Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

56 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I stand by the position that ousting Kyle Smith was a mistake

I was with you up until then. Ron should have gone with Rick Smith who we were in the mix for until inexplicably hiring Hurney and Mayhew on back to back days. 

34 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was high on the hiring of RR, I believe he is a good man and a pretty good head coach. But I said at the time giving him full power was a terrible mistake.  The only times it worked is when that coach/GM had Brady or Wilson, it failed every other time and it was destined to fail here. 

I got a lot of heat a few weeks ago when I questioned this roster.  As I said the best players on this team were here when RR arrived, he most definitely did not improved the roster.  These holes were very easy to see before the season started.   I stand by the position that ousting Kyle Smith was a mistake , 

The problem is, can Dan get a respected coach without giving him full power?   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera and this FO sold their soul for Wentz thinking getting him was going fix everything.  The price they paid was $28M, Erick Flowers, Matt Ionidis, and any depth in the secondary, on the DL, LBs, and the OL.

Do you know how Matt Ioannidis is doing right now? Do you know who Ereck Flowers currently plays for? Do you know how many injuries our OL and DL have had these 1st two weeks? This team isn't good, but most of this rant is Reverse Ashburn Syndrome--where they were let go, so the MUST be good.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Do you know how Matt Ioannidis is doing right now? Do you know who Ereck Flowers currently plays for? Do you know how many injuries our OL and DL have had these 1st two weeks? This team isn't good, but most of this rant is Reverse Ashburn Syndrome--where they were let go, so the MUST be good.

I would rather have those guys on this team instead of the guys they have on offense and defense.  This decision making by this front office was very piss poor and now we're seeing the results of those decisions.  

45 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I would rather have those guys on this team instead of the guys they have on offense and defense.  This decision making by this front office was very piss poor and now we're seeing the results of those decisions.  

I agree.  The OL added depth but I just didn't see a good staring group.  They were clearly below average. The DL went from a team strength to a spot with very little depth. And the linebackers. Why oh why wasn't that discussed all offseason and throughout camp?  I never understood that, it was clearly a terrible group with exactly one player capable of starting and he was changing positions.  

I never claimed Kyle Smith was great, but he is surely better than the people who replaced him.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

**** you Dan! I’m angry and it’s all your fault! Just go the **** away so I can be happy! 

12 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Go to sleep Cooley, the team isn't worth raising your blood pressure over.

What is fascinating to me is that I can honestly and with pure intent give double fisting emojis to both of the posts above because even though they may be in diametric opposition they ring true to my very core.

Should we advocate for regime change that may never happen (at least in my lifetime) or just stop caring so much to protect ourselves from untold psychic and physical harm?

This is the near hopeless quandry faced by those of us who are true fans of this team.

😟

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

Flowers apparently weighs 400lbs and is not rostered.

Matty I is ranked in the 50’s on PFF.

Landon Collins apparently has zero desire to play the positions he’s best in and is not rostered or even on anyones radar.

The only loss we can really feel IMO is Settle.

The issue is not that those guys are missing but more so how they’ve been replaced, or the lack thereof.

I’ve said all along that something stinks about our lack of movement in the offseason.  It’s just really odd to me that Ron would prefer make due with less.  He’d be the first head coach to ever willfully make that decision.  The primary argument against coaches having all the power is the fact that they only care about right now. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Flowers apparently weighs 400lbs and is not rostered.

Matty I is ranked in the 50’s on PFF.

Landon Collins apparently has zero desire to play the positions he’s best in and is not rostered or even on anyones radar.

The only loss we can really feel IMO is Settle.

The issue is not that those guys are missing but more so how they’ve been replaced, or the lack thereof.

I’ve said all along that something stinks about our lack of movement in the offseason.  It’s just really odd to me that Ron would prefer make due with less.  He’d be the first head coach to ever willfully make that decision.  The primary argument against coaches having all the power is the fact that they only care about right now. 

