Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

1 hour ago, Bang said:

You' have thought O'Keefe would have been gone long ago for as many times as he's been exposed.
It is truly a testament to the stubbornness of some people to continue to float a turd like this for so long.

~Bang

It's a testament as to how Republicans rank the importance of truth, vs team loyalty.  

(One of them isn't even in the rankings.)  

• Thanks 2

The ‘Fake’ Trump Legal Fund Playing Both Sides and Duping Everyone

Donald Trump’s grifting appears to know no bounds. But now, an apparent Trump critic has charted new territory, turning Trump’s grift into their own—and duping national media organizations in the process.

A website purporting to associate itself with Trump’s “Patriot Legal Defense Fund” is now being denounced as “fake,” as it appears to be trying to swindle Trump supporters into lining the pockets of an anti-Trump scammer.

And while the identity of the site’s owner is still unknown, it’s clear the person is no fan of the former president.

It would be hard to draw that conclusion from just looking at the site today. But over the last few weeks, the page—patriotlegaldefensefund.com—has expressed contradictory views of Trump so stark that major publications, including the tech-savvy site Gizmodo, attributed the work to hackers.

A person with direct knowledge of the real Patriot Legal Defense Fund, however, told The Daily Beast that it wasn’t hackers—there is no official website, and never has been.

“It’s a fake site selling fake merch,” this person said. “The legal fund does not have a website nor do we sell merch.”

But the fake site is selling merch. And it is not directing donors to Trump’s real fund, which campaign aides set up last month to help take the sting out of legal fees incurred by his alleged co-conspirators, allies, and various witnesses. While today those sales appears to be the page’s only purpose, it had a markedly different tone just weeks ago, when it implored users, “DO NOT SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP’S FRAUDULENT PATRIOT LEGAL DEFENSE FUND.”

While some people may find it difficult to cry too hard for Trump—who has run a mind-boggling array of grifts over the years and is reportedly leaving some of his Georgia co-defendants to fend for themselves despite the new fund—the fake website has already claimed its share of innocent bystanders, including a number of media outlets, and it appears to be doing the very thing it once deplored: stiffing unwitting Trump supporters by lying to their faces.

In that sense, the page appears authentically Trump, by its own definition, and only perpetuating the cycle of scams.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2023 at 5:43 PM, China said:

Disbarment proceedings against ‘coup memo’ author John Eastman should move forward despite Georgia RICO case that could take ‘several years’: California State Bar

The State Bar of California says disbarment proceedings against conservative attorney John Eastman should continue despite his recent indictment on RICO charges in Fulton County, Georgia.

In a filing with the State Bar Court late Tuesday, chief trial counsel for the Golden State’s attorney licensing and disciplinary organization said the 11-count case against the embattled attorney should stick to its present schedule and resume as planned on Aug. 22.

Disciplinary hearings against Eastman began in June. They are currently paused due to scheduling issues because the proceedings went on much longer than originally anticipated by the State Bar Court.

On Aug. 7, Eastman’s defense attorneys Randall Miller and Zachary Mayer filed a motion to stay the disciplinary case indefinitely by way of a procedure called abatement. Alternatively, the motion asked for a three-month stay “pending resolution of the ongoing federal criminal investigation” into former president Donald Trump’s failed efforts “to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election.”

Eastman’s effort to pump the brakes on his disbarment case were premised on uncertainty over Trump’s then-extant federal indictment on various conspiracy charges. In that indictment, Eastman is widely believed to be referenced as unindicted “co-conspirator 2.”

Three days later, the State Bar replied that the 45th president’s federal indictment was no reason to delay Eastman’s case — since the right-wing lawyer was already well aware of his potential criminal exposure, and had been for years. This awareness, State Bar attorney Duncan Carling argued, was evident when Eastman pleaded the Fifth Amendment before both the U.S. House of Representatives’ Select Committee investigating the Jan. 6 riots and Fulton County prosecutors.

“This is nothing more than an opportunistic attempt to delay the decision in respondent’s State Bar case, as his situation with regard to potential criminal charges is the same today as when the trial started,” last week’s filing by the state bar’s lead prosecutor reads.

“Now, halfway through the trial, the State Bar would be highly prejudiced by delaying the completion of trial and a decision in this case for what could be several years,” the state bar’s Tuesday motion argues. “Delaying the further presentation of evidence also risks loss of evidence.”

John Eastman declines to elaborate on Trump world discussions about Grassley presiding on Jan. 6

John Eastman, testifying at his own disbarment trial, sidestepped a question Wednesday about whether he and others in former President Donald Trump’s orbit discussed the possibility that Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) — rather than Mike Pence — would preside over the Jan. 6, 2021, session of Congress.

