Simmsy

Gameday Thread

Recommended Posts

So nobody remembers the missed face mask on Goff that would have given the Rams first and goal at about the 4, on the drive in which they had to settle for a game tying field goal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

So nobody remembers the missed face mask on Goff that would have given the Rams first and goal at about the 4, on the drive in which they had to settle for a game tying field goal? 

 

Thay was already explained that it was incidental contact.

 

byw I just read that refs live in LA and the ref that blew the call is a former Ram player. Just a fun fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, no one but you Tony B ;)

 

I would like to see playoff OT be a full 15. **** it, and **** programming concerns for things on after the game. Plan a long ass post game, and do it.

 

I thought it was funny to hear Brady give a shout out to the guy that called heads.  Folks myself included clamor about calls / non calls, the biggest play of the game may have been that heads call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

 

Thay was already explained that it was incidental contact.

 

byw I just read that refs live in LA and the ref that blew the call is a former Ram player. Just a fun fact.

Where was this explained?  Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s the worst call in NFL history and it absolutely changed the outcome of the game.

 

The game was fixed.

But the Saints had the ball first in OT with a chance to not even give the Rams a chance to touch the ball in OT.  I guess the refs made Brees throw that pick.

 

The way people are crying about OT rules this morning all over, you would think that the Saints won the game at the coin toss in OT.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s the worst call in NFL history and it absolutely changed the outcome of the game.

 

The game was fixed.

You know what else could have changed the outcome of the game though? The saints getting a touchdown in overtime :) 

 

they had another shot to win the game, and Brees threw an interception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened in OT is meaningless*, because OT never should’ve happened.  And everybody knows that.

 

*except Zeurleins kick.  That **** was money.  Respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where was this explained?  Link?

 

It was broadcasted by a radio station today. Apparently the ref crew is from LA and one is a former rams player.Dude that crew is gonna need protection after that leak.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where was this explained?  Link?

Considering the defender actually clutched Goff's facemask the explanation would be wrong anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

 

Thay was already explained that it was incidental contact.

 

byw I just read that refs live in LA and the ref that blew the call is a former Ram player. Just a fun fact.

 

Can you post a link to this? I cannot find anything to support either statement. Not saying it's not true - just that I cannot find it. 

 

I did find that the Rams fans started a petition to remove Bill Vinovich as head of referees for the NFCC game as the Rams were 0-8 in the games he has been the head referee, including the game earlier in the season.  So if it is true that they are from LA - it certainly has not helped LA in the past.

 

The good news - if you believe the conspiracies, - the head of referees for the SB will be John Parry - The Rams are 7-0 when he is head of referees. 

 

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/angry-rams-fans-have-started-a-petition-to-get-ref-removed-from-nfc-championship-game-and-heres-why/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One way or another belly aching about a call deciding the game is fan nonsense. Any coach or player at any level will tell you that you bad calls are part of the game and you play through them. Some people here need a CostCo sized box of Klenex. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Considering the defender actually clutched Goff's facemask the explanation would be wrong anyway. 

Yeah, and regardless of it being incidental or not, that has no bearing on whether or not a call is made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never say the Rams don't deserve to be in the SB. It's obvious to everyone that it was a blown PI call. I won't say "missed" call, because you simply can't miss that. You either call it because it should be called, or you decide that you don't want to call it. Payton needs to shoulder a lot of blame for the asinine play-calling of his on that drive. Why not run the doggone ball and eat some clock, making the Rams have to use their last timeouts? I won't dwell on that PI non-call. The Rams were getting hosed the entire game, and I mean HOSED. Not a single penalty against the Saint til about mid-way through the 3rd quarter. And all of those non-calls on delay of game when the clock had clearly expired? The Saints can't say a thing in the world about how officiating cost them the game. Officiating helped them tremendously in the early going, but better coaching helped the Rams overcome the early officiating, the crowd, a deficit, and a young QB with the jitters in the Superdome. Kudos to Boy Wonder and the Rams for winning the NFC Championship.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't able to listen to much of either game (wasn't feeling too well) but two OTs on championship Sunday - has that happened before? 

 

-I dunno what to say about the Saints game. I know there were a few missed calls that went New Orleans way but in an era where you can hardly breathe on receivers once they're past that 5 yard zone from the LOS, there is absolutely no excuse for them to miss that DPI call on Robey -Coleman. That would have been DPI pre-1978. All that said, that Zuerlein field goal was so clutch. That would have been good from 65 yards out. 

