Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MF: New Guidelines Redefine Birth Years for Millennials, Gen-X, and 'Post-Millennials'

88Comrade2000

3 hours ago, China said:

Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation ribbons and napping stations

In an effort to bring younger fans to the ballpark, the Montgomery Biscuits are hosting "Millennial Night" this weekend, but their advertising on social media set off an eruption of mixed feedback from the very group they’re trying to attract.

The Tampa Bay Rays’ Double-A affiliate, currently with a record of 15-11, tweeted last week: “Want free things without doing much work? Well you're in luck! Riverwalk Stadium will be millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21, with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados.”

Click on the link for the full article

That's actually pretty funny BUT the reporter should've actually interviewed a Millennial not a 21 year old.

On 7/24/2018 at 3:27 PM, Riggo-toni said:

a majority of those born between 1961 and 1964 do not self-identify as boomers, and that they are culturally distinct from boomers in terms of shared historical experiences. Howe says that while many demographers use 1965 as a start date for Generation X, this is a statement about fertility in the population (birth rates which began declining in 1957, declined more sharply following 1964) and fails to take into consideration the shared history and cultural identity of the individuals. Strauss and Howe define Generation X as those born between 1961 and 1981.[11][12][13][14]

it's a good thing, because otherwise, i am No Generation.

My mom was born in 45, a Boomer.. and me in 63.. a..  uh.. well, REALITY states i can't be of the same generation of my mother.

I always considered myself GenX, and you were right, Billy Idol's first band was Generation X, in the late 70s. That was the first place i had heard the term.

~Bang

18 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Here is a story that is presented as "OMG MILLENNIALS ARE LAZY AND WEIRD" but really is about the willingness (of a very small sample) to take charge of their own lives, exactly as they should be doing.  

https://nypost.com/2018/07/25/millennials-are-bailing-on-their-high-paying-jobs-to-travel/

Yep, I see nothing wrong with people doing this. I think it's more of what I've read about in other countries....people are a little less concerned with grinding for 35-40 years and saving every penny just to "live comfortably" as their health and mobility begins to fail. I also don't see how millennials who do this are any different than similar pockets of people in every generation. Didn't hippies all jump in VW buses and head west with no real concern about what was coming next? 

18 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep, I see nothing wrong with people doing this. I think it's more of what I've read about in other countries....people are a little less concerned with grinding for 35-40 years and saving every penny just to "live comfortably" as their health and mobility begins to fail. I also don't see how millennials who do this are any different than similar pockets of people in every generation. Didn't hippies all jump in VW buses and head west with no real concern about what was coming next? 

That's totally different because reasons. 

• 7 months later...

Archived