Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

21 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

What happens if the investigation returns a report that says she's lying.

Who pays the price?

Dr. Ford is paying the price right now. She's receiving death threats and other abuse, she's moved out of her house and hired security.

Does Kavanaugh have to move because of death treats? 

You can see the double standard is already working, against a woman.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Reposting this from last night:

I think Flake, Murkowski, Collins all might vote no depending on what happens Manchin, Heitcamp, and Donnelly might vote yes depending on what happens.  And if something comes out like other accusations or more details from witnesses to back her up, who knows.

Edited by visionary

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Dr. Ford is paying the price right now. She's receiving death threats and other abuse, she's moved out of her house and hired security.

Does Kavanaugh have to move because of death treats? 

You can see the double standard is already working, against a woman.

Yep.  She is.  

So is it okay for him to pay the price if she's lying?

He needs to not be confirmed because of his views of an imperial presidency, his views on women's bodily autonomy and birth control, and his views on same sex marriage.

These are all issues that affect me personally and the imperial presidency views affect everyone in the United States. That alone should concern you too, unless you don't agree with our Republic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

He needs to not be confirmed because of his views of an imperial presidency, his views on women's bodily autonomy and birth control, and his views on same sex marriage.

These are all issues that affect me personally and the imperial presidency views affect everyone in the United States. That alone should concern you too, unless you don't agree with our Republic.

I realize your view on those political issues.  A Dem President and Senate would not be looking at a Right Wing Judge.

But specific to these allegations, are you comfortable with BK now paying the price of the accused forever if she's lying?  Does she have any responsibility if shes lying?  Does Feinstein?  Does her lawyer?

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

She hasnt.  Im asking her if she is.

I'm sure we can all agree that Kavanaugh should not pay the price for Dr. Ford's allegations if those allegations are false.  Now some may say regardless of whether this allegation is true or not, he should not be confirmed anyway for other reasons, but that's not the same as saying he should pay the price for false allegations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm sure we can all agree that Kavanaugh should not pay the price for Dr. Ford's allegations if those allegations are false.  Now some may say regardless of whether this allegation is true or not, he should not be confirmed anyway for other reasons, but that's not the same as saying he should pay the price for false allegations.

I'd like to see people take it the next step and say who should pay a penalty and what it should be.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

The question is what else comes out between now and Monday. I sure something will. It always does. Will it be enough?

I actually dont think it can get more messy than this. I hope there is nothing else but I also hope hes not confirmed so I dunno what to think to be honest with you. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

you can’t throw an accusation, declare you’ll testify, then hide behind an excuse and expect your credibility to not take a hit. 

I don’t know that there’s a good way for a victim to go about this, but this certainly isn’t a good look. 

I would agree if she wasnt (correct me if I'm wrong here) doxxed. I believe she and the dems planned to keep her anon but someone released it was her and then she admitted it. 

Also that I dont see asking for evidence to be provided by the FBI as an honest excuse. I think going up against that group of people who we already know are trying to prove shes lying or confused without an investigation to support your claims is just a horrible idea and I'm sure she feels the same. 

I do think she shouldn't have ever came forward at all if she wasnt ready for prime time. She knew what was going to happen. I know it sounds insensitive but dont clam up now when you got what you asked for. Step up. You took the shot. Follow through. 

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Why not send an acceptable third party instead?

Key word is "acceptable".  IE- there is no one person who would fit that definition for both sides.

Also, Trump has asked the FBI to look into those things, but have they?  And if not, why not if they're supposed to work at his behest?  So if they havent investigated other things he has told them to, how do we guarentee they investigate THIS is he tells them to?

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Key word is "acceptable".  IE- there is no one person who would fit that definition for both sides.

Well that’s up to the senators.  I’m sure there are people who have dealt with these kinds of situations and know what to look for/how to treat possible victims, that should be accepatable to both parties if they want it looked at fairly.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Also I dont get why its unreasonable to believe that him practicing for these questions isnt a sign he has something to hide but her not wanting to answer these questions means she does. That's kinda effed to me. 

