Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking former Trump officials

TheGreatBuzz

On 7/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, China said:

Lin Wood may face punishment after sharing clip of Michigan election sanctions hearing

Lin Wood, an attorney who has vehemently argued fraud cost former President Donald Trump the 2020 election, was one of several attorneys summoned to a hearing Monday by U.S. District Judge Linda Parker. Sidney Powell and other Trump-supporting attorneys filed lawsuits in Michigan and elsewhere that relied on conspiracies and lies to allege election misconduct. 

In accordance with local court rules, all participants and viewers of the virtual proceeding were not allowed to digitally record any of the six-hour hearing. However, Wood appeared to post a recording of Powell speaking during the hearing to Telegram, a social media platform where Wood has more than 840,000 subscribers. 

Michigan officials demand pro-Trump lawyers reimburse state for costs of election case

Officials in Michigan have filed a request for pro-Trump lawyers to pay roughly $200,000 in reimbursements for legal fees and other costs associated with their challenges of the presidential election in the state.

President Biden defeated former President Trump in Michigan. Lawyers backing Trump initiated an unsuccessful lawsuit challenging the results.

The office of Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) confirmed to The Hill that it had filed a request Wednesday for nearly $22,000 in reimbursements for attorney's fees on behalf of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson (D), two of the defendants in the case. 

Meanwhile, the city of Detroit requested about $18,000 for fees paid to a private law firm to fight back against the lawsuit promoting former President Trump's unsubstantiated election claims, according to Reuters. 

The Hill has reached out to Detroit city officials for additional information. 

Last month, U.S. District Judge Linda Parker ordered sanctions against Trump-allied lawyers, including ex-campaign attorney Sidney Powell and prominent lawyer Lin Wood, ordering them to pay the legal fees of city and state elections officials involved in the case. 

Parker, an Obama appointee who dismissed the pro-Trump lawsuit in December, had not specified an exact reimbursement amount, though she is now expected to review the $200,000 request for approval. 

Click on the link for the full article

On 9/9/2021 at 12:47 PM, China said:

Scoop: The most dangerous Trump exposé

Stephanie Grisham has quietly written a top-secret memoir of her four years in Donald Trump's White House, and a publishing source says she'll reveal "surprising new scandals."

What to watch: The book — "I'll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw in The Trump White House" — will be published Oct. 5 by Harper Collins.

A former West Wing colleague of Grisham's tells Axios: "When I heard this, all I could think about was Stephanie surrounded by a lake of gasoline, striking a match with a grin on her face."

A source close to the publication told Axios: "Grisham knows where all the bodies are buried because she buried a lot of them herself."

The source says Grisham "has receipts ... she was a press person and it was her job to make sure she knew what was happening."

Why it matters: Grisham is the only person to have served as a top aide to both President Trump (White House press secretary and communications direct0r) and first lady Melania Trump (chief of staff).

She knows the family well and will shed new light on their dynamics with her first-person account, the sources said.

Between the lines: Melania Trump guarded her privacy intensely and trusted almost nobody during her time as first lady. Grisham, as her chief of staff, was one of the very few allowed into her inner sanctum.

She saw another side of the Trumps — in the residence — that most staffers never got to see.

Behind the scenes: Until now, only a handful of people knew of the book's existence. Grisham has deliberately kept a low profile since she resigned on Jan. 6.

Click on the link for the full story

POLITICO Playbook: Grisham dishes on Melania

At 1:25 p.m. on Jan. 6, soon after rioters had broken through barricades outside of the Capitol, MELANIA TRUMP received a text message from her then-chief of staff, STEPHANIE GRISHAM.

“Do you want to tweet that peaceful protests are the right of every American, but there is no place for lawlessness and violence?” Grisham asked the first lady.

A minute later, Melania replied with a one-word answer: “No.” At that moment, she was at the White House preparing for a photo shoot of a rug she had selected, according to exclusive excerpts of Grisham’s forthcoming book, “I’ll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw in The Trump White House,” obtained by POLITICO.

