Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Really?  I have Dish and NHLN, but it's always the whip-around so I didn't look  & just streamed it.

As far as I know, none of the "cord cutter" providers have NHL Network

Just wondering why so many of our games are nationally televised. Makes it impossible to watch if your provider doesn't have NHL Network

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

As far as I know, none of the "cord cutter" providers have NHL Network

Just wondering why so many of our games are nationally televised. Makes it impossible to watch if your provider doesn't have NHL Network

I have the "expanded sports", tennis, RedZone, golf, etc. 

I'm paying an insane amount of money to keep it simple. 

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Laviolette is a moron 

I have been wondering why the hell they aren't changing anything up on the power play.  i guess they did a little bit, but like their entries are a joke.  it seems like they lose the puck on entry like 75% of the time.  

Is that all coaching or is that more on the players?  I just don't know enough about strategy involved in hockey to know.

Could be that the caps just really know holtby well enough from shooting pucks against him in practice over the years that they know what kind of passes fool him or something? 

THREE-0??? I’m confused, this isn’t the caps we’ve seen lately 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

9 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

just been following the score. do you notice any difference in strategy or anything?

First one never had a chance to set up.  Lost the faceoff, but hardwork behind the net got the puck back, fed to Wilson in the slot for a bar-down one-timer.

Second one I believe had some decent zone time and looks, culminating in a Carlson one-timer from the point that had the top corner labelled.  Honestly not sure how to grade the way it was played.  Seemed like they had a lot of room to work; maybe the Stars are too passive on the PK?

• Thanks 1