Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Apparently Rich McKay and Snyder talking trade....

michael_33

Originally posted by johnyquest

2 top 10 draft picks this year would be fun.. sean taylor, tommie harris anyone?

duckett is no better than rock though.

I actually think Rock is a better RB than Duckett, faster and just as dependable on short yardage (with the exception of that fumble in the Carolina game)

Originally posted by milliondollarslim

believe me, if you are a skins fan you don't want Rich McKay making trades with Snyder/Cerrato. that would be like asking your granny (Snyder) to fight Roy Jones Jr. (McKay).

I thought Rich Mckay was a loser ever since he was rolling Michael Vicks wheel chair when he broke his leg

Originally posted by Equality

I actually think Rock is a better RB than Duckett, faster and just as dependable on short yardage (with the exception of that fumble in the Carolina game)

Please stop the madness. Duckett is faster and a better short yardage back. When it takes you almost 3 tries to punch it in from the 1 normally and it takes Duckett 1 try, who is the better short yardage back :doh:

The Falcons aren't trading their best DE (Kearney), their best TE (Crumpler), and the best short yardage back (Duckett) for the Redskins #2 Receiver (Gardner), an overated CB (Bailey), and an average safety (Iffy).

Are you guys Nuts? Back to reality fellas.

I'd take Gardner for Duckett straight up. I'd pound that Mo-Fo into the line about 25-30 times a game... to the point he'd be wishing he was back with the Falcons getting 10-15 rushes a game to keep the defense off of Vick. Then I'd sprinkle in play-action and have Ramsey looking 30 yards downfield on every series.

I'd take Duckett for Champ and their #1 pick straight up. See above for the MO-FO.... and I'd draft Harris and Taylor in Rd #1 and then field calls about how we just went from outhouse to penthouse in terms of defense.

I'd take Duckett and Crumpler for Champ and Gardner straight up. See above about the MO-FO.... and i'd throw the ball to Crumpler five times a game and have him run over people. The kid is a monster, good hands and quick feet.... a capable blocker.

I agree CSkin. Duckett hasn't looked all that great, however the Falcons have a truly awful OL. If we could do the Gardner, Iffy, Champ trade for Crumpler, Duckett, and Kerney I'd have to quote Coles "What are you still talking to me for ? Take it quick before he changes his mind!"

Originally posted by michael_33

and my friend e-mails me a link about McKay and Snyder in "trade talks"...

And my friend is not a gamer either as far as video games is concerned,so I know that is a fact!

I don't put any credence to email you got from your friend about Snyder and McKay in "trade talks." First of all, McKay just became the GM a week or so ago for the Atlanta Falcons, and he will need time to assess their strengths and weaknesses through game film and most importantly they need a new head coach first. The new head coach will then determine what their needs are in consultation with their FO, after he and his coaching staff evaluate film. You don't start talking trade with another team within one week of getting a new job and before your new head coach is on board. :laugh:

But most importantly, the trade deadline was October 15th. Neither team can be talking trade now or since that date, with out the risk of a tampering charge and penalty from the NFL.

For these reasons, your friend's email is nothing but someone's personal speculation if you ask me. :)

That said I do believe there is a possibility of Champ being traded to Atlanta after the season -- but trade talks can't commense before Feb 1st or March 1st, I can't remember when -- but right now we don't even know whether their #1 draft pick or ours will be higher. :)

And there were rumors that teams inquired about trading for T.J. Duckett back in September -- Dallas and Detroit -- but were rebuffed then by Atlanta. Duckett may well be traded but no one is talking to Atlanta now about any trade. :)

Bailey for Duckett is not even worth a discussion.

We can get two #1 picks or the equivalent for him after he is franchised, why would we want a player whose team now admits he is not what they thought he was going to be?

Trading Bailey for Duckett and a #1 pick ultimately means trading Bailey for just a #1 pick as Duckett is no lock to be a starter.

no deal.

I think Duckett is better than most of you think. I saw some of his games last year, and he did show some speed, and he is definitely a load to bring down. I don't think Duckett is a great back, but he's not a bust a la Dayne IMO, and would definitely be a good "mofo to pound up the middle". Only problem there is that we all know that Steve won't be doing any pounding it up the middle, so what's the point. I think more likely Spurrier would want a good all around back that he can pitch it to out of the backfield, like the kid from Mich.

I also don't see Atlanta giving up Crumpler or having a big interest in Gardner. Crumpler has been huge for them and their go to guy, and they have a decent possesion reciever in Finneran.

I think it is very likely that the Falcons want Bailey, but what would they give up for him. I would take their first and Crumpler in a heartbeat, but I don't think they would go for that. Maybe if we threw in the OBC...

This is truly pathetic. How many years in a row has it been that Redskin fans are talking about trades and draft picks before X-mas?

In regards to Bailey, if we want to field a better team we can not afford to resign him. I don't care how good our db's are as long as we lack a pass rush it doesn't really matter. I don't have a read on Duckett either way but getting there first and Crumpler for Champ is appealing. That would give us 2 picks in the top ten but, with our luck we wouldn't use the picks on a dt or de.

Does anyone know who the blue chip dt's and de's are going to be in next year's draft? I wonder if someone has caught Snyder's eye and this is really one of his plans to acquire the guy.

MY CHRISTAMS LIST~FOR THE OFFSEASON

trade bailey for a first rd pk

and re-sign ALL of our free agents

with our 2 1st rd picks now draft a DE and a DT....

SNYDERS LIST~

cut bailey ...resign molden:doh:

draft a receiver.....

give david terrell a HUGE signing bonus for not screwing up any noticable plays this year...._-

bottom line- He'll do the opposite of what we think, hope and need.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :thud:

I think the rumor is absurd. Snyder and Cerrato had a nice offseason in '03. I like the way they handled things, although they could have shown a little more restraint and patience in their negotiations with one or two of the players they signed(I'm speaking generally there). Seems like Snyder is buying into the continuity idea, which is a '180' on how he first was. I think it's obvious that they want to upgrade the DL and they will either resign Champ or get a bunch of picks for his rights. They'll also have a high first round pick which come draft day will be highly coveted. I think the formula they followed last year will be how they go about things again. On a side note, the Washington area media seem like a bunch of pricks like up here in Boston with the Red Sox. Every atom is scrutinized and criticized and it's annoying and they never shut up or stop. Yes, Spurrier hasn't handled it all to well but he'll get through and be a better person and coach for it. Year one was a learning year for him with a team that wasn't 'his'. Last offseason was a success save for the DL signings. They've played alot of close games and haven't given up even with a very tough schedule. One more year will tell us whether hiring Spurrier was the right way to go. Hopefully(of course) next year will be a big success and the OBC will finally be vindicated. If it fails hopefully Snyder will pull a 'Jerry Jones' and just give the run of the team to a solid, proven, veteran coach. Until then, we have to be hopeful.

Archived