Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

How did COVID-19 get here is the question, but not the media or anyone wants to talk about it. They want to talk about the cases and deaths. Don't get me wrong COVID-19 is a serious virus and killed millions of people. Nobody wants to talk about it or put any effort of how it got here. Why is that?  I look at it like this if someone murdered your family you would want the authorities to find the killer right?

• Thumb down 1

Just now, RedskinsVa7 said:

How did COVID-19 get here is the question, but not the media or anyone wants to talk about it. They want to talk about the cases and deaths. Don't get me wrong COVID-19 is a serious virus and killed millions of people. Nobody wants to talk about it or put any effort of how it got here. Why is that?  I look at it like this if someone murdered your family you would want the authorities to find the killer right?

Because it's old hat. Has been for like a year. Covid came here from Europe by plane. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN2262NJ

9 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

um. I think it’s talked about a lot. Or has been. 

What I’ve seen are people that don’t like how it’s being talked about. Like they want it to be the cause of the Chinese government so then we can <whatever> to the Chinese government. Or immigrants. A lot of people want to talk about how it’s the covid infected immigrants. 

but otherwise it’s been talked about. A lot. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

um. I think it’s talked about a lot. Or has been. 

What I’ve seen are people that don’t like how it’s being talked about. Like they want it to be the cause of the Chinese government so then we can <whatever> to the Chinese government. Or immigrants. A lot of people want to talk about how it’s the covid infected immigrants. 

but otherwise it’s been talked about. A lot. 

I understand what your trying to say, but it doesn't really answer the question. Was it China? Did they do this purposely? This came from China, but where right? Immigrants have nothing to do with this .

1 minute ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I understand what your trying to say, but it doesn't really answer the question. Was it China? Did they do this purposely? This came from China, but where right? Immigrants have nothing to do with this .

Um. Unless I’m mistaken, the general consensus was (among the experts) was that:

it came from china

highly unlikely it was released from the lab

even less likely it was released on purpose

to really do any more China has to be open and honest and they won’t be

that isn’t no one talking about it. It’s the best theory, by far, and to go any further with anything else you need something you’re never going to get (chinas cooperation)

this was figured out like last year for the most part. 

• Thanks 1

I have close friends who were vacationing in the south of Italy last when the northern region had that major outbreak and went into lockdown.  They flew back to LaGuardia out of Rome two days before Italy locked down the whole country.  

When they hit customs in LaGuardia there were zero COVID protocols in place and very few masks…and the airport was packed.

Three weeks later, all of NYC was in lockdown.  So, it’s pretty obvious how it got to the USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Um. Unless I’m mistaken, the general consensus was (among the experts) was that:

it came from china

highly unlikely it was released from the lab

even less likely it was released on purpose

to really do any more China has to be open and honest and they won’t be

that isn’t no one talking about it. It’s the best theory, by far, and to go any further with anything else you need something you’re never going to get (chinas cooperation)

this was figured out like last year for the most part. 

That is what I am talking about since I first posted.. You say that it is unlikely that it came from the lab but the lab is right around the corner from the "first outbreak". You act like that has nothing to do with it. You say that China is not going to be honest and they won’t be but why lol?

3 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

That is what I am talking about since I first posted.. You say that it is unlikely that it came from the lab but the lab is right around the corner from the "first outbreak". You act like that has nothing to do with it. You say that China is not going to be honest and they won’t be but why lol?

Can you articulate where you are hoping for this to head?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Mean old media.  Always causing all these pandemics.

Didn't say that but you have the same typical liberal answer. Let's find out how COVID-19 got here. How hard is that!?!?? The media won't report it, but they want to talk about cases and deaths. 

1 hour ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

It doesn't really even matter why China isn't going to cooperate.  It is abundantly clear that they aren't.  After that, it doesn't really matter.

(We can speculate as to why China won't cooperate:

The easy answer to as to why China isn't going to cooperate is they don't want to take the blame.  They've tried to shift the blame to US and India.  They don't want to be the global bad guy.  It is also at least possible they perceive that if it is found to have been a lab leak that it will negatively affect their national prestige.  But the net effect is if China won't cooperate, there isn't much the media can do about it.

The only way we would learn is from our national intelligence agencies and if we learn from them, they probably wouldn't tell us.  Because telling us would probably result in China learning about out methods.)

There have been numerous reports on where Covid came from.  Even in the main stream media (e.g. https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-lab-leak-theory/2021/06/20/30b10be2-c3d9-11eb-8c18-fd53a628b992_story.html).  But from there hasn't been much new on it since then and so the media has moved on to other stories.  If something new comes out, the media will bring it back up.

The deaths are a story that keeps coming, there are new deaths, new people with new stories.  And they are easy stories to tell (the press don't have to develop sources in a country hostile to a free press).  Which is why the media keeps going that way.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

Just now, RedskinsVa7 said:

Didn't say that but you have the same typical liberal answer. Let's find out how COVID-19 got here. How hard is that!?!?? The media won't report it, but they want to talk about cases and deaths. 

