.

He will be flushed with cash if he sells the team.  He will need a new project.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I think they are going all in on Virginia fans. This is now the Virginia Commonwealth Commanders.

I think they'll be unhappy to hear that Virginia fans rage-hate on this team just as much as fans elsewhere do.  The **** gives?  They think just because we're on this side of the Potomac that we're going to be more supportive?  **** outta here.

Put the team back in DC where it belongs, where anything that this franchise ever did that mattered occurred.  Even though I live in a part of Virginia that wouldn't be affected by this move, I still hate it.  

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Have anyone else notice that whenever a negative story comes up, there’s some report to counter it? 

I’m not familiar with the area, but this place seems quite far from DC. 

This area is a taint.  It's not a ballsack, it's not an asshole.  It's that spot right in the middle.

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Have anyone else notice that whenever a negative story comes up, there’s some report to counter it? 

I’m not familiar with the area, but this place seems quite far from DC. 

That’s what they do. Constantly putting out negative PR fires.

I’d have an easier time making it to a Ravens game and I’m in DC.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I don't know the DMV area well at all, but if they want to fill a 60,000 seat stadium with Skins fans (fewer opposing fans), wouldn't it make sense to move it further away from DC and closer to Richmond?   

Do you know how far away Richmond is from DC?

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The stadium itself looks pretty nice. They used the same firm that did the previous design with the moat. BIG is the architectural firm. They have some really nice designs in other projects.

I cannot believe they're still using any variation of that awful, awful BIG concept.  They have no experience designing stadiums and it's going to show.

This site is hilariously bad. 95 between the beltway and Dumfries is possibly the single worst stretch of road in the entire region. Zero public transit options. Nothing at all interesting about the site (waterfront, etc). The stadium will forever be half full at most. It’s like they took everything bad about FedEx and made it 10x worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, fullnelson9999 said:

I cannot believe they're still using any variation of that awful, awful BIG concept.  They have no experience designing stadiums and it's going to show.

I like the look a lot. I think the actual structure will be great. The location sucks.

1 minute ago, TheGoodBits said:

This site is hilariously bad. 95 between the beltway and Dumfries is possibly the single worst stretch of road in the entire region. Zero public transit options. Nothing at all interesting about the site (waterfront, etc). The stadium will forever be half full at most. It’s like they took everything bad about FedEx and made it 10x worse. 

But it’s translucent!

• Haha 5

What in the name of French fried **** went on in that decision making meeting to purchase land in Dumfries?

I imagine it went like this:

Snyder:  "Yeah, I just know that a lot of the fans would really like to see this team back in DC.  I mean, that's where I grew up watching the games with my dad in RFK and it would be so cool to have a smaller, intimate stadium actually in the city that is Metro accessible and brings some sort of nostalgia back to the team."

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "But then the fans might actually think you did something good and approve of it."

Snyder:  "Yeah.  Well, we can't have that, now can we?"

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "No.  No, we can't."

Snyder:  "Well, I'm sure we'll come up with something that everyone will hate.  I mean, look at how the name reveal went.  How can we top that?"

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "Wait a second.  Did you hear that?"

Snyder:  "Hear what?"

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "That was the sound of me nutting in my Dockers."

Snyder:  "Oh Jason, stop!  I love it when you do that.  It means you've thought up of something that can further alienate me from the fanbase and you do such a bang-up job of it.  I could only take it so far on my own.  Now, tell me about this nut busting idea of yours."

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "Well, we all know that everyone just hates the Beltway, right?  Everyone hates driving on it and everyone complains that Fed Ex is hard to get in and out of, right?"

Snyder:  <rubbing palms together, licking lips> "Yes, yes, go on."

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "Well, what is the one area in the DMV area that could possibly be MORE painful for our fans to get to?  And really opposing fans, too?"

Snyder:  "Ummmm, Florida Avenue?"

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "No.  And I know you've never been there."

Snyder:  <grumbles> "U Street corridor? 

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "Nope."

Snyder:  "Fairfax County Parkway or Route 7?"  

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  "Ugh, no.  Dan, it's I-95.  Specifically the part of the I-95 corridor where the mixing bowl is and down to Potomac Mills, it's just a giant ****show all the time.  If our fans thought that getting to Fed Ex sucked, just WAIT until they get a load of this!"

Snyder:  "What's a mixing bowl have to do with anything?"

Snyder minion aka Jason Wright:  <rolls eyes>

Snyder:  "But I do love factory shopping and discount prices!  And if our fans will absolutely hate this idea, I'm all for it!"

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1