Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westworld - Season 2 Discussion *SPOILERS*

I liked it. The only bad writing I saw was Angela seducing the mercenary. I thought she was going to turn around and have a grenade already in her hand or something but nope she turned around and yeah she's ridiculously hot AF, but he has to be smarter than that. That was dumb. 

I'll post the rest of my thoughts later

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

i know i complained about shogun world because it was filler and although this episode didn't further the plot a lot, the storytelling was much better and made for a great episode. 

Agreed.  It's a stand alone episode in a sense that if I wanted to show someone some of the tough topics the show has tried to tackle, this would be one of the first to come to mind.  There was enough scenes with the mother and daughter together in flashback scene that that didn't have to be explained.  

That was a fantastic episode with some of the most emotional scenes the series has put together yet. Also, the cinematography was unreal. Some of those sights, just wow. The realization at the end of the episode that he was speaking to Maeve the whole time and telling his story through the daughter was a great reveal. This episode really hit the heartstrings. 

I'm glad we have some back story on ghost nation. We also have confirmation of a host becoming awake without any intervention from Arnold or Ford. I think Akechita's path may have given Ford the idea for the reveries update that kicked off the beginning of season 1. Seeing how the memories of his past life jump started his path to consciousness likely had an impact on Ford.

Also, Emily wants MIB to suffer. I have no idea what she might have planned for him. Next week seems like we get the full MIB backstory of his family life and what went down with his wife and Emily. They are really pulling the curtain back on the mystery. 

Charlotte may try to weaponize Maeve after discovering her ability to admin override other hosts. 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Who is Emily? I thought her name was Grace. 

She said her name was Grace while in The Raj but once it was discovered that she was MIB’s daughter, her name became Emily because that is his daughters name. Grace was a cover she was using while in Raj or her middle name or something likely to keep people from identifying her while there and also more importantly to throw off the audience 

I really think that may have been one of the best TV show episodes of all time. The story from start to end was just incredible. The themes it explored and the tie-in to Maeve at the end.... this show is so good. 

Also I think Emily’s punishment for MIB is that he never gets to finish whatever he was looking to find in the park. He failed and he’ll have to live with that.

Also, no wonder Logan killed himself. Dude was just a dumb party boy and then he saw what a ****ing sociopath William is lmao.

Another outstanding episode. 

I see a lot of people online are speculating about Emily being a host and MIB being a host etc. I thought this episode was pretty clear and they are reading too far into it 

Emily was real. MIB is real. Both of their necks are scanned by real humans yet MIB murders them all thinking it’s part of Ford’s game. It’s mentioned several times in the episode that he might forget who he is and he can’t tell what is real. I remember at least 3 times this is brought up. It’s a clue tO the audience. This dude is ****ing losing his mind. He cuts himself open ala Ex Machina because he is questioning his own reality. 

Also, I don’t believe Ford is really

deleted. That was way too easy for Bernard   

We are to assume Teddy is dead for good now. It was a great ending for him and Delores really sold it. She gave off that ‘almost not sure how to react, never envisioned this panic’ reaction perfectly. 

It’s easy to forget that everything that happened this episode is still before the beginning of season 2 when Bernard wakes up by the water. Bernard, MIB and Delores are currently all headed for a confrontation in the Valley Beyond. The outcome of that will flood the valley and that is when Hale and their team will arrive, find Bernard and begin torturing him to learn Abernathy is located in that same section of the park that was flooded.  So then they will

return and we will get the final conclusion to the season. 

Killing his daughter was unacceptable, where do go with that character now?  I don't want him dead, that far gone he deserves worse then death.

@Momma There Goes That Man when he was cutting into his arm he didn't make a peep.  If anyone got the first one, it's him.  Maybe they thought they got it right but his breakdown just took longer.  He would not if been that sure about killing his daughter if he wasn't convinced it was possible, imo.

I commented to my dad that at the beginning of the episode Teddy did a omitting that showed he was trying to fight this new nature Delores gave him. That ending made sense, hopefully it causes her to question if she's gone too far.  She might not even make it, ghost nation already said they were going to stop her.  Why though?

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Killing his daughter was unacceptable, where do go with that character now?  I don't want him dead, that far gone he deserves worse then death.

I think he will likely die next episode. The character William might live on as Jimmi Simpson in future seasons as a host. 

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

when he was cutting into his arm he didn't make a peep.

Even if he was a host he would still feel pain so that doesn't matter. He's just tougher than a $2 steak as we have seen the past two seasons. 

Maybe they thought they got it right but his breakdown just took longer.  He would not if been that sure about killing his daughter if he wasn't convinced it was possible, imo.

Killing his daughter didn't have to mean he thought she was a hybrid like Delos. Just that he thought she was a host Ford had created.

I know there are still some MIB host theories but I just thought this episode cleared it up. I like the narrative of him losing his reality and his mind with how much time he has spent and given to Westworld. I think there could be a Jimmi Simpson version of William running around as a hybrid somewhere though. 

Teddy did a omitting that showed he was trying to fight this new nature Delores gave him.

I couldn't tell if that was Teddy fighting it or the Ghost Nation brave doing something that forced him to hold off. The brave looked like it was what he expected to happen as he walked off. It would make more sense to have Teddy fighting it, given how his arc ended a later. 

ghost nation already said they were going to stop her.  Why though?