During several hours of sworn testimony in a California disbarment proceeding, Eastman said discussions on that topic were protected by attorney-client privilege. When pressed about which client of his he was referring to, Eastman replied: “President Trump.”

It was a notable exchange in an extraordinary day of testimony from Eastman, who is seeking to defend his license to practice law in California even as he faces criminal charges in Georgia, where he is one of Trump’s 18 codefendants in an alleged conspiracy to subvert the 2020 election. Despite his criminal risk, Eastman fielded dozens of questions for hours on Wednesday, declining to assert his Fifth Amendment rights and only occasionally asserting attorney-client privilege.

California state bar attorney Duncan Carling also pressed Eastman to respond to some of the allegations against him in the Georgia indictment. For example, they grilled him on his contacts with attorney Robert Cheeley, one of the other codefendants in the Georgia case, about efforts to put Eastman in touch with Georgia legislative leaders. (Eastman said those contacts were attorney-client privileged as well).

And Carling probed his relationship with attorney Kenneth Chesebro, another Trump codefendant who was an architect of the last-ditch legal strategy Trump deployed to attempt to remain in power. Chesebro wrote memos that helped drive Trump’s efforts to assemble false slates of pro-Trump presidential electors in seven states won by Joe Biden, and said it was crucial that those “contingent” electors gather and vote on Dec. 14, 2020, on the same day that Biden’s state-certified electors cast their own ballots.

Eastman indicated that he had a minimal relationship with Chesebro until late December, even as he, too, pushed for the pro-Trump “alternate” electors to meet. “I didn’t directly deal with Mr. Chesebro at that time,” Eastman said.

Rather, he said others in Trump’s orbit forwarded him some of Chesebro’s memos. And Eastman suggested that he never saw one key memo — a Dec. 6, 2020, document recently unearthed by the New York Times — until bar attorneys showed it to him this week.

Tucker Carlson Cooks Up Completely Bonkers New Trump Conspiracy Theory

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson launched a wild conspiracy theory during a podcast appearance where he claimed that “they” will try to kill Donald Trump.

“We’re speeding toward assassination, obviously, and no one will say that,” he told Adam Carolla. “I don’t know how you can’t reach that conclusion.”

Carlson claimed that “permanent Washington” ― which consists of “both parties” ― wants the former president out of the picture completely.

He said “they” have already tried protesting him, calling him names, impeaching him twice and indicting him four times.

“And every single time his popularity rose,” Carlson claimed despite polls showing that Trump’s favorability rating since leaving office has held steady in the high 30s and low 40s, according to FiveThirtyEight.

Carlson said none of those efforts have forced Trump out.

“What’s next?” he asked. “I mean, you know, graph it out, man!”

I hope he's right.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

'Don't scold me!' Mike Lindell flips out on Dominion lawyer during deposition

Trump-loving pillow monger Mike Lindell has been facing a barrage of defamation lawsuits since the end of the 2020 election when he began pushing multiple bogus claims about voting machines stealing votes away from former President Donald Trump.

Chris Dehghanpoor, an investigative reporter at the Washington Post, flagged a video on Friday from a deposition that Lindell took with an attorney representing Dominion Voting Systems employee Eric Croomer in which Lindell regularly lashes out at the lawyer.

The video shows the MyPillow CEO reacting with hostility to even basic questions from the attorney – and he even got feisty when the attorney simply asked him to confirm that they had only met one another a mere four minutes prior to starting the taped deposition.

After the attorney informed Lindell that he was going to try to take the deposition slowly to make it easier for the court reporter to take down a transcript, Lindell immediately flew off the handle.

'Don't sit and scold me already, mister!" Lindell fired back. "I'll do whatever I have to do... You're just a lawyer, you're an ambulance-chasing lawyer, so don't start with me, I got all day! I'll take as much time as you want, so let's go! You're not my boss, you're just a lawyer, frivolous lawyer!"

• Haha 1

Huckabee slammed for 'calling for civil war' and saying elections may be decided by 'bullets' if Trump loses

Former Arkansas Republican governor Mike Huckabee on Wednesday appeared to issue a threat of violence, according to some critics, if legal issues prevent Donald Trump from winning the 2024 presidential election.

Huckabee, a political commentator, ordained Baptist minister, twice-failed Republican presidential candidate, anti-LGBTQ activist, and the father of current Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said on his Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) show Wednesday that future elections will be decided by “bullets” not “ballots” if Trump – who is facing 91 criminal felony charges in four indictments across three jurisdictions – does not win back the White House due to legal entanglements.

