Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Apparently Rich McKay and Snyder talking trade....

michael_33

Originally posted by John Weathers

If we dont keep him what will the other players think?

That no one player is indispensable?

That if you want obscene money, you better play obscenely well?

and most importantly....

More money for ME!

I don't care what 'the players' think. We've had enough spouting off from Smith, Jansen, and others as to what they 'think' this year. The organization should do what it deems best for the long-term interest of the Redskins, the players should trust their judgement, and everybody should keep their yaps shut.

One of our leaders????? Of what????

We suck.

And he's turned down the 16 mill SB we offered and the 50 plus million contract. He's not even worth that.

You need to take a quick lesson in how the salary cap works and how signing Champ will prevent us from signing Dline help.

Bruce was too old when he came but Jansen deserved his money that is what the game has become. If our owner wouldn't give his money away so easily our players wouldn't want so much of it. We need to keep Bailey because he is one of our best players and one of our leaders. We dont even have a player that has been on the team longer then him or Jansen. Very soon we wont know whose on the team because it will change every year that is why our ship has sunk.

As a very intelligent person once said... "We lost with you, we can lose without you."

Does anyone give a damn what Champ THINKS he deserves based on large contracts he sees other players get? Almost every single one of those contracts turned out to be a HUGE waste of money. The players are inherently selfish 99.95% of the time. They will claim they want to win, but will do nothing to sign reasonable contracts that allow organizations to construct talented, balanced rosters. If he thinks he deserves that much money, then fine, let him find it... elsewhere.

Two interceptions and 8 passes defensed this year. Yeah, those numbers certainly deserve a 15 million dollar signing bonus. I'd trade champ for that rookie in Chicago straight up right now.

I got this link from my friend,but I don't believe this is the correct one....

He has sources that work for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution...

But this is what he sent me...

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/1203/16quest.html

I'm still looking for the actual source,so maybe someone here can find it as well....

I do know that this was an article and NOT... by ear....

So bare with me....

:shot:

In his recent link he added that the guys that were involved in this "trade talk" were....

Falcons interested in 1)R.Gardner

2)C.Bailey (ufa)

3)I.Ohalete (rfa)

4)and possibly D.Dockery

Why they would tip their hand...I have no idea?But I'm just relaying the source....

The Redskins are interested in 1)T.J Duckett

2)Patrick Kearney

3)Alge Crumpler

4)and possibly Todd Mclure

Originally posted by michael_33

In his recent link he added that the guys that were involved in this "trade talk" were....

Falcons interested in 1)R.Gardner

2)C.Bailey (ufa)

3)I.Ohalete (rfa)

4)and possibly D.Dockery

Why they would tip their hand...I have no idea?But I'm just relaying the source....

The Redskins are interested in 1)T.J Duckett

2)Patrick Kearney

3)Alge Crumpler

4)and possibly Todd Mclure

Well that makes me call bullcrap.

The off season is right around the corner we need to correct a lot of things on our football team. One thing for sure in sports is the good players all get paid and we have to suffer. He is one of the best if not the best and his SB will have a lot of zeros on it I just hope Danny Boys signature is on the check and not somebody elses.

That is true with a lot of players but the system doesn't work that way and the Agents know it. We can say the same thing about Lavar he's greedy also. When a player gets the chance for a new contract he has to get the max especially in football if Champ was on the free market he may very well get 20 mil. His agent knows it and he knows it. We cant get around that D-Russell will want some money D Gardner left because he got more money from Denver. He play like crap this year and probably wont be on there team next year but he got paid and his agent made sure of it. Champ will too that is the system and it wont change any time some so let the talks begin.

Originally posted by CrankyTodd

Hmm...

Rod Gardner and Champ's rights for Patrick Kerney, Algae Crumpler, and a first rounder?

If possible I would jump on this. McCants isn't that much of a drop off from Gardner. Our DL repair would start with Kerney. TE situation is great now.

And our losses, I could stand. We would have to pick of a CB in free agency and mabye a low profile hard-working RB. But thats it in FA. In the draft we get 2 DL in the top 10 (:D). Problems solved. If it was only that simple though.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133336

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235206

CHECK this out!!

I was just doing my daily web-surfing and look what I ran across?

Of course...This is by no means... mean that what I have posted is going to happen as soon as the Skins-eagles games has ended....

But I thought It was interesting none-the-less...

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28252

Maybe the rumors are leaking faster and faster every moment...

Guys....I have a feeling we might be dealing with the Falcons before to long....

Where there is smoke....there is fire!

I just hope we don't do anything stupid?

Originally posted by Kilmer17

One of our leaders????? Of what????

We suck.

And he's turned down the 16 mill SB we offered and the 50 plus million contract. He's not even worth that.

To defend champ that was a pathetic contract and we all know it. Only 7 million of it was actully gauranteed. If all 14 million were he would have taken it.

Jbooma...On this site...a lot of people keep tabs on their respected teams....

I wasn't saying this is a repredable source...I was only posting it cause I found it quite a coinidence that this topic has been talked about before I got this source this morning....

And on the particular site I posted,they don't talk about fantasy football or gaming or who to trade in their franchise in the game....They talk about subjects that are happening at the time....

are you telling me?You don't find it strange at all that these falcon fans are having trade talks about T.J duckett and my friend e-mails me a link about McKay and Snyder in "trade talks"...

And my friend is not a gamer either as far as video games is concerned,so I know that is a fact!

Archived