Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

WELP, looks like i was wrong.  We're holding onto to them instead of releasing them because we have some obscure notion we can trade them... 

I agree, I don't think we get anything for either one.  I think it's a sign that they will be aggressive for Mosley.  I don't think they can expect White to be there at 15, and I don't think SDH is ready to be a starter at this point.  

I hope the Redskins avoid the big contracts this week, but if they were to sign one of the top free agents, Mosley would be the one for me.  He would immediately improve our front seven, and if we add a speed rusher, that defense could be special.  

Just now, KillBill26 said:

I agree, I don't think we get anything for either one.  I think it's a sign that they will be aggressive for Mosley.  I don't think they can expect White to be there at 15, and I don't think SDH is ready to be a starter at this point.  

I hope the Redskins avoid the big contracts this week, but if they were to sign one of the top free agents, Mosley would be the one for me.  He would immediately improve our front seven, and if we add a speed rusher, that defense could be special.  

Why now?  Why are we just now hearing that Brown / Foster are available?  Why not just release them?  It just seems odd, maybe i'm off base? 

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I tend to agree. There's a select few players I'd make an exception for. Mosley is one of them. But generally speaking, I'd pass on most options.

This team has needs, but you're really not going to fill most of them in free agency. I'm not sure there's anyone worth signing on the offensive side of the ball. The team needs a bona fide starter at QB and two WRs, but those players aren't out there in free agency. Instead of paying $10 million a year on the Chargers # 3 WR, I'd just focus on the draft for those positions. Defense has less needs, but better available players. Safety is the one spot that really needs attention and I'd consider some options there too. The rest of the needs, like LG are probably better served either via small deals or cuts or the draft.

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Why now?  Why are we just now hearing that Brown / Foster are available?  Why not just release them?  It just seems odd, maybe i'm off base? 

I have no idea, technically they could have been negotiating a trade for either one for weeks now.  Maybe a viable strategy would be to wait until now hoping that teams that had hoped to sign Kwon or Mosley will panic once they learn the demands are out of their budget?  The only reason I can think of.  Or maybe they have been shopping them but they successfully kept it under wraps?  Who knows.  Or it's just another puzzling move from the Redskins front office.

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I have no idea, technically they could have been negotiating a trade for either one for weeks now.  Maybe a viable strategy would be to wait until now hoping that teams that had hoped to sign Kwon or Mosley will panic once they learn the demands are out of their budget?  The only reason I can think of.  Or maybe they have been shopping them but they successfully kept it under wraps?  Who knows.  Or it's just another puzzling move from the Redskins front office.

Yeah i dont get it, we're gonna hold out on some idea that we can flip them for a return, meanwhile Mosely has time to be negotiating with teams that have a heck of a lot more cap room than we do.  Not only do we get priced out, but ILB needy teams add pieces and the Brown / Foster market dries up... then we're forced to release them because both have vocally come out against the team and we put them on display.  No chance they play nice now.  

Zack RosenblattVerified account @ZackBlatt

Nick Foles is expected to sign with the Jaguars by tonight, per @MikeSilver. Called the Jaguars “cautiously optimistic” that it would happen and the contract could get as high as $22M per season.

11:09 AM - 11 Mar 2019

That rules out the Jags for going QB in Round 1 right?

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Zack RosenblattVerified account @ZackBlatt

Nick Foles is expected to sign with the Jaguars by tonight, per @MikeSilver. Called the Jaguars “cautiously optimistic” that it would happen and the contract could get as high as $22M per season.

11:09 AM - 11 Mar 2019

That rules out the Jags for going QB in Round 1 right?

It certainly should... that'd be a jacked up signal to Foles if they drafted his replacement in the first round after they just acquired him.

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Gruden highted ILB and Safety as major needs.

Mosley and Collins please. 

Forget the Colts 100mil cap space, means jack ****. We can dish out a 12-14mi per year deal no problem. 

Get em in Bruce.

They'd be one heck of a team against the run.  The Alabama heavy defense would hit unprecedented levels  -- the joke used to be Ozzie Newsome was obsessed with Alabama -- Kyle Smith would put that to shame. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Same guy who broke the Keenum trade.  They typically sign multiple FAs, question is 3rd tier guys or significant type players?

Seems like he's trying to be funny.  Just me.  :)  

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They'd be one heck of a team against the run.  The Alabama heavy defense would hit unprecedented levels  -- the joke used to be Ozzie Newsome was obsessed with Alabama -- Kyle Smith would put that to shame. 

Be nice but we need to release these players.  If we want to sign Mosely/Collins or one of them we need to release cause I don't think any team will trade with us.

34 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Because the FA's are going for tens of millions. People might give us a small bit of draft capital because they're relatively cheap. 

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Seems like he's trying to be funny.  Just me.  :)  

Be nice but we need to release these players.  If we want to sign Mosely/Collins or one of them we need to release cause I don't think any team will trade with us.

We know who we can release and what they will clear.  We don't need to have the cap avail to sign new guys until we turn the contract agreement into the NFL for approval, so we have a couple of days to try and trade guys to get them off our books as i understand it.  

Mosely would be huge and I'm happy eh's a target for us.  Would love a safety or 2.  Amos looking to command same money as Collins and just $1 or $2M under thomas.  

Get some studs in here and jettison the mediocrity.

Archived