 

-No but seriously, how do you expect to beat the Pats when you give up, like, 4 consecutive 3rd and longs like the Chiefs did against the Pats? For a stadium known for its home field advantage and noise, they've had more playoff heartbreak at Arrowhead than perhaps any other stadium in the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I'll never say the Rams don't deserve to be in the SB. It's obvious to everyone that it was a blown PI call. I won't say "missed" call, because you simply can't miss that. You either call it because it should be called, or you decide that you don't want to call it. Payton needs to shoulder a lot of blame for the asinine play-calling of his on that drive. Why not run the doggone ball and eat some clock, making the Rams have to use their last timeouts? I won't dwell on that PI non-call. The Rams were getting hosed the entire game, and I mean HOSED. Not a single penalty against the Saint til about mid-way through the 3rd quarter. And all of those non-calls on delay of game when the clock had clearly expired? The Saints can't say a thing in the world about how officiating cost them the game. Officiating helped them tremendously in the early going, but better coaching helped the Rams overcome the early officiating, the crowd, a deficit, and a young QB with the jitters in the Superdome. Kudos to Boy Wonder and the Rams for winning the NFC Championship.

 

 

The Rams committed multiple PI that weren’t called all game that the announcers even spoke up. Also the Rams should have had multiple helmet to helmet called against them. Rams were no way innocent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't think any fanbase is feeling as bad as the Chiefs' right now. I can't imagine how badly that loss hurt, particularly that neutral zone infraction play. They had the game won right there. Their first Super Bowl in nearly 50 years. For just those few seconds, it was all theirs, and then ... to see that flag and to see such a ridiculous, easily-avoided penalty take that win away ... that is a mule kick to the spleen of epic proportions. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbed this from Twitter 

 

-Back judge Todd Prukop is from near Los Angeles

 

-Side judge Gary Cavaletto lives near Los Angeles

 

-Official Phil McKinnely is from L.A., went to UCLA, and played for the Rams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

 

I mean they shouldn’t be there according to the league so kind of defeats the purpose of the super bowl to have the best teams.

 

Yes, that was a blown call. It happens. But the Saints got another chance in OT to go down the field to score a TD. They failed instead. Maybe the Rams will win the SB like the Eagles did last year. We shall see. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

 

The Rams committed multiple PI that weren’t called all game that the announcers even spoke up. Also the Rams should have had multiple helmet to helmet called against them. Rams were no way innocent.

Not saying they're innocent, just that the Saints can't blame their loss on officiating. Sure, there was helmet-to-helmet contact, but the officials were told before the game to watch carefully to see if the offensive player lowered or angled his head as or before the defender began the action of tackling. They were told to use their judgment to determine intent. It was blown terribly on the non-call that everyone is talking about, no doubt. But the Saints need to look elsewhere for the ultimate cause of their demise yesterday. Payton's play-calling on their last drive of regulation just plain stupid. You know who can blame their loss on the officiating and do so with confidence and a straight face -- the 2001 Maryland Terrapins basketball team, in that Final Four loss to Duke. Lots of officials, themselves, still talk about how Maryland got jobbed by Ted Hillary, Dave Libbey, and Mark Reischling in that game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Oh so the Saints won the NFC Championship game?  

 

So you're using an argument in which both teams had an equal opportunity to win as evidence that both teams shouldn't have equal opportunity to win. 

 

Ok. 

30 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Grabbed this from Twitter 

 

-Back judge Todd Prukop is from near Los Angeles

 

-Side judge Gary Cavaletto lives near Los Angeles

 

-Official Phil McKinnely is from L.A., went to UCLA, and played for the Rams

 

Now you are just being ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

So you're using an argument in which both teams had an equal opportunity to win as evidence that both teams shouldn't have equal opportunity to win. 

 

Ok. 

You said in OT the games are decided on the coin flip.

 

The Saints won the coin flip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, purbeast said:

You said in OT the games are decided on the coin flip.

 

The Saints won the coin flip.

 

Obviously it's not decided every time but it certainly is a lot of the time. Regardless, the point is that it is unfair that the Chiefs didn't have a chance to put their best unit on the field. Hell, even if they had the number 1 defense in the league, both teams should get a chance on offense.

 

Start both teams on the 30 for OT 1 and let their offense get a chance. If the score is the same after both teams have the ball, move them back to the 40 for OT2. Then the 50 for OT3. Then they continue from the 50 but have to go for 2 after that.

 

Unbiased, unprejudcied...fair. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1yBHoIXTGeAcqBMVN3uQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

Obviously it's not decided every time but it certainly is a lot of the time.

Like when it fits your argument.

 

Gotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.