Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Heavy Metal Thread

JCB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@TryTheBeal! texted me with terrible news, Riley Gale, singer for Power Trip, has died.

I like a decent amount of metal, some of it not so much but Power Trip's albums are albums I can listen straight through, not skipping a track.  They're constantly on workout playlists.  Matter of fact, I've been listening to their live one while working out these past few days.

https://pitchfork.com/news/power-trips-riley-gale-has-died/

RIP, Riley Gale.

• Like 2

Man, I never gave Power Trip the time of day. I knew of them, I just never listened to them. There are just so many bands out there. Anyways, the first I had heard of Riley was in the Body Count song when it came out. But, it appears I have been slacking. Their stuff is pretty kick ass. It really sucks that this dude died so young.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, JCB said:

How was the Down show?

Revisiting Sepultura's debut currently. Man, they were fierce.

The Down show was great. Typical Phil saying nonsense,  which was quite funny. Every song goes out to someone. Example, and this isn't a thing he actually said, just an example of the silliness of it all: "I want to send this song out to hmmm, Japan. I love you, mmm, god damn I love you. This is called Eyes of the South." Watch the show, you'll understand. 

Here is the show on YouTube. It sounded better live that night. Also, if it is set up like the tours where they did "A Night with Down." So there's a big long introduction. There is a timer in the right corner of when the show starts if you want to skip to it. Also, the sound on this video is really low.

My wife and I drank a ton starting before this concert, and then made a night of listening and watching Pantera concerts and shows which we eventually started to bring in old Metallica and Megadeth as well as Anthrax, Slayer, Testament etc... We had a blast!!! One of our most fun nights in quarantine.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

1. Girlfriend (now wife) and I were up against the front rail headbanging and everyone kept squishing me into her and her against the rail. So, I locked my arms so I couldn't move and not squish her. This huge dude behind me got pissed (he was getting pushed as well and took it out on me) and put me in a headlock without warning. My wife, realizing something was wrong turned around and punched the dude right in the face.

And that's when you knew she was "the one".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1