“Do you know how political opponents to those in power are dealt with in third world dictatorships, banana republics, and communist regimes?” Huckabee, a far-right wing religious extremist, asked his audience. “Well, it’s simple. The people in power use their police agencies to arrest their opponents for made up crimes in an attempt to discredit them, bankrupt them, imprison them, exile them, or all of the above.”

“And if you’re not paying attention,” Huckabee continued, “you may not realize that Joe Biden is using exactly those tactics to make sure that Donald Trump is not his opponent in 2024. Here’s the problem: if these tactics end up working to keep Trump from winning, or even running in 2024, it is going to be the last American election that will be decided by ballots rather than bullets.”

19 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

OMG. Me and my college roommate walked this particular episode of "Clerks: The Animated Series" more times than I can count in college (Episode 4!!!).  I haven't watched this clip in like 10 years. Amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, China said:

Huckabee slammed for 'calling for civil war' and saying elections may be decided by 'bullets' if Trump loses

Former Arkansas Republican governor Mike Huckabee on Wednesday appeared to issue a threat of violence,

“And if you’re not paying attention,” Huckabee continued, “you may not realize that Joe Biden is using exactly those tactics to make sure that Donald Trump is not his opponent in 2024. Here’s the problem: if these tactics end up working to keep Trump from winning, or even running in 2024, it is going to be the last American election that will be decided by ballots rather than bullets.”

This is what needs to end riht ****ing now.
This doesn't APPEAR to be a threat, this IS a threat. 

What the living ****, why are there NO GUTS in ANY INSTITUTIONS THAT CAN DO ANYTHING?

They won't even CALL it what it IS, and as we continue to see the already politically motivated violence carried out by the right, anyone with ANY VOICE is afraid to say what is going on. 
"Truth dies in darkness" my ass. it dies when those with the ****ing DUTY to show it haven't got the ****ing spine for it.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Trump's son spins wild narrative: Father's legal battles akin to centuries of racial injustice

The audacity of privilege knows no bounds. This week, Trump's least intellectually gifted son appeared on a religious zealot's podcast and compared his father's legal issues to the systemic racism and legal injustices faced by Black people for centuries.

He said, "And now you're seeing certain segments of the population, like the African American segment of the population, who are coming out and saying, 'they've done the same crap that they're doing to Donald Trump. They've done it to us. For years, they've indicted us for nonsense. They've thrown the legal system at us, they haven't given us a chance in hell, it's been a rigged system.' They've literally made my father, a martyr with certain segments of the population…"

• Haha 2

'Bitter' Trump accused of trying to 'bait' Florida judge by 'misbehaving' as much as possible

With Donald Trump mired in four high-profile trials -- one each in Washington, D.C., Manhattan, Atlanta, and Florida -- he is using a lesser lawsuit he filed in Florida that has been going on for six years to test out the limits of how much he can bait the judge by filing frivolous motions.

According to the Daily Beast's Jose Pagliery, the former president, still "bitter" that a lawsuit he filed against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been tossed out, has declared war on U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks that has legal analysts predicting he's testing out a legal strategy that could be used in his more dangerous trials.

According to the report, Trump is still angry that Middlebrooks slapped him with a $1 million fine and is pointing out the wording in the judge's ruling against him to make the claim that he is biased -- a possible test case for making the same claims against the other judges in cases where his prospects seem grim.

According to one legal expert, the former president is trying to "bait" the judge into making a ruling that could call into question his ethics.

As Frederic M. Bloom, a law professor at University of Colorado Boulder, put it, "The strategy generally is to misbehave as much as you want, and either get away with it because judges are reluctant to sanction you or impose any consequences—or have them sanction you, then complain the person is unfair.”

Bloom added, "This is the Trump game. What his lawyers are up to at this point is, they’re trying to bait him.”

Judicial ethics expert Joshua E. Kastenberg added, that Middlebrooks' rulings so far have been nothing to complain about.

Just now, mistertim said:

Still laughing about this new "Trump is now popular with Black people because he's been charged with crimes" spin that the right has trotted out. No way it could backfire.

Well, it can't backfire, because GOP support among AAs can't get any lower.  

It's intent is just for their base.  (Just like everything else.)  It's a racist dog whistle, and more "permission to be assholes".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Says the guy that was probably hungover after drinking bud lights when he threw that perfect game. 

Throw the ball and shut your ****ing mouth. 🤪

Well, the only Nike product I've bought since I watched "The Sneaker Wars" back in the 90s on ESPN  is.........

My 10 Elite jersey.  (And gee, I can't imagine why I did that :cheers:...but I love it still.  And I'll be wearing it at the Falcons game.)

• Thumb up 1