Even Settle has been meh. Part of the depth issue is injuries which will wreck anyone's depth. The other, as @Skinsinparadise has speculated is Danny isn't as flush as he once was and closed the purse strings after Wentz.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera and this FO sold their soul for Wentz thinking getting him was going fix everything.  The price they paid was $28M, Erick Flowers, Matt Ionidis, and any depth in the secondary, on the DL, LBs, and the OL.

This is a big reason as to why Rivera should not function as both a head coach and general manager.  He's been consistently mediocre at one job and pretty terrible at the other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

This is a big reason as to why Rivera should not function as both a head coach and general manager.  He's been consistently mediocre at one job and pretty terrible at the other.  

I would say he's been okay at both--he has brought in some talent--just not consistently. There is also the Snyder Effect.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Dan snyder has no effect on the quality of players drafted or drafting philosophies 

Absolutely he does.  It affects the quality of people who want to come here profoundly.  People who are worth anything do not want to invest in an organization that's riddled with scandal's and possibly illegal activity.  If you don't think this affects the quality of players (or their work ethic) you have on the team,  I have a bridge in New York for sale with your name on it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bh32 said:

Ron should of blown this roster up the first year and started from scratch...Yeah they would of sucked,but they would be in a position to draft a franchise QB and other quality players for the first couple years..Then by year three the team would start hitting it's stride.

Yep.

AAAANDDD...unfortunately, Ron sealed our fate in his very first presser by declaring neither he nor Dan had the "patience" for a rebuild.  The result: a team that is not appreciably better (while all our division foes are indeed becoming so) than it was when he first took over, still doesn't have the true answer at QB, and is woefully thin just about everywhere except WR.

Poorly constructed team, poorly coached team by just about every coach.   

No hope - NONE - in sight.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Dan snyder has no effect on the quality of players drafted or drafting philosophies 

Well, we've been doing fairly well drafting under Rivera:

2022 Draft: Dotson looks good, Robinson looks good, Howell flashed in the pre-season, and Turner might be a sleeper, TBD. Mathis is an inc. since he got hurt.

2021: Davis is not good, but at least improving. So TBD. Cosmi has looked good, this week not withstanding, BSJ has shown promise, as has Derrick Forrest.

2020: 2 starters in Young and Curl, good player in Gibson and depth in James Smith-Williams

• Like 1

Just now, srtman04 said:

Absolutely he does.  It affects the quality of people who want to come here profoundly.  People who are worth anything do not want to invest in an organization that's riddled with scandal's and possibly illegal activity.  If you don't think this affects the quality of players (or their work ethic) you have on the team,  I have a bridge in New York for sale with your name on it.  

Even if I give a pass on that stuff and work under the guise that players don’t pay much attention to scandals, the history on Dan overall is terribly negative as is the teams record under his ownership, the facilities pale in comparison to some Texas high schools, the stadium is trash and has a home field disadvantage.  I could keep going on but all of that stuff ties directly back to Snyder and how he operates the team.  The grass generally is always greener elsewhere.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Yep.

AAAANDDD...unfortunately, Ron sealed our fate in his very first presser by declaring neither he nor Dan had the "patience" for a rebuild.  The result: a team that is not appreciably better (while all our division foes are indeed becoming so) than it was when he first took over, still doesn't have the true answer at QB, and is woefully thin just about everywhere except WR.

Poorly constructed team, poorly coached team by just about every coach.   

No hope - NONE - in sight.  

Its a mediocre rebuild built on a failed previous roster. It never gets torn down and rebuilt. The foundation sucks. 

Ron still blaming players mostly in his presser... 

Edited by Zim489
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Rivera's pressers are getting harder to watch each week.   It's only a matter of time before he starts with "I'm just here so I don't get fined"  

Prediction: after our loss to Dallas, he’ll say “well, we have 13 games left” 🙄

yeah, and the sky is blue. Doesn’t change your 1-3 record!!!! Idiot!!!

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thumb up 1