Click on the link for more

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

Pence preps for potential 2024 presidential run amid rocky headlines about relationship with Trump

Mike Pence is adding staffers for his brand-new office in downtown Washington -- inching closer to a possible White House run even as his standing worsens with former President Donald Trump and his base of supporters.

The former vice president's ramp-up comes as Trump appears to be making good on his declaration to Pence that "I don't want to be your friend anymore." That quote, first reported this week, is attributed to Trump in a forthcoming book by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

The last conversation between the two Republican leaders was a phone call from Trump in April, Republican sources tell CNN, wishing Pence well as the former vice president recovered from heart surgery.

Pence isn't waiting to make up with his former running mate -- nor is he waiting for the former President to make up his own mind about his political future. People around Pence rejected the idea that he would hold off on his 2024 planning until Trump announces whether he'll run.

"Mike is going to look at this and say, 'Where am I being called to serve?' " said one person close to Pence. "That's not going to be thwarted by any man or woman."

"If he feels called to do this," the adviser went on, "it's not going to be because of who else is in the race."

Top aides to Pence told CNN this week that the Indiana Republican has doubled his team to about 20 people this summer. He's also added a top Republican fundraiser, John Fogarty, and new office space for his non-profit group, Advancing American Freedom.

At the moment, most other potential GOP contenders are tiptoeing around Trump, either suggesting they won't run if he does or, like former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, blatantly saying so publicly.

That's not so with Pence. Though aides are reluctant to spell out his plan, some parts of it seem evident in the way he has been expanding his operation and adding to his schedule -- all amid headlines that don't exactly improve his appeal to the Trump faithful.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

Trump donor: Corey Lewandowski made unwanted sexual advances

A Donald Trump donor is accusing Corey Lewandowski, one of the former president’s longtime top aides, of making unwanted sexual advances toward her at a Las Vegas charity event over the weekend.

Trashelle Odom, the wife of Idaho construction executive John Odom, alleges that Lewandowski repeatedly touched her, including on her leg and buttocks, and spoke to her in sexually graphic terms. Odom said that Lewandowski “stalked” her throughout the evening.

Four people who were first-hand witnesses at the event corroborated Odom’s allegations. POLITICO also spoke with two people — one who was at the event and another who was not — who described conversations they had with Odom about the incidents immediately after they happened.

“On the evening of September 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada, I attended a dinner to support a charity and spend time with wonderful friends,” Odom said in a statement to POLITICO. “He repeatedly touched me inappropriately, said vile and disgusting things to me, stalked me, and made me feel violated and fearful,” she said, referring to Lewandowski.

“I am coming forward because he needs to be held accountable,” Odom continued.

Trump asks Florida judge to force Twitter to restart his account

Former U.S. President Donald Trump asked a federal judge in Florida on Friday to ask Twitter to restore his account, which the company removed in January citing a risk of incitement of violence.

Trump filed a request for preliminary injunction against Twitter in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, arguing the social media company was "coerced" by members of the U.S. Congress to suspend his account.

Twitter and several other social media platforms banned Trump from their services after a mob of his supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot on Jan. 6.

That assault followed a speech by Trump in which he reiterated false claims that his election loss in November was because of widespread fraud, an assertion rejected by multiple courts and state election officials.

Twitter "exercises a degree of power and control over political discourse in this country that is immeasurable, historically unprecedented, and profoundly dangerous to open democratic debate," Trump's lawyers said in the filing. The filing was reported earlier by Bloomberg.

Twitter declined to comment on the filing when contacted by Reuters.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:50 PM, China said:

Trump donor: Corey Lewandowski made unwanted sexual advances

A Donald Trump donor is accusing Corey Lewandowski, one of the former president’s longtime top aides, of making unwanted sexual advances toward her at a Las Vegas charity event over the weekend.

