Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

No.

If you believe he cares about anything except his & Ivanka's well-being, you're delusional. 

Gee.....did you read my response or is this copy paste number 8?

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Not really, if Trump had true concern he would have done what every other westernized country did and come up with a Nationwide plan, bringing together governors from across all political sides to come up with a real strategy to stop the virus from spreading.  Instead he tried to use the issue as a fake "culture war ala freedom" issue and you had some states on lockdowns while others were doing very little until the spreads & outbreaks were too vast.  That is not leadership, that is trying to preserve your political career by catering to your base and entertaining trash conspiracy theories when politically expedient. 

Isnt that what I said in a nutshell? He was more concerned about his image.....isn't that what I said?

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Gee.....did you read my response or is this copy paste number 8?

Isnt that what I said in a nutshell? He was more concerned about his image.....isn't that what I said?

What is the image he was concerned with that you speak of?  Shouldn't the health & welfare of the country's people be his priority over whatever concocted image for him is concerned?  The mere fact that you are conceding that he was concerned with image over facts and the people should only reinforce his standing as a terrible leader, yeah?

Imagine he had done the right thing in 2020 and by the time  November 2020 election rolled around his image was "President that kept the American people safe from a pandemic by uniting both sides of the ailes"  Guaranteed most all other of his actions up to the point would be overlooked and he runs away with re-election. 

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Of course I read your response. 

And everyone here knows I'm pretty copy/paste stupid...so you got my real type. 

I said he cared about people dying but his image was more important. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

What is the image he was concerned with that you speak of?  Shouldn't the health & welfare of the country's people be his priority over whatever concocted image for him is concerned?  The mere fact that you are conceding that he was concerned with image over facts and the people should only reinforce his standing as a terrible leader, yeah?

Imagine he had done the right thing in 2020 and by the time  November 2020 election rolled around his image was "President that kept the American people safe from a pandemic by uniting both sides of the ailes"  Guaranteed most all other of his actions up to the point would be overlooked and he runs away with re-election. 

Well that **** wasn't happening ever....you know that. 

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I said he cared about people dying but his image was more important. 

Well that **** wasn't happening ever....you know that. 

Oh I am fully aware, partially because of what we saw from him the 3 years prior, and because well....we lived through 2020 to witness it for ourselves.   Nevertheless, this is just making the case of Trump being an awful leader, which I feel like I have in the context of the pandemic.  So I suppose my work here is done.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Oh I am fully aware, partially because of what we saw from him the 3 years prior, and because well....we lived through 2020 to witness it for ourselves.   Nevertheless, this is just making the case of Trump being an awful leader, which I feel like I have in the context of the pandemic.  So I suppose my work here is done.

Trump was an awful leader, not many people dispute that. I dont think globalism is the right path yet. But that is another subject.

Just remember, the obligatory “plea for civility/mercy/unity” is a critical part of the schtick.

Remember back in the day, how Ric Flair would get on his knees and beg for mercy when he was losing…and then as soon as the good guy looked away, Flair would punch him in the nads and rake the eyes with his bootlaces?  Classic!

When you start hearing folksy, personal anecdotes about the poor vegan farmer?  That’s this part of the match.

5677159F-0541-4349-8CFB-490683BEF291.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrSilverMaC said:

But keep trying to play the “offended innocent” role you’re working on, I’m sure everyone will start to believe you’re just a “good guy with a few questions”.

Yeah, I dont really give a **** about whether anyone here thinks I'm a good guy or not. I also am very hard to offend....unless you try and ask me on a date in front of my wife. 

13 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

So quick question to the board of reps here. At what point would lockdowns have killed the country? 

Well that is a bit of a loaded question.  Are you talking about the way in which the country did "lockdown this, not that, over here, but not over there?" style lockdowns or are you talking about true lockdowns that were shown to have actually stopped the virus from spreading in other countries.   Going back in time I feel like if we had a true commitment across the board to locking down the country, giving PPP money to actual small business and not designing the program to in reality funnel money to the wealthiest Americans?  1-2 months likely bends the curve in a significant enough way that the lockdown could end with some safety measures, such as social distancing and masks remaining in place until the vaccine came along.  However, again, the vaccines when barely 50% of the country is getting vaccinated is not the same situation if we were at the actual agreed upon % for true herd immunity. 

Remember, our lockdowns and mandates were extending because half the country wasn't doing it in the first place or at least not really enforcing it.  Some of the problems that were present pre-pandemic such as income inequality and the fragile nature of the economy were accelerated due to the pandemic but make no mistake those issues were there, and have been there for 30+ years but the pandemic just shoved it in front of our eyes in a way that hadn't been done before.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mojo said:

And now the CDC is saying the delta variant is passed as easily by the vaxed as it is by unvaxed.  News like that doesn't exactly get people rushing out to get jabbed.