You know what media doesn’t talk about cases and deaths?  The Chinese state run media.

And also, Fox/Newsmax/OAN/one zillion talk radio shows and podcasts talk about the China thing round the clock for 18 months now.  And they are media.   Mega-billion dollar media, at that.

4 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

If you think it is easy and think you can do a better job than the existing media, why don't you start a media company, figure out where Covid came from, and make that your first big story.

If the media is not doing thing that are easy and important, then you should step and start doing it.  You could get rich.

That's how a free market and a free economy is supposed to work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

If you think it is easy and think you can do a better job than the existing media, why don't you start a media company, figure out where Covid came from, and make that your first big story.

If the media is not doing thing that are easy and important, then you should step and start doing it.  You could get rich.

That's how a free market and a free economy is supposed to work.

You're just to simple to make yourself seem right.

26 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Put the same energy into finding how COVID-19 came from with the same energy why the media talks about cases and deaths. It's simple as that from what I'm trying to say. 

Because figuring out how it got here isn't going to save lives now. Priorities. And the media IS and HAS BEEN talking about how it got here...but not with the same zest for passing off speculation and half-truths as fact as the conspiracy theorists on Twitter and Facebook. To a certain segment of our population, if the media is not immediately blaming China and Fauci for COVID's existence and arrival, it's the same as not covering it.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You know what media doesn’t talk about cases and deaths?  The Chinese state run media.

And also, Fox/Newsmax/OAN/one zillion talk radio shows and podcasts talk about the China thing round the clock for 18 months now.  And they are media.   Mega-billion dollar media, at that.

You are assuming that I watch Fox News and etc all day. All I'm saying is let's find out how COVID-19 got here and killed millions of people. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Because figuring out how it got here isn't going to save lives now. Priorities. And the media IS and HAS BEEN talking about how it got here...but not with the same zest for passing off speculation and half-truths as fact as the conspiracy theorists on Twitter and Facebook. To a certain segment of our population, if the media is not immediately blaming China and Fauci for COVID's existence and arrival, it's the same as not covering it.

Dude are you serious with that reply?  Figuring it out won't save lives? It will save lives from the next pandemic. The liberal media hasn't done anything about how COVID-19 got here and you know that. 

4 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

You are assuming that I watch Fox News and etc all day. All I'm saying is let's find out how COVID-19 got here and killed millions of people. 

The virus jumped from a bat to an animal at the fish/meat market in China that is not known for it's sanitary procedures. Then it infected a human who went to hospital and then a doctor was infected who was shutdown by the Chinses government for starting a rumor. The Chinses government later realized they ****ed up and try to sweep it under the rug and got rid of the fish market quickly as possible before any investigation can be done by WHO or even their own medical experts to find the source of the virus. And now we are here. 

And then there is the lab angle. One will never know where it truly came from. You are welcome. 

• Like 1

You say that it is unlikely that it came from the lab

no. I don’t. Experts do. 
because I don’t know what happened

but the lab is right around the corner from the "first outbreak".

so what? You have no actual information on it. 

You act like that has nothing to do with it.

no I don’t. I act like experts charged with knowing the most about this sort of thing, have said it’s highly unlikely. 

I don’t think I, or anyone else who had never heard of Wuhan before, know better than them. 

You say that China is not going to be honest and they won’t be but why lol?

because they’re not honest about anything?

have you actually followed China for more than the last 18 months?

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

We actually already have a pretty strong playbook for stopping pandemics.

Wash hands, social distance, wear masks, test, contact trace, quarantine and develop a vaccine as quickly as possible. It's all evidence-based and strongly supported by science.

The problem is a large chunk of the country crossed their arms and refused to play the game.

Finding out the (unavailable) truth about how the pandemic started has precious little to do with any of that.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Dude are you serious with that reply?  Figuring it out won't save lives? It will save lives from the next pandemic. The liberal media hasn't done anything about how COVID-19 got here and you know that. 

I gave you the link before, but I'll do it again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-lab-leak-theory/2021/06/20/30b10be2-c3d9-11eb-8c18-fd53a628b992_story.html

Also, you are assuming the next pandemic comes from the same or similar source.  There's not reason that the next pandemic can't be a completely different kind of virus from somewhere else.

We have a good idea where the 2009 H1N1 pandemic came from, but it didn't really help prevent this one.

@RedskinsVa7

for what its worth

china releasing a stupid bat virus it turned on humans from its bio weapon lab, and deserving of the worst the rest of the world can do to them, is/was top of my list too. 

unfortunately the truth is I have no real knowledge of anything relevant in regard to viruses, bioengineering, chemical labs, or China. 

so I’m gonna guess all those people that do, that say it’s very unlikely to have come from a lab, and very likely it came from nature, are probably way closer to right than I am 

🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The only way we would learn is from our national intelligence agencies and if we learn from them, they probably wouldn't tell us.  Because telling us would probably result in China learning about out methods.

Or they value it more as leverage in behind the scenes negotiations.