Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I was driving to the buffet today with the game on JFK and they were getting clobbered 2-0

Then when I got out it was 6-1

Not a good day today for the Nats.

As Charlie Slowes said on radio "Maybe someone should have woken the Nats up."

i saw rutledge in bowie. good guy.

heading to today's game to get the wig tee. Looking forward to it.

Don't have high expectations for the Nats today. They trick yinz. They look elite winning series on the road, have a "good road trip" then come home and fall flat on their ****ing faces. I know it's Cincinnati but still. Show you give a damn.

And let's be clear. We all knew this season was a wash anyway. But give more. Yesterday wasn't it.

I'm not saying they need to make the playoffs or anything, but it's not unreasonable to expect 60-70 wins out of this club.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

i saw rutledge in bowie. good guy.

heading to today's game to get the wig tee. Looking forward to it.

Don't have high expectations for the Nats today. They trick yinz. They look elite winning series on the road, have a "good road trip" then come home and fall flat on their ****ing faces. I know it's Cincinnati but still. Show you give a damn.

And let's be clear. We all knew this season was a wash anyway. But give more. Yesterday wasn't it.

I'm not saying they need to make the playoffs or anything, but it's not unreasonable to expect 60-70 wins out of this club.

lolol if this team wins 70 games you put Davey Martinez in Cooperstown.

Should be an exciting month with the draft and trade deadline.

They have the 2, 40, 71, and 102 picks. 

If they can get a guy with their 2-4 round picks that are top 15 by this time next year, the system will be in even better shape.

Hopefully, they stack some power in this draft. Some guys I wouldn’t mind them taking are Jake Gelof UVA, Brock Wilken Wake Forest, Ralphy Velazquez HS, Kemp Alderman Ole Miss, Cooper Pratt HS, Trent Caraway HS. 

Just now, EmirOfShmo said:

Hill looked lost at the plate the few times I saw him at bat over the weekend.

He earned his shot. It just wasn’t working out. I’d like to see Blake Rutherford get a shot. Call and Garrett have proven they can be OF4 and OF5 going into next season.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Davey checking elly had vibes of Girardi repeatedly checking scherzer when he was a nat. Just petty behavior. 

He really isn’t taking all this losing very well. The pictures of base runners and now this along with a couple of other instances where he has lost his cool. Losing isn’t fun but you gotta rise above. 

Rizzo comes to Davey and says, "we have issues pitching, hitting, and defense...and we can't just release all these players. We're going to need to send a wake-up and make a coaching change on your staff"

Which coach do you move on from today?

Darnell Coles - Hitting Coach
Cody Ransom - Infield Coach
Jim Hickey - Pitching Coach

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Rizzo comes to Davey and says, "we have issues pitching, hitting, and defense...and we can't just release all these players. We're going to need to send a wake-up and make a coaching change on your staff"

Which coach do you move on from today?

Darnell Coles - Hitting Coach
Cody Ransom - Infield Coach
Jim Hickey - Pitching Coach

Coles. Both our pitching and defense have marked improvements, our offense slaps singles. We do nothing else.

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Coles. Both our pitching and defense have marked improvements, our offense slaps singles. We do nothing else.

It’s tough, because our lineup is not imposing or intimidating in any fashion.  We have no power in the lineup, or that one truly feared hitter that gives fits to opposing pitchers.  Quite frankly, I don’t know what else the hitting coach is supposed to do. Lane Thomas, Jamer Candalario and Joey Meneses are the only legitimate hitters on the entire team at the moment, and those guys aren’t scary or intimidating to opposing pitchers.  I can’t wait for some of those prospects with legitimate power to enter the Nats lineup late this year, or next year.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's not so much the number of guys with .850 OPS from guys who won't be here in 3 weeks, but i haven't seen the improvement from Garcia, Ruiz, or Abrams that I wanted.

Yeah, that is alarming me.  Especially Ruiz & Abrams.  Both are batting under .240.  Abrams is not a power guy, but he definitely should be hitting above .260.