Look at it this way. The people who didn't get the jab allowed the mutated virus (virus mutate all of the time, by the way) to spread. They still need to get a jab to prevent further spread of the normal covid-19 and it may also help in the variants as well. 

Can you please post the link to what exactly CDC said so I can read it for myself. Thanks. 

Here is more for you to read upon on...

Vaccines Remain Largely Effective Against Delta Variant, Counter to Claims From Fox News Guest

The highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus now accounts for 82% of new COVID-19 cases in the U.S., according to estimates by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and is partly responsible for the rising number of infections across the vast majority of the country.

Data show that while the authorized COVID-19 vaccines may be less protective against delta in preventing infections and symptomatic illness compared with earlier versions of SARS-CoV-2, they still largely remain effective — and are very good at preventing serious disease and death.

As CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a July 16 press briefing, “This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” as outbreaks continue in places with low vaccination rates.

But that’s not the message Fox News guest Dr. Peter McCullough has been spreading. In a July 13 interview on “The Ingraham Angle,” the private practice internist played down the risks of the delta variant and falsely said there was “no clinical reason to go get vaccinated.”

“We are at a very low baseline now,” he said in reply to host Laura Ingraham, who asked him what to expect next from the pandemic. “We are going to have a slight rise with the delta variant, but the delta variant really is not responsive at all, or protected at all by the vaccines. So 42% of 90,000 proven delta cases in the U.K. have been vaccinated. In Israel, the estimate right now from the Israel health authorities that the vaccine efficacy rate is only about 60 to 70%. So we expect delta cases and in fully vaccinated individuals. It will be a mild rise. It’s easily treatable in high-risk patients. There is no reason right now, no clinical reason to go get vaccinated.”

As we’ll explain, McCullough, who has previously been a source of COVID-19 misinformation, including about vaccines, is correct about the Israeli percentage, but wrong about the U.K. one — and there is an abundance of data contradicting his claim that the vaccines do nothing against the delta variant.

As for the idea that COVID-19 is “easily treatable,” there is little to support that notion as well, especially with hundreds of Americans still dying every day from the disease.

“You’re much, much better off being vaccinated than not,” Frederic Bushman, co-director of the University of Pennsylvania’s Center for Research on Coronaviruses and Other Emerging Pathogens, told us. “The delta variant may reduce the effectiveness [of the vaccines] a little, but still they’re so effective that you get a lot of benefit.”

Continue reading here: https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/vaccines-remain-largely-effective-against-delta-variant-counter-to-claims-from-fox-news-guest/

Edited by zskins

Trump made a conscious play in Summer 20 to spread and exacerbate the virus as much as possible.  In the hopes that the resulting terror would destabilize the the country to the degree that he could postpone or cancel the election.  When that didn’t come off, he still went all in on the insurrection.  Couldn’t swing that either…yet.

Thats it.  That was the plan.  Nothing more.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Trump made a conscious play in Summer 20 to spread and exacerbate the virus as much as possible.  In the hopes that the resulting terror would destabilize the the country to the degree that he could postpone or cancel the election.  When that didn’t come off, he still went all in on the insurrection.  Still mucked it up.

Thats it.  That was the plan.  Nothing more.

That is exactly what I said last year before the election. If we didn't have a buffoon running the White House then 80% or more of the people would have had the vaccine by now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mojo said:

And now the CDC is saying the delta variant is passed as easily by the vaxed as it is by unvaxed

You mean, my vaccination means that I'm protected against getting sick, but I can still infect Trumpers?  

This vaccine keeps getting better.  

And I now support the GOP's efforts tro block all mask wearing, or any other attempts to limit spread.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

You mean, my vaccination means that I'm protected against getting sick, but I can still infect Trumpers?  

This vaccine keeps getting better.  

And I now support the GOP's efforts tro block all mask wearing, or any other attempts to limit spread.  

Sorry, it’s the Delta so you’re dead too.  But since you’re vaxxed, you can have  ‘I win’ engraved on your tombstone.

1 minute ago, mojo said:

Sorry, it’s the Delta so you’re dead too.  But since you’re vaxxed, you can have  ‘I win’ engraved on your tombstone.

Not what I'm hearing.  The vaccine is still effective against Delta causing illness or death (to me.)  It's slightly less effective.  But what I'm reading is that it like 88% effective at preventing symptomatic illness.  (As compared to being 93% effective against Covid 1.0.)  It's just not effective at preventing spread.  

• Thanks 1