Trashelle Odom, the wife of Idaho construction executive John Odom, alleges that Lewandowski repeatedly touched her, including on her leg and buttocks, and spoke to her in sexually graphic terms. Odom said that Lewandowski “stalked” her throughout the evening.

Four people who were first-hand witnesses at the event corroborated Odom’s allegations. POLITICO also spoke with two people — one who was at the event and another who was not — who described conversations they had with Odom about the incidents immediately after they happened.

“On the evening of September 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada, I attended a dinner to support a charity and spend time with wonderful friends,” Odom said in a statement to POLITICO. “He repeatedly touched me inappropriately, said vile and disgusting things to me, stalked me, and made me feel violated and fearful,” she said, referring to Lewandowski.

“I am coming forward because he needs to be held accountable,” Odom continued.

Married Trump donor tells police she feared for her safety when Corey Lewandowski told her 'he stabbed a man in the back of the head and killed him' as her husband slams the political operative's 'violent and harassing' behavior

A married Trump donor has told police she feared for her safety when former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski 'told her he stabbed a man in the back of the head and killed him,' at a Las Vegas fundraiser where he 'stalked' and repeatedly touched her, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Trashelle Odom, of Boise, Idaho, the wife of a construction company executive, claimed in the police report obtained by DailyMail.com that the married Lewandowski said that he 'was from a bad part of Boston and to have killed people,' while seated next to her at the charity dinner at the Westgate Hotel in Las Vegas on on September 26. 

Odom claimed that on the night of the dinner - which she was personally invited to with South Dakota Gov Kristi Noem by American socialite Jackie Siegel - she was frightened when he allegedly told her: 'When I was 10, I stabbed someone over and over again, killing him. She added that the father-of-four told her that when he was older, he 'stabbed a man in the back of the head, also killing him'.

'I initially believed that he was joking and attempted to laugh it off,' she noted but the statements came after Lewandowski had already made unwanted sexual advanced towards her.

'Lewandowski proceeded to come on to me aggressively by first stating that, he works out twice a day, that he runs 400miles a week, and that's why he can last for eight hours at a time in bed,' Odom claimed Lewandowski said to her, according to the police statement. 

It’s Been Quite a Week for Bozo Behavior in Donald Trump’s Extended Circle of Bozos

OCT 01, 20212:08 PM
Kristi Noem, Corey Lewandowski, and Donald Trump
Kristi Noem, Corey Lewandowski, and Donald Trump. Photo illustration by Slate. Photos by Drew Angerer/Getty Images, Alex Wong/Getty Images, and Brandon Bell/Getty Images.

This week has delivered a barge of news about garbage behavior among Donald Trump’s circle of associates, and it practically begs for a Friday afternoon recap on the internet. You’ve seen headlines about South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, perpetually disgraced Trump 2016 campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, affairs, groping, resignations, and, most disturbingly, real estate appraisals; you’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.

What’s the deal?

This week, Noem—who has been discussed as a potential running mate for Trump in 2024, or as a potential candidate if he doesn’t run—denied a report published on the website American Greatness that claimed she has been having an extramarital affair with Lewandowski. She also denied an AP report that she’d intervened inappropriately when her daughter’s application for a real estate appraisal license was rejected. Lewandowski was, additionally, the subject of a Politico report that quotes at length from a statement provided by an attorney for Trump donor named Trashelle Odom; according to the statement, Lewandowski repeatedly touched and verbally harassed Odom over an extended period of time during a Sunday, Sept. 26, charity event in Las Vegas. Politico says Odom’s account is backed up by other eyewitness accounts and that Lewandowski “appeared to be intoxicated” during the events described.

<<more at link>>>

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/10/kristi-noem-corey-lewandowski-affair-allegations-real-estate-license-las-vegas.html

slate has got this covered ... :)

Ryan Zinke is Running for Office Again in Montana. On Instagram, He’s Often in Santa Barbara.