His buddy Mark Davis sure seems to think his online content isn't a good look. Dude has been taking things down left & right.  Dude comes off like a total creep.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Also I dont get why its unreasonable to believe that him practicing for these questions isnt a sign he has something to hide but her not wanting to answer these questions means she does. That's kinda effed to me. 

That's pretty much status quo for all nominees to every post.  Nothing unusual about him prepping

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No one in their right mind would go into confirmation hearing with "oh, I'll just tell the truth".  There will be democratic senators chomping at the bits to trip him up and hang onto his every word to make hay even with the most polished testimony.  Nothing should be made from that.

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Well that’s up to the senators.  I’m sure there are people who have dealt with these kinds of situations and know what to look for/how to treat possible victims, that should be accepatable to both parties if they want it looked at fairly.

Again I dont give them that much credit

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

You know pretty much with 100% certainty if they hold the hearing with zero further investigating first, at the conclusion of the testimony, everyone will just say "He said vs she said, no way to know"

this is what I mentioned to regarding this will be a "life or death" battle.

Thats all it is if we go through it by having these two testify against each other with no one investigating their words. Its insane and unfair to both parties. And on top of it, their are more men up there who do not want to believe what she is saying. Its horrible.

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

this is what I mentioned to regarding this will be a "life or death" battle.

Thats all it is if we go through it by having these two testify against each other with no one investigating their words. Its insane and unfair to both parties. And on top of it, their are more men up there who do not want to believe what she is saying. Its horrible.

The cynical me thinks that Dems know that there is no way GOP and WH will open an investigation.  This posturing is all a political show.  They want to talk up the need for an investigation as much as possible and then when GOP forces the monday hearing, have Dr. Ford reluctantly concede defeat and testify in front of the committee.  Hammer the bad optics and then instantly talk up Dr. Ford as one of the most credible and heart wrenching witness they ever saw and renew the call for a thorough investigation.  When that obviously doesn't happen, hammer it for the next two years.

Dems know that whether it be Kavanaugh or somebody else, there is no way McConnell is stupid enough to allow the seat to go unfilled with the risk (however small) of the senate going to the Dems.  Dems know GOP will get their conservative justice to replace Kennedy.  They just want to extract maximum political price in the process.

Is my cynical take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

The question is what else comes out between now and Monday. I sure something will. It always does. Will it be enough?

you can’t throw an accusation, declare you’ll testify, then hide behind an excuse and expect your credibility to not take a hit. 

I don’t know that there’s a good way for a victim to go about this, but this certainly isn’t a good look. 

This is a ****ed up point of view. The woman is facing death threats and had to hire personal security. I’m sure you have no idea what it’s like to be someone in that position. 

Too bad some don’t spend more time thinking about and wondering what should happen to those threatening her than how it looks on her given the enormous pressure on her while facing something like what her accusation represents.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

This is a ****ed up point of view. The woman is facing death threats and had to hire personal security. I’m sure you have no idea what it’s like to be someone in that position. 

Too bad some don’t spend more time thinking about and wondering what should happen to those threatening her than how it looks on her given the enormous pressure on her while facing something like what her accusation represents.

its the lack of empathy.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He defintely has **** to hide. 

39 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I realize your view on those political issues.  A Dem President and Senate would not be looking at a Right Wing Judge.

But specific to these allegations, are you comfortable with BK now paying the price of the accused forever if she's lying?  Does she have any responsibility if shes lying?  Does Feinstein?  Does her lawyer?

No, he shouldn't pay the price, if she is lying about him.

Given what we know, that's a big if.

At this point, it's all supposition. Feinstein held the letter at Ford's request, although she did share it with other Senators.  When the letter leaked and Ford's name was discovered, then she exposed herself as the writer of the letter and other events where she mentioned her assault.

Like I have written before, putting the allegation aside altogether, there are issues, and they are not political but Constitutional, why he shouldn't be on the Court.