Redskins vs Falcons Prediction Thread: Working Man Blasting in the Stadium

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Shoot-out or Slug-Fest? Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Falcons
    • That thing that goes around your neck when you play dress-up { tie }

NBC Sports Washington already have the Skins at 5-3.  Local sports Fake News!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/week-9-between-redskins-and-falcons-going-be-major-alabama-reunion

There was a time, not too long ago, when NFL drafts were seemingly overrun with Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes and USC Trojans. But with the Alabama Crimson Tide firmly supplanted at the top of the college football food chain, it should come as no surprise  there are more former Crimson Tide players in the NFL than any other college.

Alabama's stranglehold on the NFL will be on display at FedEx Field when the Redskins (5-3) host the Falcons (3-4) for Week 9.

In each of the last two drafts, the Redskins spent their first round pick on an Alabama defensive lineman, drafting Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne in 2017 and 2018, respectively. The two former Crimson Tide lineman have had tremendous starts to their respective careers, as they have been key pieces in transitioning a Redskins defense that finished 32nd in the league against the run last year to currently the second best run-defense in the league.

Smith and Co. will need to make plays on offense.  Move the chains through the air and on the ground.  Defense needs to be sound, especially in the secondary or this turns in to New Orleans part II.  Probably a close game, but Skins can win if they make the plays at crucial points in the 4th quarter

On 10/29/2018 at 9:14 PM, KillBill26 said:

I think skins ELITE defense carries them once again.  Skins get early lead and do enough to hang on.  Falcons weak defense allows our offense to put together nice drives in the second half.   

Skins 27

Falcons 20

Ouch!  That was a really a bad prediction all the way around.  

6 hours ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Falcons have a terrible defense so Alex Smith should actually look like a starting QB today.  Today we face the first solid offense since Carolina, but I don't think it will matter.

Skins 38

Falcons 24

Yikes got the 38 right but not much else.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:59 PM, jbird said:

Would love to see a win, BUT, I believe that ATL will be desperate to get to .500 and save their season.

We have a tendency to let off the gas when we have a lead.

With Williams out, I suspect that our lack of OL depth is going to bite us and we will be unable to move the ball effectively. This will force Smith to be more aggressive and 1 of 2 things will happen. Either our Passing game will ignite and we are looking at a route, or  we will see a couple of turnovers and our D on the field too long.

If this is HHCD's first game we will see a couple of communication errors and give up a few TD's. 

We see 2 season ending injuries on the DL and also lose AP for 3-5 weeks.

Gruden gets fired after we loose the next 4 in a row, and Guice decides to retire from football in the offseason.

Sorry gang it's either the wheels come off in a 38 - 13 Atlanta thrashing, or Alex finds magic and we have 2 WR with 80+ yards and 3 total TDs, and one of our TE's score a TD along with a RB catching one as well in a 42 - 10 route.

No in-between. 

Sorry, I shortchanged us 1 point and I got the DL confused with the OL....

I wish that I could say that I didn't really expect what happened, but I have been a fan too long. :(:(

Archived