As we saw last week, the Valley Beyond is their religion. It's a door to the right world that they hope to pass through. It is not a weapon or something the deathbringer should desecrate. That is why they want to stop her.  

I was a bit underwhelmed by the Teddy suicide, since it seemed somewhat obvious at that point and Dolores didn’t really try to stop him.  Maybe she didn’t think there was anything more she could do, or she was stunned, but it seemed overdone to me.  

Also not at all a fan of MIB totally losing it and killing those security folks and then his daughter.  Yeah he was paranoid before, but it just seemed too much of a reach that he would suddenly flip out like that.  It also rely pissed me off that they killed his daughter off like that.  It seemed like they just wanted to go dark as possible all of the sudden for shock value, and I felt like they had more of a story to tell with her.

Although it was interesting that MIB interrupted the security folks right when they were about to check her for humanity, which is often a tell that someone is something other than human, but might have just been done to contribute to the confusion in the very next moment of him deciding to kill her.

The rest of the episode was all right, and there were some great moments with Ford, but it is a bit weird how Sizemore vanished and none of Maive’s followers have been seen for a few episodes now.(not counting the preview)

Also where is the head Ghost Nation guy? 

I’m super curious to see what robo Logan, (or is that his father in a younger body?) is up to next episode.

Saw this online earlier

William and Delores are reflections of each other. There are just so many parallels between MIB and Dolores:

• At the beginning of the journey, both were just timid quiet, seemingly harmless individuals: Billy was just a quiet kid hanging out with Logan, Dolores is a ranch daughter going about day to day life.

•  

• Both started to discover themselves 30 years ago, and all happened after they both met each other.

•  

• William eventually awakens himself as MIB, and in the same season, Dolores awakens herself as Wyatt.

•  

• Both of their alter egos are the darkest part that is hidden within themselves. There is always something wrong with William, and Arnold finds Dolores "frightening".

•  

• Once awakened with who they are, both are frightening good at slaughter, killing many without batting an eyelid.

•  

• There is an association of religious imagery specifically with "adversary" about these two: William is death, while Dolores is the deathbringer. She literally brings out the MIB who goes on to murder and destroy the guests for the next 30 years and now is attempting to "burn the whole place to the ground

•  

• Both tried to settle with another person/host, but couldn't fill up their emptiness inside, always feels like lacking something.

•  

• William couldn't love Juliet, while Dolores couldn't love Teddy.

•  

• They used everyone on their path of destruction as tools.

•  

• Both drove whoever loved them to suicide: Juliet discovered William's dirty little secret, Teddy remembered Dolores has forcefully reprogrammed him, they couldn't live with the fact they are loving a wolf in sheep's clothing.

•  

• William and Dolores now have no emotional connections left, they will meet each other again, but this time as their "true self", the hideous form within them.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’ve been thinking MIB losing his grip on reality has been building up all season so him killing his daughter was his roosters coming to roost as well as was Delores and Teddy.  Momma what purpose would william living as a host serve? 

I agree, I think it has been built up well. 

I woild think the purpose for him to choose to do that is so he can live in the place that he loves more than any other with the one person he truly loved, Delores. He may choose that path and it can even offer him a chance of redemption if he can become a protagonist for the hosts in future seasons. He has nothing else to live for in the real world 

Plus if they go with the Jimmi Simpson version, it keeps the character William in the world while letting them lose Ed Harris. Dont get me wrong, I love Ed Harris, his turn as MIB has been my favorite character and storyline of the the series but realistically, he’s an expensive name that’s fairly old. Might be time to move on. 

i think the MIB and William are one and the same.

Also, there is no future in that fake data storage in the valley. The hosts are fighting to live in the real world and if they have the MIb reincarnated as William just for him to live in the world would be going against everything they set him up to be. If he couldn’t find meaning in the real

world why would he find meaning in a virtual one. 

Also, there is no future in that fake data storage in the valley. The hosts are fighting to live in the real world and if they have the MIb reincarnated as William just for him to live in the world would be going against everything they set him up to be. If he couldn’t find meaning in the real

world why would he find meaning in a virtual one. 

We don’t actually know what Delores is planning to do there. I guess I kinda merged ideas in my last post. 

1) William host could be there to continue live with the hosts, with his love. 

2) from a showrunning perspective I hope they dont abandon the park aspect and they keep these characters within the structure of the parks. So in that thinking, William host would stay in the park. It has meaning because he loves the park and never found the same connections to himself or to another that he found in the real world. 

But this gets at a lingering nervous question I have which is that I don’t know where the show goes after this season. Many important characters are dead like Teddy, Ford, Emily etc and it seems unlikely they can continue this story arc. I don’t know if they reset next season with new characters or what but it seems hard to grasp how they can get the expected additional seasons out of the current characters based on their arcs

A William host is unnecessary. He doesn’t deserve a happy ending. 

I mostly agree now that he killed his daughter and we know the details behind his wife’s suicide but prior to the last episode I could have seen a redemption arc working for him. 

I can still see it with a young version of him since it would be the white hat version. Maybe he could choose to let his good side carry on 

Archived