Ryan Zinke likes to tout his fifth-generation Montana roots. On his first day as Donald Trump’s Interior secretary, in 2017, the tall, boot-clad ex-Navy Seal famously galloped to work on horseback in blue jeans and a black cowboy hat. This past June, when Zinke kicked off a new congressional campaign, he cruised on the back of a Harley Davidson through some of the state’s most picturesque backdrops, from Glacier National Park to Billings, Montana’s largest city. His wife, Lolita, documented the tour on Instagram with the hashtag #Montanalife.

“I grew up in Montana, where if someone’s barn is on fire, you don’t ask whether he’s Republican or Democrat,” Zinke told a local TV station after filing his campaign paperwork in April. “What I care about is: Do you love your country, and do we want to improve our conditions for others around us in Montana?”

Zinke, 59, right now appears to be the leading candidate to represent Montana’s newly designated 2nd congressional district. He has Trump’s endorsement and strong name recognition. But his opponents have seized on a weak point for a politician running as a son of Montana.

“We really haven’t seen him in Montana,” said Cora Neumann, a Democrat from Bozeman who is one of four candidates running against Zinke so far.

As a candidate, Zinke already has his share of questions to answer: It’s been almost three years since he resigned from the Interior Department amid a series of ethics scandals and federal investigations, some of which were referred to the Department of Justice. But in Montana, perhaps the most acute question now is about exactly where he lives.

It’s long been known that Zinke splits his time between Whitefish and Santa Barbara, California, where his wife owns property and a yacht — a point critics have seized on in his previous congressional races, in 2014 and 2016. And over the past several months, Zinke has conspicuously traveled across Montana, frequently posting photos on his new Instagram account, @zinkeformontana. But when I visited the state over the summer, a half-dozen residents of Whitefish and the closest city, Kalispell, told me that, until Zinke launched his most recent campaign, they hadn’t seen him around much since he left Washington in late 2018. The most recently available FEC data shows Zinke has received campaign donations — about $181,000, as of July — largely from non-Montanans, as well.

Donald Trump’s own treasury secretary blocked Ivanka World Bank role – report

Only direct intervention from his own treasury secretary stopped Donald Trump nominating his daughter, Ivanka Trump, to lead the World Bank, according to a new report.

Citing two anonymous sources, the Intercept said the appointment “came incredibly close to happening” in January 2019, but for Steven Mnuchin’s decision to step in.

Mnuchin, a Goldman Sachs banker and film producer, stayed in the post for all Trump’s four years in office, a rare feat among Trump’s cabinet picks and advisers.

The head of the World Bank is always chosen by the US. In January 2019, Jim Yong Kim resigned. Rumours abounded that Ivanka Trump, an executive in the Trump Organization before her father entered politics, would be chosen.

Three months later, Trump told the Atlantic: “I even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank … she would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers.”

If he had nominated his daughter, Trump said, “they’d say nepotism, when it would’ve had nothing to do with nepotism. But she would’ve been incredible.”

Ivanka Trump told reporters her father offered her the job but she turned it down, as she was “happy with the work” as a senior White House adviser.

She filled that role for all four years of her father’s term – attracting widespread accusations of nepotism and profiting from her office.

She helped select the new World Bank head, David Malpass, then undersecretary of the treasury for international affairs and a controversial choice.

Scott Morris, director of the US development policy program at the Center for Global Development in Washington, told the Intercept “a growing number of countries” are not happy that the US always picks the World Bank head.

“For them to hear how close it was to being the US president’s daughter probably adds fuel to the fire that the Americans are so cavalier about this,” he said.

In April 2019, the Atlantic also reported that Trump sometimes called Ivanka “baby” during meetings, and said: “If she ever wanted to run for president I think she’d be very, very hard to beat.”

Rick Gates, a former Trump aide, has claimed Trump wanted his daughter to be his running mate in 2016.