Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Want to replace that pesky Adam Eaton type bat? Not a ton of power, but a doubles machine and gets on base? Go get this guy

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=fraziad01&year=Career&t=b

When thinking of our lineup today and how it compares to 2019, the Eaton bat is only one missing piece. The bigger issue imo is that the guys we have and aren’t going anywhere (Bell and Schwarber) won’t be able to come close to replacing the production we got from Rendon and Kendrick. Obviously Schwarber is on a hot streak right now but career numbers are what they are… 

Dont think we’ll be bad by any means, just not quite special enough to get over the top. 

Yeah, we don't have the depth of that 2019 team. Go back and look at Cabrera's insane production when he got here. Everything went right that year...

Frazier would be a big upgrade over Harrison/Castro, and put one of them on the bench, as another utility guy. Probably Harrison, that's his best role I think.

Zimmerman is doing a great Kendrick impersonation so far this year, but nowhere near Kendrick in 19. 

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1

I'll say again I'm baffled about how Victor Robles has regressed offensively.  He has over 200 plate appearances this season and has yet to hit a home run.  The promise he showed at the plate late in 2018 and into 2019 has all but evaporated.

The one silver lining is that his walks are up and his K rate is slightly down.  But when does that increased plate discipline result in better production? 

• Like 3

I think it's more reasonable to view Schwarber in the Kendrick role.  We're missing replacement for Rendon.  You can't get Castro numbers from 3rd and hope to seriously contend (tbf, he was supposed to fill 2nd).  2019 bench was also much deeper.

49 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'll say again I'm baffled about how Victor Robles has regressed offensively.  He has over 200 plate appearances this season and has yet to hit a home run.  The promise he showed at the plate late in 2018 and into 2019 has all but evaporated.

The one silver lining is that his walks are up and his K rate is slightly down.  But when does that increased plate discipline result in better production? 

Yeah I'm afraid he might go down the Michael A Taylor route

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Want to replace that pesky Adam Eaton type bat? Not a ton of power, but a doubles machine and gets on base? Go get this guy

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=fraziad01&year=Career&t=b

I like it.  Looks like he has one more year of control after this.  Pittsburgh may not want to pay for his last year of arbitration, cost may not be too high.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

He's so good defensively, you give him time to figure it out. That catch yesterday was a game saver...Funny thing is, he has as many XBH as Soto. 

Sometimes it just clicks. Ian Desmond had 22 HRs in 329 games. In his age 26 season, he had 25 in 130 games. 

• Like 2