Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

44 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Dusty was top-10 in salary

They offered Rendon approx $180m.

Let's table this discussion until the offseason's manager search, wherein we waste the best years of Soto and Robles on a fresh-faced pitching coach from Tampa or the Yankees' second string waterboy. 

• Like 2

I feel asleep around the bottom of the sixth...and with what happened, thank god I did.

With two massive bullpen blunders in two of the last three games I'm afraid Davey could lose the clubhouse. How does it make the players feel knowing that their manager could screw it up at any moment?

9 hours ago, Bacon said:

Let's table this discussion until the offseason's manager search, wherein we waste the best years of Soto and Robles on a fresh-faced pitching coach from Tampa or the Yankees' second string waterboy. 

Guess who'll be back, for better or worse?

32 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

For Dyson + Will Smith I’d be fine with giving up Garcia. Might need to toss in another lesser prospect too. Solves this year’s bullpen issue in a big way and helps out next year’s too. 

Garcia is going to be really good, I think. Problem is, out system is tissue paper thin right now.

We really need to hit on Denaburg and Rutledge. Lara (the big International signing this year) would be huge too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Davey sounded like a ****ing fool in post-game presser

Bo Porter explained it perfectly. in that situation, you go down with your best arm on the mound period.

This was as bad as bringing Rosenthal in, up by 4 and letting him walk the bases loaded on about 15 pitches.

From the Athletic. Prayers, voodoo, whatever you believe in...

Scherzer, who received a cortisone injection Tuesday to clear out some inflammation due to bursitis, is dealing with a shoulder injury. Technically, as he told reporters in Atlanta on Friday, he has scapulothoracic bursitis, which basically means there’s inflammation in the bursa under the shoulder blade of an arm that has carried the Nationals through their hot month and a half.

The bursa is a lubricating tissue that allows the scapula to glide with low friction smoothly over the ribs with normal shoulder motion. When the scapula cannot easily glide along the chest wall, the bones rub together and that repetitive motion is what causes scapulothoracic bursitis.

• Sad 1