Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: This playboy tortoise had so much sex he saved his entire species. Now he's going home

Cooked Crack

A womanizing tortoise whose rampant sex life may have single-handedly saved his entire species from extinction has retired from his playboy lifestyle, returning to the wild with his mission accomplished.

Diego's unstoppable libido was credited as a major reason for the survival of his fellow giant tortoises on Espanola, part of the Galapagos Islands, after being shipped over from the San Diego Zoo as part of a breeding program.

When he started his campaign of promiscuity, there were just two males and 12 females of his species alive on the island.

But the desirable shell-dweller had so much sex he helped boost the population to over 2,000. The Galapagos National Parks service believe the 100-year-old tortoise is the patriarch of around 40% of that population.

P1QYppj.gif

When I was a kid my parents took our family to an aquarium and they had a young dolphin named Squirt. So Squirt starts sexing every thing that moves and my dad goes “Squirt’s getting him some!!” loud enough for our entire group (which is 60% kids) to hear. All the parents and our 19 year-old female tour guide are aghast so of course he then says, “now we know why they named him Squirt”.

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

When I was a kid my parents took our family to an aquarium and they had a young dolphin named Squirt. So Squirt starts sexing every thing that moves and my dad goes “Squirt’s getting him some!!” loud enough for our entire group (which is 60% kids) to hear. All the parents and our 19 year-old female tour guide are aghast so of course he then says, “now we know why they named him Squirt”.

This explains so much about Sacks, the ES personality. 

Archived