Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS SIGN CB DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE

TK

March 15, 2019

REDSKINS SIGN CB DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Rodgers-Cromartie (6-2, 203) is an 11-year NFL veteran who entered the league as the No. 16 overall pick by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2008 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 160 career regular season games with 120 starts.

Rodgers-Cromartie has appeared in at least 15 games in nine of his 11 NFL seasons. He has recorded 30 career interceptions (six returned for touchdowns) for 535 yards in regular season play to complement 441 tackles (385 solo), 146 passes defensed, 2.5 sacks, seven forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. Among active players in the NFL, his 30 interceptions is tied for fourth and his 146 passes defensed ranks second overall. He has received two Pro Bowl selections (2009 and 2015) and was named second team All-Pro in 2016.

In postseason play, he has started all 10 games in which he has appeared and has registered three interceptions for 13 yards, 32 tackles (31 solo) and 14 passes defensed.

For the 2018 campaign, he registered six solo tackles, two passes defensed and one forced fumble in seven games played for the Oakland Raiders.

In 2017, Rodgers-Cromartie appeared in 15 games, starting in five for the New York Giants. He registered 48 tackles (31 solo), one pass defensed, 0.5 sacks and four tackles for loss, which was a career high. At the end of the 2016 season, Rodgers-Cromartie finished with 49 tackles (41 solo) and tied a career high in interceptions for the season with six. In 2015, he set a career high with 58 tackles (52 solo), recorded three interceptions and was selected to his second Pro Bowl.

Rodgers-Cromartie played collegiately at Tennessee State and was named an FCS All-American selection in 2007 as a senior.

Rodgers-Cromartie, 32, attended Lakewood Ranch H.S. in Bradenton, Fla. He was born April 7, 1986.

53139609_10157329601859574_2302886912072

I like these kind of signings.

Maybe he is healthy and motivated enough to allow Moreau to play outside. If not, he's a veteran in the room who has played multiple positions. 

Get the vets in while you have young players who need to develop quickly. They have little choice but to hope for another jump from Moreau, and hope that Adonis Alexander can be groomed to replace Norman for 2020. Dunbar, assuming healthy, will be a decent stop-gap. Would be nice to use high picks outside of the secondary, but I fear that it may be necessary. 

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

I like these kind of signings.

Maybe he is healthy and motivated enough to allow Moreau to play outside. If not, he's a veteran in the room who has played multiple positions. 

Get the vets in while you have young players who need to develop quickly. They have little choice but to hope for another jump from Moreau, and hope that Adonis Alexander can be groomed to replace Norman for 2020. Dunbar, assuming healthy, will be a decent stop-gap. Would be nice to use high picks outside of the secondary, but I fear that it may be necessary. 

Why would a healthy Dunbar only be a stop-gap?

Has Bruce, I hear Jason Taylor is still around...

Yea, its looking like Bruce is taking the 'I'm hiring vets to put bods in the stands' approach.

If we're lucky, DRC may have 3 games left under his belt where he will be effective, but he looked like he was wearing down the last couple years, so I'm not getting my hopes up.  Bruce has made me 100% pessimistic...

On 3/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, skins island connection said:

Has Bruce, I hear Jason Taylor is still around...

Yea, its looking like Bruce is taking the 'I'm hiring vets to put bods in the stands' approach.

If we're lucky, DRC may have 3 games left under his belt where he will be effective, but he looked like he was wearing down the last couple years, so I'm not getting my hopes up.  Bruce has made me 100% pessimistic...

Has Bruce Allen ever made you optimistic. 

HTTR 

On 3/16/2019 at 1:05 PM, Califan007 said:

Why would a healthy Dunbar only be a stop-gap?

Weak tackler. You can scheme to beat a corner that prefers to let someone else tackle, so he's a liability. Let his value go up, hope that Moreau improves and Alexander matures, sell high. 

Archived