Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From bikes to trains to video games it's the biggest toy store there is

Springfield

Only thing I liked going there to buy was Nintendo games back in the 80s.  They had the best selection.  I actually stopped in one last night to pick up a birthday gift for my nephew.  The store wasn't crowded but I still spent 30 minutes waiting in line to check out.  And even though there were employees walking around doing nothing, they wouldn't open up another register.  That'll be my final memory of the place.  

21 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Toys R Us's business model of making you make an extra trip to pay more for things you can buy at Target and Walmart while you buy stuff you need was not terribly well thought-out.

No, this is all Trump’s fault.

Obama kills Bin Laden.  Trump kills childhood.

Spoiler

Totally kidding!  Jesus people, chill the **** out.

Anyone have one of those original Star Wars Jawa figures with the vinyl cape? I used to have that thing, I think I ground his face off on a humidifier when I housebound with a respiratory virus or something. Check out the prices on ebay. Wow. I need to go rummaging through my attic.

I played a Virtual Boy in Toys R Us back in the day.  It was cool that they had video game systems set up for you to try out.

Got my first bike from there.

I would always beg my mom to bring me to Toys R Us to get some Transformers and other action figures.  It was always amazing to me, as a child, to walk through the aisles of toys and find new stuff.

This liquidation sale sounds enticing. 

If you are planning on going to the store for one last walk up and down the aisles to reminisce could face a different reality.

“People will go for one last time, but I am not sure it will translate into buying,” said Tatelbaum. “I think you are going to find a general malaise — not happy and joyful employees … this is going to be almost like a wake.” 

http://wtvr.com/2018/03/22/toys-r-us-liquidation/

Archived